Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

kPercentageOfWealthBilled question [solved]

McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
For some reason Harder Bills mod no longer works for me, I'm not sure if it's conflicting with something or what, I tried putting it on overrides but nope. Very strange, it used to work. Might be because I've edited the mailbox in retuner for other stuff?

Anyway, as I understand it the percentages are worked out weirdly.

Under kPercentageOfWealthBilled
0.013 actually means 1.3% correct?

So 0.10 would be 10% right?
ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
Post edited by McTosh on

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Are you by any chance using the NRaas SP Money module? If so, the two different mods would be trying to control billing rates in different ways.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    edited July 2020
    Yup. I figured as much, though it's strange it used to work, maybe it was the mod overriding SP and now SP is overriding the mod? lol

I've removed the mod alltogether, will stick with just SP and retuner.

Under retuner
    0.1 would be 10% right?

I can't see anything in SP's options: money related to billing.
    I see a tax days option, which I've set to monday, unified billing true.
    But can't see an option directly for % of wealth to be billed.

Though for a while now I've used caste options to impose income & property tax on lower(<100,000)/middle(>100,000 <1000,000)/upper class(>1000,000)
    Income tax

Property tax
    (from lower to upper obviously)

My bills seem ridiculously low. I'm getting billed just under $300
    when I have 14,000 free money plus an extra 30,000+ in property.

I used to be getting bills for like $1,400
    I can't figure out what's changed at all.

Thanks for reply btw :)
    SP Money's tax rates are under Town (Caste, Household, Sim) Options only, not General. So you already have your settings in the correct place.

What property tax rates have you specified for your three castes? And, using Sim Options, what property tax rate do you see for a sim living in the household that is only being billed under §300? Possibly the household has somehow landed in the wrong caste?

Also it should be noted that cash may help determine which tax bracket a household lands in as it is part of Net Worth, but the cash itself is not taxable.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    edited July 2020
    igazor wrote: »
    SP Money's tax rates are under Town (Caste, Household, Sim) Options only, not General. So you already have your settings in the correct place.

What property tax rates have you specified for your three castes? And, using Sim Options, what property tax rate do you see for a sim living in the household that is only being billed under §300? Possibly the household has somehow landed in the wrong caste?

Also it should be noted that cash may help determine which tax bracket a household lands in as it is part of Net Worth, but the cash itself is not taxable.

0 - working (<100,000)
    1 - middle (>100,000 <1,000,000)
    2 - upper (>1,000,000)

Ah, my household falls under working with 0 property tax. That'll by why then if the bills mod no longer working.

I may up these then. I want a nice balance where people have to work to pay their bills not not so monstrous the entire town is broke haha.

Also @igazor unrelated to topic but I read one of your old posts from 2015 yesterday, you stated you play in riverview and just vacation when you want to see the other eps (such as resorts) rather than playing on a map that has everything. I found that interesting

I'm thinking of doing the same, playing on maps that have everything stuffed in just gets cumbersome after several generations. I was only 2 generations into my last game and ram usage was already 2.4, could tell right away there's no way I'm making it to 10.

Thinking of going to a smaller map with less in it but vacation more to see other stuff.

How's your game going with that method?
    Post edited by McTosh on
    edited July 2020
    Still going along brilliantly, though I hardly get any time to play these days. Gameplay has landed me in Bridgeport for a long time now and the active household there is currently finishing up a vacation in Isla Paradiso after which my rotations will take me to Twinbrook. But Riverview is still the center of this game and where my legacy-style household is based (all Traveler mod connected).

One of the reasons I like Riverview so much is that it's so easy for me to build on compared to many other worlds. It is currently over-populated with around 260 resident sims, but I like things that way and that's about as far as I'll go with that one also because of RAM usage which varies depending upon which household I'm playing. It's not that I won't add any EP-specific community lots to such a world at all, but I'm very selective about it. My instance of Riverview does have a couple of dance clubs and a few bars here and there so there is some nightlife, these are subject to change as I make such businesses come and go. It also has a Seasons festival lot, an elixir consignment store and an equestrian center but not the dog/cat parks, a java hut and bowling alley, and a few lots from some of the other EPs and store sets. But if I tried to cram everything in, I would not have enough map space left for sims to live there without destroying the more spread out feel of the map away from its center and certainly not with the population levels I've been maintaining.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    edited July 2020
    igazor wrote: »
    Still going along brilliantly, though I hardly get any time to play these days. Gameplay has landed me in Bridgeport for a long time now and the active household there is currently finishing up a vacation in Isla Paradiso after which my rotations will take me to Twinbrook. But Riverview is still the center of this game and where my legacy-style household is based (all Traveler mod connected).

One of the reasons I like Riverview so much is that it's so easy for me to build on compared to many other worlds. It is currently over-populated with around 260 resident sims, but I like things that way and that's about as far as I'll go with that one also because of RAM usage which varies depending upon which household I'm playing. It's not that I won't add any EP-specific community lots to such a world at all, but I'm very selective about it. My instance of Riverview does have a couple of dance clubs and a few bars here and there so there is some nightlife, these are subject to change as I make such businesses come and go. It also has a Seasons festival lot, an elixir consignment store and an equestrian center but not the dog/cat parks, a java hut and bowling alley, and a few lots from some of the other EPs and store sets. But if I tried to cram everything in, I would not have enough map space left for sims to live there without destroying the more spread out feel of the map away from its center and certainly not with the population levels I've been maintaining.

Yep gotacha, I'm just starting new games to browse in edit town of each map. I only need the bare necessities for my town.

I'd be happy with a couple of bars, 1 seasons ground, equestrian center, consignment store and the ambitions stuff.

I could always build my own bed & breakfast resort later in game if need me, but for one to stay in, well that's what vacations are for right?! :)

I've never actually used nraas traveller, i've always played on maps that stuff everything in so I've never had an excuse to use it! Maybe it's time to start something new so I can have a more stable long term play :open_mouth:

I seem to have to restart every 3 generations because of that dreaded RAM usage going over 3.2gb, getting annoying.

Impressive you have a stable game with almost 300 sims though! Nice. I had a look at riverview, by default it already has everything I need. Ambitions stuff, the karaoke bar, a showtime venue, watering hole. I'm considering moving my sims there too. If I want supernatural I'll go on vacation to the supernatural world etc :P it does look like a nice map to expand on.

Also looking at meadow glen (the basic version, #2 I think)

Anyway thanks for your input, you're forever the gent :) Back on topic, my tax numbers seem right to you or you think I can up them? If I remember right in your thread you have it set as

right?
    edited July 2020
    I got started with the Traveler mod connected worlds way back when I moved my "main" household from Sunset Valley to Riverview but wanted to keep both worlds in play; half the EPs weren't even released yet back then or at least I didn't have them yet. But where it really became intense was when one generation had 16 kids (12 to one sibling, 4 to the other) and it quickly became clear that if I wanted to keep all of these grown kids and their subsequent households and children's households in my game I would have to take some action or else not only would I have a population explosion that the game would not be able to handle, but everyone in my world would be too closely related to each other. The ability to spread out EP content and do up custom vacation destinations was for me just an added bonus.

The explosion thing can still happen after having spread things out to 5 homeworlds among the 16 I have connected, but even if I were to be able to play every day/week, it would still take many decades of real time to get to a point where my entire system collapses upon itself. I don't really plan to still be playing this game when I am 120, but I'll check back in then if this is not the case. :)

The tax rates for property and income taxes and the caste boundaries I use for the different rates vary depending on the world I'm playing because they all have somewhat different economies. In one world some sims still come from "old money" so I have more detailed upper middle and upper classes, in others especially the ones that haven't progressed through many generations yet everyone except a select few are in the lowest tier. And generally it's much more expensive to live in Bridgeport than say Dragon Valley. But yes, 0/2/4 sounds about right for the property tax rates on average. Or maybe 1/2/4 if the lowest class can withstand the payments. Your net worth upper boundary of 100k for the lowest class may be too high for your world, but you would have to do some MC demographics reports if you need a better sense of how rich/poor all of its households currently are.

SP's Accounting Reports also help immensely so we can see where particular households' funds are coming from/going to and we can always run MC Household Status reports to see some details on their Net Worth and predict what their tax bills will look like.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Thanks good sir, I shall go have a play around and experiment. I've settled on meadow glen (version 2), removing any buildings I don't need.

Current ram usage 800mb, but it is unpopulated as is, let's see how it goes once I've filled it with immigrants.

I'll have an excuse to stop being lazy and send my sims on real vacations from now on huh :))

Enough dillydallying time to go simming. Have a good one igazor!
    Well starting a new game seemed to fix whatever was wrong with the billing @igazor. My first bill $1,004. Sounds about right, though that does include 15% interest from the bank loan I took out to pay for inoculations (touch of the llama pox making its rounds :D)

My sim is absolutely broke now, so I think property tax at 0 for this economic band is right. I don't think any of the townie sims would survive with it at 1. :D

Also to test something, i used rapid immigration to try double the population that I previously had. On my old world I had ~95 sims, and was getting freezes every few seconds and 3.2 ram usage, it became unbearable.

New world that doesn't have all the EPs in it just the basics I want (I can vacation to see everything else)
    ~150 sims
    1.6 ram usage
    literally zero lag or freezes at all. minor stutters here and there especially on busy lots (and boy are lots BUSY now! i guess sims have less places to go so)

your way of playing is so simple I can't believe I've never thought of it before lmao. I've always just constantly tried finding new maps that have everything on it then give up after a few generations and look for another one because they get too laggy. -_-

I deleted all the lounges as I don't need them, kept 3 bars (watering, dive, sports) and one dance club (disco). Added one nerd shop and java hut. Deleted dog/cat park, replaced big park with seasons park.

So far so good.

I think I'm a happy simmer now and may even make it to 10 generations this way. Thanks for all your input and great advice you give on these forums :)

One last question, in SP money options
    daily fee per household: <- do you use this? Im trying to think of a roleplay reason to use it.
    Yes, I do use the daily fee feature but not the one that extends it to the actively played household. It's meant to compensate for inactive sims not needing to pay for routine things like food (unless they eat out all the time) that they need to survive and taxis for which active sims are charged by way of a mod. The default of §25 per sim per household each day is a bit high so in some worlds even when I want it to be expensive but not impossible for sims to live there I do usually reduce it a bit.

A small number of households I play in rotation do not have anyone in them with standard rabbithole jobs and in fact don't make much money at all when I'm not controlling them because they haven't quite evolved to the level where they might have real estate and business investments. I can't exempt them from the daily fees because that's a General setting and doesn't conform to the usual Town/ Caste/ Household/ Sim structure. So for those special cases I designate them as tax exempt by way of a manual caste so that they pay no property or income taxes while they are inactive and keep a close eye on their funds and Accounting Reports otherwise they would keep going broke on me in between cycles. In a couple of such cases where the household is very large and again no standard jobs among them, I make a few of the sims into Role Sims by way of Register while they are not actively played and make sure they are paid enough hourly to cover the daily fees and whatever else they may need to at least tread water for a while.

Thanks for the kind words and am glad to hear that I have at least somewhat inspired a different style of play for you (and perhaps others reading this) to try out. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    It's meant to compensate for inactive sims not needing to pay for routine things like food (unless they eat out all the time) that they need to survive and taxis for which active sims are charged by way of a mod
    Ah good point!

I'll set it at 10 for now see how that goes.