Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When will the game pack be announced?

So we know we’re getting sometime soon. When do you think they’ll announce it?

When will the game pack be announced? 219 votes

Beginning of August
19%
bandit5friendlysimmersIObelleluthienrisingcatloverplayerKaeChan2089matheus_mar_1999mordarlarbrookiepeoplesmmb_abrTomaTeriOnverserChadSims2ElectraRaibeautimousEnkiSchmidtgoldann25AineSnaveXsChambersN 43 votes
End of August
49%
auroraael14OneAdorkableGirlcatmom1987boyinflorida21rudy8292IceyJSimpatsyannjadevkAlrynnIsb917SimburianThomowickichickMariefoxprice83simgirl1010freindlylolDevSims91drake_mccartyloubyloulouCinebar 108 votes
Beginning of September
21%
crocobauraicmnfrshLeGardePourprealexspoom13IllandryaTonjeHAnmirlarobyngravesVageniusstilljustme2NaustexasangelPurpleThistlesdetermigRinsksmurf45blueJoybearrdoogeriekphillips2977snoepjes1210 48 votes
End of September
9%
NighteyesPlayerSinger2010mcruddAuroraBoreallisxdawnxalanmichael1aecollins21KhrisstynePlumbobCrossingtroshalompammiechickKimberlydburkepandie00PotterheadSimsinnyoncePeralWispyeM1ss_PlumbumCalico45Cavapoo_King 20 votes

Comments

• cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    End of August
    I voted end of august, but i think it will be announced towards the middle of the month.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    The fact that they released Nifty Knitting in late July as opposed to August could mean the GP is coming in August. A late August release with a mid-August announcement seems likely.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • CemirrorCemirror Posts: 61 Member
    Beginning of August
    I mean, there's no reason for them to be showing up with future cube hints if they're going to wait until the end of August to announce it. That would just be super weird. Although, it's already weird given there aren't really any new future cube hints except one that maybe suggests bunkbeds.

Sims' marketing strategies seriously make me think we need a long DTR.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    End of August
    Isn't it supposed to be this quarter? Could be wrong, but I thought the roadmap was for the rest of the quarter and we don't know what will be at the end of the year. My guess by guesses and looking at content release for the last couple of years is that we will have 5 packs this year like we have sadly had the last 2 years.

Winter Gp in a month and Farming EP in Nov/ Dec.

We almost/ maybe always have a Jan pack. Weddings? Happy haunts/ dangerous/grim/ghost/afterlife Go or Ep in March?

Not sure, but would love that lineup.
  • CemirrorCemirror Posts: 61 Member
    Beginning of August
    Game packs are usually announced four weeks before launch, right?
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    End of August
    Middle August
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Beginning of August
    Possibly next week or the following one since SimGuruGeorge is hinting it could mean soon.
    Beginning of August
    Cemirror wrote: »
    Game packs are usually announced four weeks before launch, right?

Normally 2 weeks.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Beginning of August
    Probably within the 1st or 2nd week of August.
    Beginning of August
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Probably within the 1st or 2nd week of August.

Which is Next Week. August 1st is Tomorrow. Oh how I hope we get an Announcement in Trailer Next Week.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Beginning of September
    I am guessing early-mid September GP announcement, with a late September release... or an early October release. I would bet on a Werewolf game pack, followed by a late November expansion (perhaps winter vacation themed, perhaps not, could be something completely unexpected). I think if we do see a farming pack, it will be either a February game pack or a June EP; I don't expect to see it this year.
    Beginning of August
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    I am guessing early-mid September GP announcement, with a late September release... or an early October release. I would bet on a Werewolf game pack, followed by a late November expansion (perhaps winter vacation themed, perhaps not, could be something completely unexpected). I think if we do see a farming pack, it will be either a February game pack or a June EP; I don't expect to see it this year.

September is the last month the GP can release accounts to the roadmap.
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    End of August
    I want to see a Music Game Pack please.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    End of September
    I picked the farthest away because I have a sneaking suspicion that they expect Knifty Knitting to hold us over a while. Perhaps they will surprise me and announce and release it soon, but I rather doubt it. What else will they do with 2020 if it comes out in August? Nothing else is on the roadmap, but even if they are giving us that 2nd expansion that would be four months to play around with. If they want to even out the gaps or take a large gap, it makes sense to release it later.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    I just noticed that both the EP and the SP were released 16 days early compared to last year.

Island Living - June 21, 2019
    Eco Lifestyle - June 5, 2020

Eco Lifestyle was released 16 days earlier than Island Living.

Moschino - August 13, 2019
    Nifty Knitting - July 28, 2020

Nifty Knitting was also released 16 days earlier than Moschino.

Realm of Magic - September 10, 2019
    GP09 - August 25, 2020?

If the trend holds the GP would be released on the 25th :D
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
    Beginning of August
    Calico45 wrote: »
    I picked the farthest away because I have a sneaking suspicion that they expect Knifty Knitting to hold us over a while. Perhaps they will surprise me and announce and release it soon, but I rather doubt it. What else will they do with 2020 if it comes out in August? Nothing else is on the roadmap, but even if they are giving us that 2nd expansion that would be four months to play around with. If they want to even out the gaps or take a large gap, it makes sense to release it later.

There will be a 2nd Expansion Pack in November and they might even surprise us with another Stuffpack in October. We'll see. I'm hoping.
    Beginning of August
    elelunicy wrote: »
    I just noticed that both the EP and the SP were released 16 days early compared to last year.

Island Living - June 21, 2019
    Eco Lifestyle - June 5, 2020

Eco Lifestyle was released 16 days earlier than Island Living.

Moschino - August 13, 2019
    Nifty Knitting - July 28, 2020

Nifty Knitting was also released 16 days earlier than Moschino.

Realm of Magic - September 10, 2019
    GP09 - August 25, 2020?

If the trend holds the GP would be released on the 25th :D

Sounds about right.
    Beginning of August
    I run a poll on Twitter for 2 days and most believe we will get a GP Announcement in August
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    End of September
    Calico45 wrote: »

There will be a 2nd Expansion Pack in November and they might even surprise us with another Stuffpack in October. We'll see. I'm hoping.

I hope you are right. It would be nice to see some more stuff since I was not that hyped for NK, even if I am enjoying it more than expected.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    End of August
    Really?!! I dont keep up so i thought this upcoming gp might be the last pack for the current year. Sounds like much more content is yet to come! Better start saving up then XD I guess an august announcement sounds about right.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    End of September
    Didn't we just get a (an admittedly stupid) pack? Why would they rush out another GP?
  • wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    End of August
    it would be pleasant news if I am mistaken but was the stuff pack game pack and expansion pack what was promised for the year of 2020? i am more interested in what theme the game pack might have ...but more content at a later day would be icing on the cake
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited August 2020
    Beginning of September
    Didn't we just get a (an admittedly stupid) pack? Why would they rush out another GP?

This reminds me of when they released Jungle Adventure and My First Pet Stuff within like 2 weeks of each other 😂
    Beginning of August

The end of September would be too late to announce as September is the last month The GP could release according to the roadmap. If they announced at the end of September the GP would release in October. That can't happen unless they delay it and I don't see them doing that.
    Beginning of August
    wickichick wrote: »
    it would be pleasant news if I am mistaken but was the stuff pack game pack and expansion pack what was promised for the year of 2020? i am more interested in what theme the game pack might have ...but more content at a later day would be icing on the cake

The GP is the last pack to release up to September according to the roadmap. The Expansion Pack wasn't announced but we know it will come in November.