Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

August Patch Speculation Thread 2020 (Now Out Small Bug Fixes)

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
Another month Another New Patch or not. I think the August Patch will be the Pre Gamepack one but probably won't come out till the last week in August.

Something tells me this one will be big and add something nice to the base game.

Update
8-18-20
Patch Notes

Update 8/18/2020
PC: 1.65.77.1020 / Mac: 1.65.77.1220
Console: Version 1.30

Spark’d Season One has come to an end, Spark’d Wedding Destination Challenge submissions have closed and you have picked your favorites, and we released the community voted pack – Nifty Knitting. Now we find ourselves here with a small update to tackle some issues including those that you reported to us after Nifty Knitting released.

SimGuruRusskii

Now onto the fixes:

Sims 4

We have once again vanquished yet another villainous version of Error Code 134. This time it is Error Code 134:64b8a94a, distant cousin of the original Error Code 134.
What is Error 134? Baby don’t hurt me, don’t hurt me… no more.

Fixed an issue related to curvature points on Roofs. They should work better now.

Controller layout screens have been updated to reflect the additional controls used in the Spark’d Challenges tabs in The Gallery. So many buttons, so much to see and do.

Fixed an issue that generated an error message when submitting an item to Spark’d Challenges from Player’s catalog.

Cats & Dogs

Retrained our good Doggos and Cattos so that they can eat also not on command. So they will no longer eat only when they are told. Give them all the treats anyway – they are such good bois and girls!

Eco Lifestyle

Fixed an issue where NPC Sims would continuously steal objects from Lots without having the Kleptomaniac Trait. They were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn’t stop to think if they should.

Fixed an issue in ‘Green’ Lots that did not allow Aurora Borealis and other phenomena to display. I’m glad we fixed this, now enjoy what nature has to offer.

Dine Out

Fixed an issue that made some drinks and food options be duplicated, or go missing, on restaurants’ menus. I’m all for more of everything, but this seemed a bit extreme, though double coffees… mmm coffee…

Nifty Knitting

Fixed an issue that prevented PlayStation 4 and macOS players from applying the unlockbytag SP17 successfully. All the knits belong to you.
Sims will no longer constantly knit autonomously. Ok now, we know knitting is wonderful, but there IS a thing like too much knitting. *distant chants of ‘That’s right!’*

Xbox One

If you subscribe to EA Access you may notice the logo displayed on the pack information screens is now displayed as EA Play as part of a rebrand of EA’s subscription.
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    hoping for the gamepack next month. hopefully we'll have something big for the patch before the next expansion towards the end of the year ala terrain tools when get famous came out. i miss that feeling of something BIG.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    I know there no money in fixes but you should stand behind your product. Every Thursday should be fix day. It can be fixes for Sims 3 or Sims 4 but this once a month isn't cutting it.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    hoping for the gamepack next month. hopefully we'll have something big for the patch before the next expansion towards the end of the year ala terrain tools when get famous came out. i miss that feeling of something BIG.

Hoping for cars before years end.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member

And even when they came back, they're still saying that cars will come soon. When does the fiscal year end?

If we get cars, I hope we can get booster seats for toddlers and dragons (and maybe babies), teaching teens to drive, and getting pulled over.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited July 2020
    Gordy wrote: »

And even when they came back, they're still saying that cars will come soon. When does the fiscal year end?

If we get cars, I hope we can get booster seats for toddlers and dragons (and maybe babies), teaching teens to drive, and getting pulled over.

EA’s current fiscal yr. ends on March 31st, 2021
    Post edited by SelinaKyles on
    Gordy wrote: »

This fiscal year ends in March or April next year.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

Hoping they free the babies before the end of the year.

Baby-Freedom.jpg

Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    i would love it if they can fix it so you can turn off n.a.p.s completely in eco living ..that would save tons of issues folks are experiencing but if they don't then they should stop either unplayed households and npcs from collectively adding to their inventory with the future cube ..instuments...or the clay .....those loaded inventories lag the game play....also fix gardening so the plants continue to move to being better quality and don't revert back and fourth.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Hopefully there’s some kind of announcement on my birthday again like last year with Realm of Magic. That was pretty cool!

Praying to the Watcher for cars!
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    After reading the future cube hints I think bunk beds are - finally - coming.
    I hope new future cube hints for the GP will be included as well.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »

Hoping they free the babies before the end of the year.

Baby-Freedom.jpg

I don’t care too much for family play or babies but for a simulator babies should definitely get an overhaul.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Hopefully they'll fix the bugs that have been present since Eco Lifestyle which they completely ignored in the last two patches. I'm so bored of getting locked out of peoples houses every time I move one singular item
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I'm not sure if it's going to be the pre-game patch update, because I'm speculating that the GP will be launched in Oct, hence the pre-pack patch will be somewhere in Sep.

Since Nifty is still in the first week itself, if there's any patch, I believe that it should be a post-pack patch which means, a patch to fix the bugs. More than anything, I hope that we could actually a massive patch which includes an attraction system.
    OID:- x4m1r4
    edited August 2020
    xamira99 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it's going to be the pre-game patch update, because I'm speculating that the GP will be launched in Oct, hence the pre-pack patch will be somewhere in Sep.

Since Nifty is still in the first week itself, if there's any patch, I believe that it should be a post-pack patch which means, a patch to fix the bugs. More than anything, I hope that we could actually a massive patch which includes an attraction system.

According to the road map September is the last month the GP can release.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    edited August 2020
    They better fix the bug that causes sims with knitting skill regenerate almost no energy while sleeping...
    ...and the excessive autonomous knitting to the point they drop even basic life functions to knit.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I wonder if SimGuruGeorge posting the pictures with the diploma and chef pig could be a hint at the next patch seeing as there was a survey about updating older packs and it would make sense University and Dine Out would get a lot of the votes. If he tosses out another image it better be retail themed because Get to Work out of all the packs has the best theme but worst done.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    What are the chances of today be patch day? :0
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I hope the fix a lot more bugs than last time..:( These small patches are disappointing.
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    Do we have a masterlist of bugs that remain unfixed or bugs that return after every pack?
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    Do we have a masterlist of bugs that remain unfixed or bugs that return after every pack?

The official one is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-reported-Issues/td-p/3445209
  • aelias24aelias24 Posts: 220 Member
    Wait, the sims 4 anniversary is the 2nd of September, right? We should get a patch to celebrate that.
    Real Life Is Never As Interesting As the SimswIiJK39.jpg
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    edited August 2020
    I'd like for them to release a huge patch fixing the majority of the bugs but especially the Lot Taxes bug. Having it always be low takes away the little bit of challenge there is in the game. I want to pay more.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    I also want add Middle Names and Suffixes for sims to be added as well