Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else kind of glad Happy Haunts didn't win?

From seeing what the Nifty Knitting has to offer, (which don't get me wrong if it is something you like, don't let me turn you) it really is small and nothing much to it, but it's very nice to have babies clothes (only reason I bought it, along with the plushies)...I am kinda glad HH didn't win, I truly believe Happy Haunts could have been AMAZING as a GP. There is so much to explore with that....

Anyway just my thoughts.

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    We might never get happy haunts.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    We might never get happy haunts.

Oh I know (I am still wanting for the dangerous SP). I am just saying I am glad it didn't, and have *HOPES* that maybe one day it would be a GP.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    I agree on Happy Haunts being better as
    a Game Pack. But now we might not get ANY occult this year, and I hate the idea that we have to wait ANOTHER two years for (likely subpar) occult content.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    From seeing what the Nifty Knitting has to offer, (which don't get me wrong if it is something you like, don't let me turn you) it really is small and nothing much to it, but it's very nice to have babies clothes (only reason I bought it, along with the plushies)...I am kinda glad HH didn't win, I truly believe Happy Haunts could have been AMAZING as a GP. There is so much to explore with that....

Anyway just my thoughts.

Agreed... I was bitter at first, but now I'm actually thankful there's still a chance (probably a very small one, but still a chance) that Happy Haunts could be a future game pack (or even expansion pack).

Personally, I think they should've just taken everything the survey had and create one big game/expansion pack that includes all of it, but then I have to remember this is EA we're talking about... lol Cash grabbing is literally their specialty, so the chances of seeing that happen are near impossible... I'll actually be very shocked if we end up getting a hobbies game/expansion pack that includes more than one central theme.

Either way, I'm hopeful 'Happy Haunts' does end up becoming a game pack in the future... if it does, I hope it ends up including ALL content and features (plus more) it listed in the survey, so everyone can be happy! :smile: (I personally wanted the tarot cards and spirit board).
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Very, but I didn't vote for Happy Haunts in the first place. I've always been happy with the knitting choice
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I wanted the arts and crafts theme and I wanted knitting because it was the closest thing we were likely to get to the sewing machine from Sims 2. I am not a sewer or a knitter but I loved that machine, especially the customisable outfits at the higher levels.

There were aspects of the Happy Haunts theme I really liked but I absolutely believe it will be better as a Game Pack if we get it. I hope we do, because I'd buy it.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    What was Happy Haunts supposed to include?
    Cassieb95 wrote: »
    What was Happy Haunts supposed to include?

Grim Reaper career, spirit boards etc.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    edited July 2020
    The thing is, it wouldn't have been a Happy Haunts Stuff Pack with three different careers, spirit boards and options for Ghosts. It would have been a Grim Reaper Career Stuff Pack. That's it. Which I know a lot of people wanted - but I didn't want just that (actually, I wasn't interested in the Grim Reaper career at all, but I don't enjoy killing my sims.) so I'm happy that Grim Reaper Stuff Pack didn't win, and I'm hopeful that sometime soon-ish -maybe next autumn - we'll get a proper Happy Haunts Game Pack all about Ghosts and including the Grim Reaper Career.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I am still not happy. While I too think that we need Occult themed 'realism' such as a Reaper or tarot reading career etc, in a larger pack than a stuff pack, it not winning a vote isn't a guarantee that the team will then make it into a bigger pack. The only way that really makes sense as a logical argument to not vote for it, is if you were able to give a reason when you voted. Which I don't think we were were.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member
    edited July 2020
    I'm very happy because

1. I looove knitting , even irl and even though I'm mostly occult player
    I just find it awesome to have hobby for my sims that I actually can imagine myself doing
    (feeling I hardly ever have with sims cause things tend to be way too extra)

2. I would be seriously annoyed if they tried to fit HH in stuff pack
    instead of giving me full gp with all things mentioned and more
    I could have never, let me repeat NEVER settled for just one of those options in stuff pack
    I would have just been sobbing about other options until i be crying blood

and not getting any of them gives me hope they might still make gp that has all of that in one pack
    with lots of cool b/b and cas that honestly would have never been voted by the ''basic ikea'' community
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    Yeah, I'll say it's a bit of a relief that HH didn't win because it would have killed me to see it get constantly watered down as people voted, when there were five good concepts.

But that will last only as long as we actually do get at least some of those concepts in a good Occult game pack. Or, hey, if they want to combine it with the Dangerous Stuff concept, maybe we could get an awesome EP with working cemeteries and funerals and proper mourning and eulogies and new deaths with a more detailed system and Sim Fears.

But I also don't want to get my hopes up in case it doesn't happen.
    #Team Occult
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I hope they put it in a gamepack with Werewolves & Physics. It would be so fun.

• AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I enjoy the knitting but I voted for happy haunts. Read the description on the Lil' Grim toy. They rubbed it in really well. I am not bitter.

"Happy haunting, Lil' Grim. Better luck next time."

Some players think it's a hint for the game pack that's coming up. Nothing wrong with eloping to a haunted winter lodge in the alps, with bunk beds and Ouija boards in a world where everyone can work as the Grim reaper and name cow plants. lol I just put everything together from the speculations past and present.
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    I enjoy the knitting but I voted for happy haunts. Read the description on the Lil' Grim toy. They rubbed it in really well. I am not bitter.

Some players think it's a hint for the game pack that's coming up. Nothing wrong with eloping to a haunted winter lodge in the alps, with bunk beds and Ouija boards in a world where everyone can work as the Grim reaper and name cow plants. lol I just put everything together from the speculations past and present.

....I am not a fan of their taunting tbh.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    I don't have a twitter account but somehow I can still take screenshots.
    Below is a compilation of tweets from November 27, 2019, just after the winning vote (Arts & Crafts) was announced. I have one specific tweet highlighted in yellow.
    I voted for Happy Haunts. I'm hoping all the features will eventually end up in one big future pack, but there's a great chance it will all be spread out like Laundry Day, Tiny Living and Eco Lifestyle. But who knows.
    CVSP-NOV19.jpg

If that's the description of the plushy, 'Better Luck Next Time' means we'll see Grim game play next time or some time in the future. It would be cruel of the devs to put that in and not release something Reaper-wise.

Another Tweet from SGNinja below. Perhaps he's trying to distract us with Turtle and Octupus Head, but the description of the tweet says "Not Today Grim". So I almost expect something 'Tomorrow'. But hey.
    SGN-JULY20.png

I will now retreat into my newspaper clippings on the wall-Conspiracy Room.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I wanted the arts and crafts theme and I wanted knitting because it was the closest thing we were likely to get to the sewing machine from Sims 2. I am not a sewer or a knitter but I loved that machine, especially the customisable outfits at the higher levels.

There were aspects of the Happy Haunts theme I really liked but I absolutely believe it will be better as a Game Pack if we get it. I hope we do, because I'd buy it.

I loved the sewing machine and customizable clothing. I used to make Lilith pleasant make her own dress to the prom. Oh the fun I had.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Yeah, I'll say it's a bit of a relief that HH didn't win because it would have killed me to see it get constantly watered down as people voted, when there were five good concepts.

But that will last only as long as we actually do get at least some of those concepts in a good Occult game pack. Or, hey, if they want to combine it with the Dangerous Stuff concept, maybe we could get an awesome EP with working cemeteries and funerals and proper mourning and eulogies and new deaths with a more detailed system and Sim Fears.

But I also don't want to get my hopes up in case it doesn't happen.

Hmm... do you think that there could be a whole scary expansion? I always figured that game pack was as big as it could get.

Keeping my fingers crossed. Dangerous Stuff and Happy Haunts would be great additions to the game for me.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 Yes that is the description on the toy. They did put that in. It is cruel but they could redeem themselves and give us something later like you said. Who knows!
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I don't have a twitter account but somehow I can still take screenshots.
    Below is a compilation of tweets from November 27, 2019, just after the winning vote (Arts & Crafts) was announced. I have one specific tweet highlighted in yellow.
    I voted for Happy Haunts. I'm hoping all the features will eventually end up in one big future pack, but there's a great chance it will all be spread out like Laundry Day, Tiny Living and Eco Lifestyle. But who knows.
    CVSP-NOV19.jpg

If that's the description of the plushy, 'Better Luck Next Time' means we'll see Grim game play next time or some time in the future. It would be cruel of the devs to put that in and not release something Reaper-wise.

Another Tweet from SGNinja below. Perhaps he's trying to distract us with Turtle and Octupus Head, but the description of the tweet says "Not Today Grim". So I almost expect something 'Tomorrow'. But hey.
    SGN-JULY20.png

I will now retreat into my newspaper clippings on the wall-Conspiracy Room.

There's something there... my hopes are up! 😀 i just wish it'ld be sooner than later.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited August 2020
    I thank the Watcher every day. I’m hoping that if they do a pack like this they make a Netherworld neighbourhood (similar to Get to Work/Get Famous career secret lots)
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    Yes, because I voted for knitting. Obviously a lot of people did, so ... I think most of us are happy with this.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Sim_ArchitectsSim_Architects Posts: 302 Member
    Nifty Knitting is a fantastic addition to my game and im happy. Thats all i can really speak about it.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Yes, only because I dont like astrological stuff.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited August 2020

I'm surprised that they are adding hints like that, I would not be so sure that they can always make what the community wants. But they sure like to put in hints making us believe that they can do it.