Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LGR Nifty Knitting Review

Comments

• babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    So he’s not knitworthy then.
    It’s alright, I get why he’s frustrated.
  • gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    >.> I watched and read about this pack. My husband told me I could have it, but after seeing and watching and reading reviews... I bought another full game for 5 dollars more. I want to thank all Simmers for their views it helped a lot. Thanks LGR, you have been my favorite Youtube reviewer for Sims.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited July 2020
    Sindocat wrote: »
    I couldn't finish this. His tone is snotty and condescending from the get-go, and I am disinclined to fight through his lousy attitude to sift out any actually useful information.

Is he always like this? Must be a lot of fun at parties.
    With TS3 not really. Great example being Seasons expansion pack.
    I couldn't finish this. His tone is snotty and condescending from the get-go, and I am disinclined to fight through his lousy attitude to sift out any actually useful information.

Dude chill....No need to be a 🌺🌺🌺🌺. LGR is respected in the community, his opinion matters to a lot of people. He's tired like many others...he probably doesn't wanna do these reviews, but when you have MANY people who COUNT on you to do reviews you gotta do what you gotta do! He's real plain a simple and dishes it like it is and is not afraid to speak his mind...

Just don't watch him if you aren't a fan that simple bud.

You don't have to take it personally just because somebody doesn't like the youtuber that we do.

I understand he could dislike LGR but some of his comments were a bit rude. Esp. the "bet he's fun at parties." Not necessary.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Oh thank goodness. Now I know what I am supposed to think about the knitting pack.
    I don't have to watch LGR's reviews because I already know exactly what and how he's going to say it. He doesn't surprise me. I also couldn't care less about his opinion, or any other Sims reviewers out there.

Having said that, I certainly do enjoy watching his videos. There's humor in it, the characters he uses and the actions they perform are hilarious. I can get a good laugh out of LGR's show without feeling in anyway influenced by his judgement. All good with me.
    LGR is respected in the community, his opinion matters to a lot of people. He's tired like many others...he probably doesn't wanna do these reviews, but when you have MANY people who COUNT on you to do reviews you gotta do what you gotta do!

Oh dear. If the 'job' is that tough, he should no longer be doing it. Just to please other people is NOT OK.
    But I can almost guarantee you that he enjoys doing the reviews, even in that sarcastic and tired tone. It's all part of his style. It's all part of the show. I know a thing or two about acting and performing and he's real good at it. That's why he's on YT. ;)

I also hope that he can be honest enough with himself and call it quits whenever he feels doing the TS4 game reviews are actually no longer worth his time. But I believe he's perfectly happy investing in the latest TS4 packs, just to keep that show going. Because it's going well and he knows it.

Well then that's good, I just don't want him to do it if it hurting his wellbeing..I was just concerned. But I heard he never plays the game and only boots it up every time something comes out...
    I meant nothing bad. I love him, I love his no bull crap reviews etc. He's honest and down to earth and I adore him for it.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Well then that's good, I just don't want him to do it if it hurting his wellbeing..I was just concerned. But I heard he never plays the game and only boots it up every time something comes out...
    I meant nothing bad. I love him, I love his no bull 🌺🌺🌺🌺 reviews etc. He's honest and down to earth and I adore him for it.

I think he does play sometimes. When EL came out he did some LGR Plays stuff with the Sims 4. I am not saying he plays a lot or even outside his numerous channels, but that was more than for a review.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member

Don't worry about him. He's fine. Judging by his sense of humor, he'd be rubbing his hands in excitement and anticipation whenever a new TS4 pack comes out, hoping it will be more mundane and meaningless than the previous pack, just so he can write a comedy review script for it, record it and smash the entire thing into the ground. He's loving it and he never has to play it again.

I understand he was quite passionate about TS3 and disappointed with the direction TS4 has taken, but at this stage he's using the latter to his advantage. And so he should if that's his thing. ;)

• SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    The thing is he never really says anything invalid. No matter what his opinion is he never says anything he can't support with an argument and I think that's great.
    And if he is ever pleasantly surprised with something he will say it.
    In general I think he is watching the ridiculousness of the Sims 4 from afar like many other gamers do. For us who are into the game and somewhat invested it is difficult to see things from an outsiders perspective and I think this is what LGR is trying to do. To look at the game not as a Simmer but as a gamer/consumer.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited August 2020
    LGR is really the only reviewer whose opinion I think highly of because he's actually critical of the game. And this is despite I disagree with him about supernatural elements (he hates "Supernatural" from TS3, whereas it's my most favorite pack because I utterly love mythical/fantasy creatures).

I didn't even remember Nifty Knitting until his review popped into my YouTube feed. Even without his criticism, the pack did not seem appealing or engaging. The only blander pack is Laundry Day.
    Post edited by KayeStar on
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I don't actually watch the reviews for the review, I usually watch them because I think they're funny :D

I'm seriously looking forward to buying Nifty Knitting, it looks like it'll fit my playstyle perfectly (which is saying a lot, since I was one of the people who put Arts & Crafts at the bottom, with Knitting at the bottom of that in an attempt to get Happy Haunts).
    funny-gifs20.gif

• DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited August 2020

Dude chill....No need to be a 🌺🌺🌺🌺. LGR is respected in the community, his opinion matters to a lot of people. He's tired like many others...he probably doesn't wanna do these reviews, but when you have MANY people who COUNT on you to do reviews you gotta do what you gotta do! He's real plain a simple and dishes it like it is and is not afraid to speak his mind...

You don't have to take it personally just because somebody doesn't like the youtuber that we do.

I understand he could dislike LGR but some of his comments were a bit rude. Esp. the "bet he's fun at parties." Not necessary.

That's not the remark you should get emotional over about. It's okay for someone to dislike another or find the person one way in their perception. Same goes if you one person to be boring, for the other they might find the quiet one to be quite a party animal for whatever reason. Disagree them politely but dont cuss out.

As for the comment: Not being ironic, but he is fun. He has great sense of humor. Dry/pan and greait satire. He wouldn't receive such large Simmer following on youtube if he was just a grumpy man that doesn't bring a one liner. Honestly, much pleasure to hear than those game changers that gush over the slightest thing they find adorable or cute over about.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited August 2020
    I love LGR's reviews. He's funny. But i don't always agree with him. And this is one of this times...

I think NK has more in it than most of the other stuff packs. A skill, an aspiration, a new way of selling crafts, a new radio station with new animations, bb and a lot of cas (even most being connected to the skill).

It looks like LGR doesn't like sims 4 and he sounds tired. But it was actually the first time that i think he wasn't fair. Is knitting niche? Well most of the skills are. Does looking at your sim knitting is boring? Well looking at him cooking or fishing or dj'ing or programing is also boring. It is if you concentrate in the skill and you don't integrate it into a story...

Also like someone said before sims 4 doesn't have a store like 3 had. So, it's normal to have 17 stuff packs by now. Premium objects in the store were also niche, expensive and there were tons of it...

And this is coming from someone that didn't vote in knitting. I'ld prefer happy haunts everyday.
  • wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    when it comes to the sims there has always been this love them and hate them mentality. Some that will defend to the death the wonders of EA, Some who will be genuine and sincere in how they feel, and some who hate to hate. The haters generally become the most entertaining to read because they by pass the fact that they knew in advance what they were buying, or they just didn't research at all. The haters will climb on board any hate train going nowhere and complain about what comes up along the way. It is funny to me that at one time, the haters used to upset me because the negativity was often unfounded. Lots of years have come and gone since i first began playing back in 2001. It is something that along the way I have learned a value for. If you ever wanted to know how you could do better, what you are doing wrong, or how well your information is being received and understood, then listen to the haters. Sometimes you can learn something otherwise it does have entertainment value up to a point. I absolutely do not consider lazy gamer reviews to be hateful ....i believe this person says it just the way he relates to the particular product he is reviewing. He does wrap his reviews in a generous amount of entertainment with humor being the main stay. I don't need to always agree but i do like being entertained.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,774 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Oh thank goodness. Now I know what I am supposed to think about the knitting pack.

And for a while I was worried you aren't going to say that, as you missed the one before this pack :D:p
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Besides, just because LGR feels a certain way about the game doesnt mean you have to agree! These reviews are not the 10 Commandments. Theyre just popular reviewers and fans like to share them and post him here. People do the same with Carl, Plumbella, or any other game changers or reviewers. Feel free to post your own reviews!
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

That's not the remark you should get emotional over about. It's okay for someone to dislike another or find the person one way in their perception. Same goes if you one person to be boring, for the other they might find the quiet one to be quite a party animal for whatever reason. Disagree them politely but dont cuss out.

As for the comment: Not being ironic, but he is fun. He has great sense of humor. Dry/pan and greait satire. He wouldn't receive such large Simmer following on youtube if he was just a grumpy man that doesn't bring a one liner. Honestly, much pleasure to hear than those game changers that gush over the slightest thing they find adorable or cute over about.

I didn't cuss them out though? xD
    Some ppl act as if LGR was a bitter old man yelling at clouds for the sake of yelling. He cares about the franchise!! A bunch! He has SOOO many videos about the sims and plenty of other vintage games and computer tech. His 'Sims 4, 2years of Meh' video really hits home. This was made years ago and the fact that its STILL true is so sad.

https://youtu.be/iqaprLT7zic

His videos are funny, to the point, and informative enough for me. I like his and Carls.

How LGR feels about TS4 is EXACTLY what a LOT of us feel! Its not him alone! Fustrated, dissapointed, and apathetic about the state of the Sims and its future.

Its not that we are boring, bitter, cynical or any of that. We love the games and the legacy of the Sims. We love building, creating, sharing, and talking about our favorite games. We just know it can be a lot better and EA's efforts to cashgrab is becoming more and more obvious. Sims 4 had some great features and we can agree to that. But overall? Especially with the overpriced packs/ep with a quarter of the content the previous titles used to bring? Not to mention the lack of core content, consequences, customization, humor, depth, challenge...

5daa028e975912ded9361960_jTrjozQUjqSiW2Ck0CWxrJtFQTNUqCWD9Hw3QwjTw4gO3dLgVazpfHUv7C5U58Kt5oJa6hDTULOmWqYibaVucbInBhbdOuf6-qTSbLEqWmjNCKrmsX1Iw5xRnVzUxXAEUvkR1I3M.gif

We're tired of it

CAN I like this 1000x times?
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member

And for a while I was worried you aren't going to say that, as you missed the one before this pack :D:p

I think it's weird that you're keeping tallies of my posts.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,774 Member

I think it's weird that you're keeping tallies of my posts.

I meant it as a joke. And no, I do not.

You usually say that same sentence at every time, so that is why I said what I said.

I am sorry if I offended at anyhow, I'll see myself out.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • NausNaus Posts: 405 Member
    I believe a lot of us are really tired of this never-ending cycle of disappointing packs. It's practically impossible to get excited about anything anymore after so many lackluster releases. I was expecting this pack to at least feature more unique animations, but there are literally 2 animations for knitting and 2 for using the rocking chair. I honestly think they didn't put any effort into making it, or the budget has gotten even smaller now. The only time TS4 surprises me is when a pack DOESN'T suck.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    This is what I feared. I wanted knitting. I voted for it and was happy when it won. But the execution does not look the best. As a community stuff pack I feel there was very little actual community involvement. It felt more like we were just picking from the ideas that the devs wanted for a knitting pack and the result is subpar, imo. Had we had more involvement, who knows maybe this pack could have turned out different. At this point, it does not seem worth a buy.
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    Lgr is the best & most honest one out of every other sim influencers. They’re nothing but a joke & will hype any pack just to get on EA good side.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    I love LGR's reviews. He's funny. But i don't always agree with him. And this is one of this times...

I think NK has more in it than most of the other stuff packs. A skill, an aspiration, a new way of selling crafts, a new radio station with new animations, bb and a lot of cas (even most being connected to the skill).

It looks like LGR doesn't like sims 4 and he sounds tired. But it was actually the first time that i think he wasn't fair. Is knitting niche? Well most of the skills are. Does looking at your sim knitting is boring? Well looking at him cooking or fishing or dj'ing or programing is also boring. It is if you concentrate in the skill and you don't integrate it into a story...

Also like someone said before sims 4 doesn't have a store like 3 had. So, it's normal to have 17 stuff packs by now. Premium objects in the store were also niche, expensive and there were tons of it...

And this is coming from someone that didn't vote in knitting. I'ld prefer happy haunts everyday.

@telmarina this is exactly what I meant with seeing things from an outsiders perspective.

This is a DLC about knitting. It is simply about this one skill and it had like 3 animations in it. Imagine if DJing or fishing all had there own DLC...
    Also it's not about quantity, it's the quality. The aspiration is again just a walkthrough for the pack and not an actual aspiration.
    But these are just the standards we have as a community. We do buy DLCs dedicated just to a single skill with 3 animations and we even defend them. Those are the standards of a Simmer. If you look at any other game community you will see they all laugh at our low standards and our commitment to buying a pack fully dedicated to knitting. Other gamers don't put up with this stuff, just Simmers, and I think this is LGR's point.

Another sign of this is saying that 17 stuff packs are "normal". It doesn't matter if they are just on the store or normal packs 17 is just too many. But Simmers are they only people who will defend a game with 17 stuff packs. An outsider wouldn't and LGR wouldn't.
    But these are the times we live in. Defending EA for delivering a stuff pack with 3 animations a skill and 2466 recolours of the same item.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?