Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Routing Issues

IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
edited July 2020 in The Sims 3 Game Tools
I'm playing a test game in my current CAW project, so I can find any routing issues that need fixing. I have Overwatch set to do the stuck sim checks without resetting the sims, so I can find the places where they get stuck. I've already modified two lots that caused problems, but I have a couple I found today that I don't know what to do with. I'm hoping some of you more experienced world builders can help me.

This is the first one. It's inside the Rodeo-Go-Go building, which I placed in the world without modifying it. The sim could not leave that spot. Is there something I should move in there to prevent that from happening again?

eEMnnc6.jpg

This one isn't a real good picture, because it was raining and near dark. Two sims have gotten stuck here, somewhere underneath the terrain. This is an unroutable area, and just to the right of it is camera unroutable, so they shouldn't have been able to even get there. But both of them were NPC's, so it's possible they spawned nearby, but how they got there, I have no idea.

qzY3uLp.jpg

Comments

• IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I have had several more role or service sims getting stuck underground in that same space since I posted the picture. I'm not getting many other stuck sims messages, for which I am grateful, but this is a big one, and I'd like to fix it.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Hi :)

I don't know why Sims are going underground on your map. The game does spawn NPCs in strange places. You did make sure there are no holes in your routing paint there for them to spawn?

Is that the Propriator? They like to do that all the time. The mod will always say they're stuck even if they're not.
    I don't remember having problems with the lot. Maybe move the floor to where she can't get behind it. :(
    @Rflong7 I will check the routing paint in that area again and make sure it's solid. I get at least one NPC stuck there every sim day, but so far, never the same one twice.

The woman in the other situation is a resident. And she really can't move, because I used NRaas Master Controller to send her home, and she just stood there fussing over not being able to go. Later, I found another sim stuck between barstools at the dive bar, who couldn't move from there. He should have been able to, but there was a sim playing an instrument near him, and he may have been blocking the other sim's route, even though he wasn't right in front of him.

Mostly it's just that one problem spot giving most of the stuck sims messages.

Thank you for your help.
    I'm making my world from Sunset Valley. In the problem area, that stretch of road is surrounded by unroutable paint, but the road is routable and the paint doesn't come all the way up to the road. I painted under the road and exported again. So far I've played 5 sim days with only one stuck sim. That was a role sim, and the spot Overwatch took me to was the cliff below that same area of road. But when I zoomed out I saw that sim and a tourist way over at the edge of the screen, where it is camera unroutable. Now I wonder if I'd zoomed out before, would I have seen the sims over in that area too?
    I got two more stuck role sims, one right after the other. OW took me to the same spot again. This time, I backed off and did my best to see into the camera unroutable space, and this is what I found.

HUOa4f4.jpg

The sims unroutable paint on that road now starts at to the right of that last building. The camera unroutable paint starts in the middle of that first curve where there is no rock paint between the road and the mountain. That's where OW always takes me when they're stuck out there. But there's a lot of actual map past that point, before it gets to the distant terrain. I'll check the terrain paint out there, but if I can't find a place that's missing it, I'm going to erase all the unroutable paint on that road, and any surrounding terrain that isn't too steep for sims to walk on. Hopefully, that will take care of the problem.