Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Event Calendar - Holiday Collection

On the Eve of each big holiday event, I receive a pop-up advising me about the event and offering to direct me to a special collection of furniture for the event.

The collection includes all relevant items to decorate the home and activities for Sims to complete during the event but because it's usually the afternoon before, I decline.

In the morning of the event day, I navigate through to build mode anticipating the same collection page. However, right down the bottom of the "items by function" list...transportation.

Where is the holiday collection?

Comments

• Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    Does the question make sense, or does nobody know? 😂
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I was looking for it recently too and didn’t see it.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Just get the attic box then click put decorations. Cook a Grand Meal if required and do the rest of the stuff. Happy Holidays.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    I usually filter the BB catalogue on the seasons pack to find the right decorations. Depending on the holiday, you can also filter other packs, and don't forget the free holiday pack!
    As for activities, its often stuff my sims already have anyway and there's nothing preventing you from diving into build mode later in case you forgot.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
    edited July 2020
    Just get the attic box then click put decorations. Cook a Grand Meal if required and do the rest of the stuff. Happy Holidays.

Oh, I didn't mean those decorations... 😂
    MDianaSims wrote: »
    I usually filter the BB catalogue on the seasons pack to find the right decorations. Depending on the holiday, you can also filter other packs, and don't forget the free holiday pack!
    As for activities, its often stuff my sims already have anyway and there's nothing preventing you from diving into build mode later in case you forgot.

I have also used the filter. It's quite helpful.

However, I specifically meant the holiday collection that is beneath the transportation collection when filtering furniture by use.
  • ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    I added Midsummer. It’s the summer solstice we celebrate in the nordics. For activities I have, water activities, drinking, streaking and fire.
    ImSands wrote: »
    I added Midsummer. It’s the summer solstice we celebrate in the nordics. For activities I have, water activities, drinking, streaking and fire.

Did you mean to add this comment on the other topic about events added? 😂
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,490 Member

Way cool. I was wondering what I could use in my 18th century ancestral game save since they haven't yet achieved our Liberty, so no fireworks displays quite yet. Midsummer. I just learned from our family Historian that my sixth great-grandfather's mother was of Scandinavian descent. Hm. I'll have to delve into that further. Thanks for the idea!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member

I'm in the UK and sometimes add Midsummer too. Being somewhat pagan-curious I've always been intrigued by the people who go to Stonehenge for the solstice, but have never done it myself, so sometimes I like to include things that are somewhat related.

Most of the time my summer holiday is for swimming and drinking, maybe barbecuing. And then of course it tends to rain :(
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
    @EA_Rtas Please can the topic be closed? Nobody knows the answer and the recent responses duplicate the other events topic.

Thanks.
  • lthshilthshi Posts: 5 New Member
    I've had the same problem. I think it just disappears which sucks. My sim is usually busy when the notification pops up and I can't be bothered to decorate the house :(
    lthshi wrote: »
    I've had the same problem. I think it just disappears which sucks. My sim is usually busy when the notification pops up and I can't be bothered to decorate the house :(

It seems to be a temporary collection. Similar to the business collections that are available when you're building or making changes to specific community lots.

Shame.