Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

And I going crazy or did we always have this less of floor options?

for some odd reason a house I downloaded from the gallery my sim was getting a low environment so I changed the carpet and wallpaper **I know odd choice the one I did**...and......since when did we have such a small selection of carpet??? Was it always like this **I am not a builder I hardly use it**

RFo5b3U.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Yeah unfortunately we’ve never had a lot of carpet choices in game.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    Yeah unfortunately we’ve never had a lot of carpet choices in game.

wwooooow :(....
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited July 2020
    I would hope for the years this game has been out we would have more carpet choices. Especially for my bedrooms. I never like to use wood or tile. Inrl your feet get cold lol
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Yeah, the lack of carpets is sad. I downloaded a few CC swatches for the purpose.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Justin wrote: »
    I would hope for the years this game has been out we would have more carpet choices. Especially for my bedrooms. I never like to use wood or tile. Inrl your feet get cold lol

These days wood is really popular for houses in RL, because carpets are hard to keep clean plus they can house allergens that make people sick. You could always put a throw rug down to protect the toes. :) And yes, there aren't many carpet styles but there are a decent number of color swatches.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    BG before patches gave use just two choices. I've had CC carpet installed for a long time.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    BG before patches gave use just two choices. I've had CC carpet installed for a long time.

two?! wow :(
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    edited August 2020
    yeah there is quite few carpets
    they are not very common in houses here and im not big fan due to clean freak tendencies so :sweat_smile:
    I just never feel the need that much

but i suppose they could have given one more clean/textureless basic looking one for like modern look with lots of colors

and id also love to have tatami ones cause lowkey need
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »

two?! wow :(

Yes, TWO! :tongue:

I found it odd also. But with the tons of rugs, that makes up for it, I suppose. You can resize the rugs using *shift* " [ " smaller " ] " larger, to fit an area.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Spline
    Post edited by Admiral8Q on
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Carpets are severely lacking in the game. A plain white/cream coloured one would be great. I really don't know why it's not there, it's so basic.
  • Options
    Carpets are severely lacking in the game. A plain white/cream coloured one would be great. I really don't know why it's not there, it's so basic.

Like this? :)
    7QxdNOS.png

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Admiral8Q wrote: »

7QxdNOS.png

No, it's very close but not quite what I wanted... at least on my computer it looks more beige to me.. which is nice too though. Maybe cream was the wrong word but I was thinking whiter.. more milk/whipped cream/ice cream kinda white. But without any weird textures. The texture you are using is what I want, just not the colour. That being said, I havent checked out any swatches since I got tiny living/eco lifestyle/knitting for carpets yet, so if there are some new ones let me know haha!
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Wow, I’ve never really paid attention to the carpets either. I do build often, but hate carpet so I don’t really look at them I guess. My first home was all carpet (other than bathroom/kitchen), and it really didn’t mix well with having cats. My current home is all hardwood/tile, and after pets and kids I would never go back lol. I do love a good throw rug though, both in Sims and RL.
  • Options

7QxdNOS.png

No, it's very close but not quite what I wanted... at least on my computer it looks more beige to me.. which is nice too though. Maybe cream was the wrong word but I was thinking whiter.. more milk/whipped cream/ice cream kinda white. But without any weird textures. The texture you are using is what I want, just not the colour. That being said, I havent checked out any swatches since I got tiny living/eco lifestyle/knitting for carpets yet, so if there are some new ones let me know haha!

This is probably the most plain white you can get without CC. I could probably make a pure white one with the texture from my previous screenshot, the "Plush Comfort Carpeting" texture.
    KbQHuk3.png

Keep in mind, lighting and other things around project and reflect colours and shades. ;)
    (I've been playing around making CC paintings and posters, tricky sometimes to make it look good in-game, though a tile of floor should be really easy)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options

7QxdNOS.png

This is probably the most plain white you can get without CC. I could probably make a pure white one with the texture from my previous screenshot, the "Plush Comfort Carpeting" texture.
    KbQHuk3.png

Keep in mind, lighting and other things around project and reflect colours and shades. ;)
    (I've been playing around making CC paintings and posters, tricky sometimes to make it look good in-game, though a tile of floor should be really easy)

ty! It does look good, and it'll have to do. I don't use CC at all so I do wish they'd release a whiter one, but yeah, it's closer... I think I wish it was "plush" and not "Barely Concrete" for my poor sims feet but it doesn't really make a difference hahaha!!!! THe colour really is close even if it's not what I was looking for and I really appreciate you going through and finding some for me that are at very least similar ) I'm probably just being too picky, lol, I was trying to recreate some rooms with a minimalist style I saw pictures of for one of my sims, but yeah... the colour I wanted just wasn't there. I think I'd be less picky about that if it wasn't "white" which seems so basic, llike if I was looking for a bright pink carpet with roses I wouldn't expect it haha! But what you've shown will still look good even if it's not the same, so thank-you!