Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Expansion Pack will you never buy - and why?

Which Expansion Pack will you never buy - and why? 179 votes

Get to Work
3%
jennihopeTomasGrizzlyhaisinClousinatorsCavapoo_Kingluluxmrtnsab 7 votes
Get Together
0%
City Living
0%
Destinycrow 1 vote
Cats & Dogs
0%
eternalrainn 1 vote
Seasons
2%
EnkiSchmidtKellogg_J_KelloggBecka28CaprianaB 4 votes
Get Famous
3%
emereSindocatbirdonawirePurpleHeatherEmber_FoxIsharell 6 votes
Island Living
2%
sam123wormofthebookRifftraxRulesZinomanMareah 5 votes
Discover University
0%
Thenyoukissme 1 vote
Eco Lifestyle
30%
Goth583GalacticGalErja888lisamwittcandystormIsb917keekee53Gdurmababajaynecandy8AnmirlaMariefoxprice83JestTruNausLustianiciaAlwe1507RipleyrawrhalloweenchildSailorCetifoxybilly 54 votes
None - I own them all!
55%
Akl500PBluegayleauroraael14vancanuckfan86Kita5399IcewolfLaBlue0314aprilroseTheRealTacomamaJueJueCamkatSimpatsyannjoelygirlsims2elemmeleAuroraBoreallisSageRainWillowelanorbretonhaneulMisslizardBoergeAarg61 100 votes

Comments

• Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    edited August 2020
    Eco Lifestyle
    I've looked in to most available information for the EPs and I have no interest in playing eco-friendly Sims. :)
  • BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    I must edit that I will buy eco but only if all the horrible bugs I hear about are fixed.
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    None - I own them all!
    Eh what can I say I must have it all 😅
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I almost decided not to buy DU, but I eventually figured out how I could make it fit my current rotational gameplay. But I'm going to wait for the next generation now, so I won't buy it until those kids are teens. So I guess none of the above fit me because I will buy them all, but not yet.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    EL is not a theme that appeals to me in terms of fun and games and there are a couple of things in it that I really do not want in my game.
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    Cats & Dogs
    I said this in the unpopular opinion thread but I love animals too much to watch them die and see all the strays. I know it's just a game but it's too much of a reality for me and just wouldn't enjoy it in my game. Not knocking the pack or anything it's probably a good pack just not for me unfortunately.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    I'm more picky when it comes to stuff packs. My First Pet will never entire my PC unless it's Free.
    Eco Lifestyle
    Daephene wrote: »
    I almost decided not to buy DU, but I eventually figured out how I could make it fit my current rotational gameplay. But I'm going to wait for the next generation now, so I won't buy it until those kids are teens. So I guess none of the above fit me because I will buy them all, but not yet.

@Daephene Feel free to PM me how, or chat on my open DU thread, because I'm still looking for an answer on how to play DU rotationally!
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    None - I own them all!
    I already own them all. My least favourite two are Discover University and Eco Lifestyle.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    None - I own them all!
    I own them all but I regret buying Eco Lifestyle. It's literally garbage. I like some of the CAS and BB items, but the game play is terribly boring and buggy.
    My favorites are Cats & Dogs and Island Living.
    Eco Lifestyle
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I already own them all. My least favourite two are Discover University and Eco Lifestyle.

What don't you like about them?
    Kimmer wrote: »
    I own them all but I regret buying Eco Lifestyle. It's literally garbage. I like some of the CAS and BB items, but the game play is terribly boring and buggy.

What don't you like about the game play, other than bugs?
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    I stopped buying them after Get Famous, but if I had to choose I’d say Eco Lifestyle due to all the issues people are having.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Island Living
    I lack more than one but almost all of them had something that intrigued me at some point except for Island Living.
  • lthshilthshi Posts: 5 New Member
    I own all of them except eco. I was gonna buy it but i feel like there wasn't a lot of interesting gameplay. But sometimes I wanna change my mind because I kinda wanna have my sims live in an apartment
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    None - I own them all!
    I own everything except Eco Lifestyle. I am planning on acquiring it though, but just waiting for more bug fixes. The last patch wasn't enough, if I have to believe some comments on here.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited August 2020
    None - I own them all!
    Alwe1507 wrote: »
    Kimmer wrote: »

What don't you like about the game play, other than bugs?

I wasn't interested of the theme to begin with. I don't find playing with garbage interesting. I thought this would be the first expansion pack that I wouldn't buy, but the livestream made me change my mind. I thought the NAPs would be great. I was wrong. I'm not even going to start talking about them, there are so many threads about them and the problems they cause. :#
    Dumpster diving was fun for the first few times, but it got boring pretty quickly.

My Sims were living off the grid and I bought them dew collectors to be able to sometimes use the shower or toilet, but even five of them wasn't enough. They look awful on the lot and I didn't want more, especially when they broke all the time. My Sims had no time to do anything fun, because they had to fix broken dew collectors and solar panels daily. Wind turbines don't break that often, but I don't like to place too many of them either.

I don't even know what to do to have fun with Eco Lifestyle. My Sims are miserable all the time and I'm bored.
    On my Eco Lifestyle save my Sims just moved from Port Promise to Grims Quarry and had twins and they're not living off the grid anymore. The husband is permanently grumpy and if he doesn't recycle something all the time he steals his own things and recycles them autonomously. I can't wait when he starts recycling his childrens' stuff & things. :unamused:
    If I didn't like my EL Sims as much as I do I would've deleted the save already. In fact I would've already disabled EL if I didn't like CAS & BB items so much
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited August 2020
    None - I own them all!
    Get to Work: 6/10
    - Hate active careers
    - Hate aliens
    - Hate that we have to be on the lot to open our business
    - World is too small

Get Together: 8/10
    - World has horrendous routing
    - Don’t like that the world is split: half residential (grass) / half business (gravel)

City Living: 8/10
    - World was buggy for like 2 years
    - Cannot create our own apartments

Cats & Dogs: 7/10
    - Pets are annoying
    - Objects are so/so
    - Should’ve had more pet involvement with Sims (my Sim was perfectly fine not interacting with his pets)

Seasons: 9/10
    - Should've come with a new world

Get Famous: 7/10
    - Acting career is too repetitive to be fun anymore
    - Music Production is weak
    - World is too small

Island Living: 8/10
    - Hate mermaids
    - World is too bright

Discover University: 8/10
    - Living on campus is way too buggy and stressful
    - Issues with degrees (sometimes diplomas will duplicate in inventory, sometimes Sims will be stuck in a degree they cannot finish)

Eco Lifestyle: 6/10
    - N.A.P.s are buggy
    - Environmental changes are buggy
    - The apartment balconies aren’t actually part of the apartments anymore
    - More apartments but we still cannot create our own
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    None - I own them all!
    I put None I own them all, because I do. But if I could go back in time I would not buy Discover University. It's the only one I don't really enjoy
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    None - I own them all!
    I keep collecting the next pack to add to my game.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited August 2020
    None - I own them all!
    I own them all. I'm a bit disapointed with Eco Lifestyle though...

I did get some stuff that i like in this ep, but the main features, and those i was most excited about, came out to be not what i was expecting.

I wish that naps were related to the community spaces. If we voted in a nap that community space would change to something related to it. Im not happy with it overriding npc's behaviour. I'ld also prefer that a nap would spawn some objects related to it in the neighbourhood. For example, with a nap related to art, some easels and other art stuff would spawn in the neighbourhood. That would make the npcs use more this kind of objects as they autonomously use the grill, the children playgrounds...

And the eco footprint was disapointing too. I was expecting the industrial one to spawn garbage in all worlds. It would make an interesting change of scenery... It is also very hard to change. But not hard in a challenging way. Having to go out of my household to change the neighbour's houses feels more like a chore...
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    Actually I've been waiting for a pack with a more "run down" CAS, but EL has bugs (called N.A.P.) that ruin the behavior of the Sims in game. So I won't buy it. (Why can't we just have a Store where we can buy certain CAS or B/B objects from a pack?)
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Sim_ArchitectsSim_Architects Posts: 302 Member
    None - I own them all!
    I will not buy whatever that it is, that they DON'T make . Everything else that they do make for The Sims games, from here on forward, i WILL buy! I own every pack for Sims 4 and always will.
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited August 2020
    Eco Lifestyle
    NAPs are a hot mess that were likely designed to be this way, so there will be no fix for them. I don't like the world or any of the premades, the gameplay this pack offers bores me, my old laptop has started to lag with too many packs and cc installed (I own everything but Eco Lifestyle and some stuff packs) and I am saving what little space it still has for something I'd actually enjoy, and so on. I like CAS and build/buy, but they don't overweight the negative aspects for me.
    Post edited by AngeliqueAdelaide on
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    I will not buy anything I do not think is worth supporting and that pack is one of those things.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 399 Member
    Get Famous
    Get Famous is the only EP I don't own. Fame and fortune just doesn't interest me, neither in The Sims nor IRL. Sometimes I buy a pack even if I'm not interested in the gameplay, if it has a pretty world or good CAS/BB (I bought Realm of Magic because of beautiful Glimmerbrook, but I have never played with any of the magic stuff) but there is just nothing compelling me to buy this one.