Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sim Will Not Stop Knitting

My Sim barely has any money and will not stop starting projects. She will stop whatever she's doing (eating, taking a bath ect) and start a new project. Also, I cannot stop her before I hear the kaching sound. It's instant on her way to a chair to knit. It's wasting money and really annoying.

Comments

• Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    You should just be able to take it out of her inventory and she’ll stop. That’s what I’ve been doing to stop the constant knitting.
  • qpmommaqpmomma Posts: 135 Member
    edited July 2020
    OMG I'm an idiot lol. I forgot it was the knitting bag 😂 Thank you!
  • wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    it is nice that it is being reported but the simple fix of dragging the knitting box or basket from your sim's inventory completely fixes the issue and when you want to knit again you just click on it and choose put in inventory....i keep mine by my rocking chair.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    i wish I had thought of this, every family membe has one, lol and they just sit and knit, but i also notice even though they dont chat their social doesn't go down. I'll sell all but one and ust leave it out. pity we cant leave it out and choose knit for all members we want to knit.
  • AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    My sim just stopped her wedding vows to go knit. It counted as being married, but it didn't actually join households so I had to do that manually. I hit the 'Me Too' but it's definitely not from eating Pho as the original poster of that thread said because my sim never ate that.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited July 2020
    My sim used to leave her food mid eating even if it was in yellow to go and knit. I sold her rocking chair and now she no longer leaves an action to knit. She only knits if there is no actions for her from me. So I think the rocking chairs might be worsening the bug.

Edit to add: now she gets lots of water to drink from the sink again 🤔
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I have been playing with knitting for a few days now and I have not really had this problem. One Sim I keep stacked with knitting projects, the other I have trapped in a bedroom with a knitting bag (not my first choice, but my locked doors are malfunctioning so a door cannot allow just two people through it and she was the sister that drew the short straw). Neither seem to be knitting excessively. In fact, the one I loaded down will wander off if I leave him for too long and the other has next to nothing else to do and cycles through all her available activities. So, yeah, not sure what the catalyst of this one is.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I have two sims locked in a basement for, reasons, who are none stop knitting when not attending to needs. Keeps them busy seeing as I'm not inclined to give them anything else to do.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I dont think it is a bug. When you put the kintting bag in their inventory they are prompted to use it but they dont do that if you take it out. I like the way it works but my only issue is that i which i can pick the project myself for sims who started knitting by themselves, like maybe a list would pop up. I would not call it a bug unless your sims keep knitting even after you put their knitting bags away?
  • qpmommaqpmomma Posts: 135 Member
    To be clear: I don't mind the spontaneous knitting, but they are not working on current projects but starting a new one every few seconds.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    qpmomma wrote: »
    To be clear: I don't mind the spontaneous knitting, but they are not working on current projects but starting a new one every few seconds.
    I’m feeling called out right now as a knitter.
    😆
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

Right, and also they should not drop whatever they're doing just to go knit.
  • AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    I’m feeling called out right now as a knitter.
    😆

I crochet and when I mentioned the constant knitting and it costing $20 dollars my family pointed out that I often buy new yarn for new projects without ending previous ones.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    That happened to me. I figured it out. Just go into your sim's personal inventory & get rid of their knitting thing, then they won't knit.