Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim's Social is stuck

I have a Sim who's social need is stuck at halfway. Never goes up or down. Is there a way to reset her without changing anything else or gorking my game?

Comments

• BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    Hey @Rhiannon58 ...
    Do you have Master Controller or know how to use Console Commands?

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    I do have Master Controller but I am not sure which settings to use and what they will do.
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited July 2020
    Cool ... B)

Master Controller Clicks:
    Your Sim - NRAAS - Master Controller - Advanced - Reset Sim

That may work, it will Reset your Sim in any case, and won't gork your game.

Also ... You could try a test with Command Console.

WARNING ... It won't gork your game, but it is a cheat.
    If you don't want to know how to cheat, tear up your notes, and forget everything you did afterwards ... :D

Save Game - Pause Game
    Press and Hold [Shift] and [Crtl] then [C] keys ... This will open the Console Window at the top of your screen.

Click in the window and type: testingcheatsenabled on
    Press the [Enter] key ... And if you typed it correctly the window will disappear.

Go to your Sim's Needs Tab.
    Un-pause your game and start it at the lowest speed.
    Click your cursor on the green in the Social bar and drag it to the full end.

This should actually drag the need (green) all the way to the end of the bar.
    You are just trying to unfreeze the current location.
    Take note as to whether or not the the 'red arrow' starts to indicate 'decay' in Social the way it does in the other Needs.

Once you have completed the test, and hopefully fixed the immediate problem ...
    Pause game, open the console again the same way you already did, and type: testingcheatsenabled off ... Then [Enter].

I haven't experienced the problem you are asking about, but those two things are what I would try if I had.

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Or just open the cheat console and write resetsim (sim's name) and click enter.
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Often when I change household there is one or more sims with stuck needs, and then I just reset them with the cheat mentioned above.

Heh, sims that really need to have their needs stuck don't. Baristas and other NPC's. It's annoying to see them yawn and complain about being tired. *shakes fist*
    cUrfGkA.gif