Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Freezer Bunny Club - A Reading Circle

Comments

• AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Wow... harder than I thought to a) nominate my own characters and stuff, and b) find pictures. :sweat_smile: But sent you a message @ajamkeevin. Could you define "juicy" moments? I think my juicier moments... if they count... happen later in the story. Also it was hard, but I tried to limit things that weren't big spoilers beyond arcs 1-7 with my story, but some of the pictures are from later on, only because I don't have good ones early on. Also, there are "others" I could've nominated for things, but I didn't want to give anything away or mention characters that people haven't read about yet because not everyone is at the same place in my story.

Agreed, @Duvelina. I think we should vote on other people's characters/stories.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited July 2020
    @ajamkeevin Okay answering your questions. I've had so much fun reading your story recently. I'm gobbling it up like candy. Haha. And I'm off candy right now so Kev & Get It is a healthier alternative. :)

Technical Questions
    1. Is the blog working well for you? I've spent a lot of time looking for a good theme that kind of gives off the whimsy feeling that I want to put forth in the story.
    Yes, I like it. I haven't paid too much attention to the design because I've been hooked on the story but it looks nice and clean and easy to read. The blue background is soothing.
    2. I went back and replaced all the images in each episode with ones that are much smaller in file size to make the pages load faster. Is this working well for you?
    Again, I didn't notice too much, but I like your images. I keep thinking I should do the same with my stories, but it's a lot of work, and I am lazy. :sweat_smile:
    3. The Episodes used to be one big chunk, with Eliminations separate. They're now 2 - 6 parts to make the reading easier, what do you think of this choice?
    Your story is the first where I feel compelled to comment on every character. Haha. So smaller chunks is good for me. And the drama is addicting so I want to keep going and never want to stop. But last night I stayed up wayyyyy too late. Haha. So... I have to be more mindful of the time, but that's just a good sign that your writing and the drama is compelling.
    4. Do you want more notes? I include a few here and there, but probably 0 after this first chunk of episodes.
    I'm trying to remember the notes. I do author's notes on all my chapters, but since this is a TV show, it's pretty straightforward and doesn't need notes per se. I do like reading all the juicy delicious extras though and behind-the-scenes stuff in general so if you wanted to add more, I'd say go for it!

General Questions
    1. What are your first impressions of K&GI? Obviously I want to make this seem like you're watching a tv show/reading a script instead of simply narrating, do you get this impression? Do I capture the spirit of a reality show?
    I'm combining these two questions. It's pretty straightforward that it's a tv show, and I loved how you set up the character confessions on camera in a different scene and intersperse them with the episodes like a real show. :smiley: I really do feel like it's a reality show especially with the hyped drama and the out-to-get-you personalities of some of the cast, the backstabbing and double crossing, and general flirting and relationship drama. It feels like a real show.
    3. Do you like my style of writing?
    It's a different style than what I'm used to, but that's totally okay. I want to know more about the characters and you give us just enough glimpses into their backstories and true motives over time that it's intriguing. The drama and couplings are electrifying.
    4. What do you think of my images? I spend a lot of time creating a unified "look" for the seasons, with the promo images, the cast pictures, the icons, the confessionals, the fadeout gifs at the end of each episode, etc, so I'd love to know if you like them!
    The fadeout gifs are probably one of my favorites. It again reinforces the reality tv show aspect. Cast pictures are great. Love the icons and how you set up the confessionals like I already mentioned. I think you did a great job with the sets.
    5. Speaking of confessionals, do you like this aspect of the story? Reality shows tend to have these confessional/talking heads moments so I wanted to include them to advance the story.
    I already answered this several times actually... haha. I guess I'm ahead of myself. But I'll add that it helps me really get to know the cast and makes me want to love or hate contestants. I feel like we get a glimpse of their real selves here sometimes, their internal motivations, who they like/dislike and want to see gone and who they are rooting for, etc. The confessions give good insight.

Side note: Man, I really want to aspire to do something this cool on my own "show" I was working on last summer - Bachelor & Bachelorette in Sulani, which has a different feel and I was just getting my feet wet with this style of storytelling.
    6. Do you like the story so far? It gets more intense and the characters that last longer get more developed as time goes on, but what do you think of the story at this point?
    I do like the story. Sometimes I really dislike what the cast members do to each other and sometimes I really love it. I really do like how each person is developed and revealed over time, which I feel is true to a real reality show and real life. I'm in the 6th section? I think. It definitely is really interesting how my favorites have changed over time as people's true personalities and characters shine through and help solidify their "places" in my book. I also really like how there are surprises to the characters, like they do and say things I don't expect for good or bad. Keeps me guessing and on my toes. Haha.

Character Questions
    Ooo... I can't wait... okay... since I've had lots to say over on your blog.
    1. Do you have a favorite? A least favorite? Why's that?
    My favorites have changed over time. People I thought I'd like in the beginning turned out to be "disliked" because of various things they did or said or revealed. Right now, my favorites have got to be...
    Kyungri. Early on she was portrayed as "plastic" and she's definitely got some "plastic" in her physique, but I actually really like her genuine ambition. She's a woman who knows who she is and what she wants out of life and I like and respect her a lot for that, even if she comes off as rough around the edges or cool. I actually think she's really kind and nice to the people who are "real" to her and she gives pretty good advice too.

And surprisingly, Enca is a newer favorite of mine. At first she really annoyed me, but then she grew on me. Her head seemed to be outta the game and then girl brought it back. And I loved when she whomped on Todd. He totally deserved it. And when she broke up with Patricio. Girl deserves better and to be treated like the goddess she is. Mwaa! :kissing_heart:

Least favorite... unsurprisingly Todd. Opps... forums didn't like my original comment... so I'll just say it was so disappointing how catty he was and how he unwisely let himself be used. He was cruel with his comments and actions, and seemed to relish dragging people down just for fun and to give himself more spotlight time. And it backfired big time. Big time. He deserved to be kicked off the show. Same with Charlee... but I have to say Marjan is the most annoying and aggravating of them all. I really don't know who she is or what she's doing or why. She seems like a total airhead one minute and slightly devious the next.
    2. Do the characters seem realistic for the most part? They're exaggerated because characters tend to be in reality shows, but do you see glimpses of realistic emotions in them?
    I think it's a staple of reality shows to have exaggerated personalities. Everyone wants to stand out and everyone wants to appear "larger" than life. People put on fronts and that's realistic for this type of show and drama. I do see real emotion though, I think, from time to time. Like when Kyungri is giving good advice. Or Charlee seemed genuinely ticked at Manon in the ladies' bathroom and rightfully so. Still don't like her, but that moment felt realistic. I also think Enca is showing signs of real emotion here and there, and she's actually really sweet. I think Mitchell and Harrison are pretty genuine characters too.
    3. If you could describe each character in one word, what would it be?
    Charlee: slayer (or a word that isn't appropriate for the forums and rhymes with witch)
    China: a go-getter
    Enca: queen (love her curves and her confidence when she's being true to herself; she really shines)
    Enzo: insecure
    Gabriel: Hunky (because he is... but that's all he's got going for him right now. He rubbed me the wrong way in the early episodes and I can't get over it)
    Harrison: naive
    Jessie: surprising (surprising contender and surprising cunning, but I think she meant most of it in good fun and she seems genuine-esque in her competitive spirit)
    Kyungri: ambitious
    Louise: wallflower (she just doesn't stand out for me, but I'm glad she's gaining some confidence and starting to try new things)
    Marjan: weird
    Matthieu: confused
    Mitchell: self-deprecating
    Patricio: lothario (there's a real Sims word for you)
    Todd: the rear end of a clown... because again I can't say the real word here :naughty:

I'll work on answering the other questions soon. For now, I want to tune in for more of the show! :smiley:

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    @ajamkeevin I never noticed how similar Marjan and Charlee look. I immediately started developing a conspiracy theory when I did notice, how they might be related. 😂
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    edited July 2020
    I’m enjoying reading what everyone’s female mains think of each other. I debated for awhile but decided to do one for Athena, though none of her thoughts will make sense to you. Athena at the end of ch 5 is vastly different from who she really is. I think it’s wrong and an injustice to provide her thoughts based on a snapshot in time when her character is still dominated by victimisation, fear and trauma. Hence, Athena will be answering based on who she truly becomes once she has shed off the ghosts of her past.

Spoilers (even for @_sims_Yimi :smile: ) but Athena’s character is only one portion to the whole story so I’d consider it pretty mild.

Sofia: Athena knows all too well what’s it like to feel stuck and helpless. She will empathise with Sofia and will be compelled to help in any way she can. However, Athena’s self-preservation will cause her inner turmoil because Sofia’s vulnerability reminds her of her own scars. Nevertheless, she will jump in head first without hesitation, but once Sofia is well, Athena will most likely disappear.

Liz: Liz is someone who makes Athena relax and her worries melt away. She admires Liz’s neverending optimism in spite of almost promotions and a bustling family to care for. Athena will very likely want to organise play dates for her pet and Ninja.

Kyungri: Athena will want to be in regular contact with Kyungri. She likes Kyungri’s driven and unabashed nature. Kyungri is straightforward regardless of her audience which Athena will find highly attractive. Athena will very likely use her celebrity status to keep Kyungri around, not that Athena is a deceptive person, but she believes people are only cordial with her because of her celebrity status, not necessarily her person.

Kass: Kass’s life is not perfect, but Athena will see Kass as all that she longs for but never will be. Kass has a loving relationship with her mom, has to some extent, peer level conversations with her sisters and most importantly, friends who love her. Athena will naturally distance herself from Kass and even if Kass were perfectly nice and kind, she will find it hard to trust her. Nothing personal though. Being bullied by people she once called friends simply made her out that way.

Morgana: This is an interesting combo. If Athena and Morgana were placed in the same universe, . . . . I foresee armageddon happening (no, really). There will be mutual respect paired and frustration between them if they are forced to interact. For all that they have in common, they differ greatly in their outlook on life. I wouldn’t be surprised if Morgana makes it her personal mission to obliterate Athena’s existence, or at least the parts that are in conflict, though I can also foresee potential for true friendship if certain circumstances click into place.

@ajamkeevin Unrelated but I'm super confused about nominations so I'm going to pm you about it. :joy:
    General Questions
    1. What are your first impressions of K&GI?
    2. Obviously I want to make this seem like you're watching a tv show/reading a script instead of simply narrating, do you get this impression? Do I capture the spirit of a reality show?
    3. Do you like my style of writing?
    4. What do you think of my images? I spend a lot of time creating a unified "look" for the seasons, with the promo images, the cast pictures, the icons, the confessionals, the fadeout gifs at the end of each episode, etc, so I'd love to know if you like them!
    5. Speaking of confessionals, do you like this aspect of the story? Reality shows tend to have these confessional/talking heads moments so I wanted to include them to advance the story.
    6. Do you like the story so far? It gets more intense and the characters that last longer get more developed as time goes on, but what do you think of the story at this point?

1. I was so excited to read something completely different from the other stories. So the concept was something that immediately appealed to me. I did have to get used to the language that was used since it's very modern and very street sometimes.

2. Yes, you do a great job at this. You use mostly dialogue in your writing which does make it feel like reading a script. If you would have used more narrative, it would have taken away from that feeling.

3. I do like your writing, especially when the dialogue becomes more emotional and goes into depth with the characters. You did amazing on making Enca a likable character throughout the episodes.

4. I love the amount of effort you put into your images. The cast page blew me away with everyone's profiles and their model-like images. The fadeout gifs are super impressive and especially make it feel like I'm watching Holland's Next Top Model where they take one group picture and grey out the people who get eliminated.

5. I mostly know these confessional moments from Love Island and I love those. They show a funny or deeper insight into a person with mostly things they don't dare say or randomly share with people in the house. I feel like these sharing moments are mostly prompted by questions from a producer or something, but they always cut those out. I can't imagine why a contestant would share something otherwise.

6. I like it. Some characters are still very much background material, but I also like how the focus is on others and how characters get more fleshed out with each episode because the amount of people competing is being reduced. I like the added drama with Todd outing Matthieu's previous relationship. It shakes up the house and makes for interesting dynamics.
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    ajamkeevin wrote: »
    @Skeilah Not stupid at all! I was also confused about that term when I first started writing. I think an online definition is better at explaining it than me:
    The slice of life category of story is a story that portrays a "cut-out" sequence of events in a character's life. It may or may not contain any plot progress and little character development, and often has no exposition, conflict, or dénouement, with an open ending. It usually tries to depict the everyday life of ordinary people.

So for the award, a story that fits this genre. For example, mine wouldn't, I think. Yours definitely does!

Oh yeah, in that case my whole story is a slice of life HAHAHAAHH.
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    @mercuryfoam and @ajamkeevin interesting to see your characters thoughts about Kass in the early story. I'm curious what they might think of Kass in later chapters, and if their opinions would change.

@Skeilah Kass would absolutely love to babysit Liz' kiddos. And take that sweet Ninja for a walk. She might orchestrate a playdate for Ninja and her nonni's dog Macchiato. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • ajamkeevinajamkeevin Posts: 278 Member
    Aw, thanks @Duvelina and @AdamsEve1231 for your answers! I will respond tonight.

Side note, but I am completing the poll and the nomination graphics for the Awards, and I just couldn't help but squeal when I finished this one. We look so cute, y'all!♥

oBcKWOy.jpg

I'll be posting the complete nominations and the poll either tonight or tomorrow, when I receive the last ones. :blush:
    Yaaaaa I live for that picture! Somebody actually needs to make a group picture man :”)
    Awww I love that banner. Thanks @ajamkeevin. I do have a Ts4 Simselfie who has her own story too so a Ts4 reunion isn't out of the question. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Character questions
    1. Do you have a favorite? A least favorite? Why's that?
    2. Do the characters seem realistic for the most part? They're exaggerated because characters tend to be in reality shows, but do you see glimpses of realistic emotions in them?
    3. If you could describe each character in one word, what would it be?
    Charlee:
    China:
    Enca:
    Enzo:
    Gabriel:
    Harrison:
    Jessie:
    Kyungri:
    Louise:
    Marjan:
    Matthieu:
    Mitchell:
    Patricio:
    Todd:

1. My favourite character right now is Enca. Ever since she started opening up more and connecting/supporting Harrison, she really gained another layer to her. She's not just the popular star anymore, she came off her pedestal and gave an insight into who she is as a person. I can appreciate that and she went from one of my least favourites to my favourite.

My least favourite character is Patricio. He doesn't seem to deserve Enca with the way he's ogling other women all the time. He doesn't realise he has a good lady and he should before he loses her. I was relieved when Patricio left and I think it did Enca some good. She started to develop a personality without Patricio constantly flitting around her. An established couple in a house like this won't ever work, I think, not if they act this lovey-dovey. They don't interact much with the other contestants and don't form friendships and alliances that would keep them inside the house. You can see this from Patricio's exit and Enca's three-time almost exit.

2. Absolutely! I think my description of Enca above illustrated that already. Besides Enca, I admire Kyungri a whole lot. She's open and honest about the plastic surgery she has undergone and she also turned out to be fiercely protective over her friends. I also think she's very relatable in being there for the money. Everyone joined the competition to win, not to make friends and once again, she's been clear about that from the start. Of course everyone's personality is magnified ten times but within that, they have a range of real emotions. Another example is Todd. He seemed to be pure evil when he exposed Matthieu for the cheater that he was, but he felt so guilty about it afterwards, I started to feel sympathy for him and understanding what was going on.

Charlee: Saboteur
    China: Down-to-earth
    Enca: Independent
    Enzo: Invisible
    Gabriel: Loyal
    Harrison: Shy
    Jessie: Pretty
    Kyungri: Blunt
    Louise: Underdog
    Marjan: Secretive
    Matthieu: Cheater
    Mitchell: Relatable
    Patricio: Dog
    Are you all ready for the very first Freezer Bunny Awards Gala?
    Well, wait no more, because it's here!

wTDUzdZ.png

It's been an amazing first cycle of discussion with all our stories, and now it's time to shower them with accolades! I have set up a poll for you to vote, and I will reveal the winners on Sunday, before we start up our discussion again.

And now, without further ado, here are the nominees!

Character Categories
    OK9tqzd.jpg

bYMKzfr.jpg

FDJZ3gd.jpg

BJJNtId.jpg

6hULlxT.jpg

2J43Wd9.jpg

Qwjs3TL.jpg

General Categories
    xtPxDS5.jpg

hibXnQi.jpg

diCvmGC.jpg

HIcoFnl.jpg

syiZjy9.jpg

yJNACaG.jpg

2GGIGR7.jpg

FQyTynn.jpg

hl12RRP.jpg

You can vote by following this link. Have fun!
    Oh man that was amazingly difficult😂😂
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    Yeeeessssss, I've been waiting for this! :mrgreen:

Also, some serious respect to @ajamkeevin for making a poll look so amazing! It really feels like some glamorous awards show. :blush:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    That was no joke! I got through it relatively easy but I didn't expect the rating system. Threw me for a loop.
    I really liked the rating system! What did you expect?
    edited July 2020
    Skeilah wrote: »
    I really liked the rating system! What did you expect?

Oh, I liked it too! I just expected to vote for our favourite without rating the other ones as well. It was more difficult to pin down which ones to put on 2 or 3 rather than spot number 5.
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    Yup, that was hard for me, too. But this way we'll have less risk of every poll ending in a 6-way tie. I for one can't wait until Sunday to see how awesome the award post is going to be :mrgreen:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    Oh wow...that was tough. For the best female supporting cast, two of my characters were there so I voted 1 on one of them because it wouldn't let me do a second 0. I had to giggle at the "High Chair of Doom." :lol:

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    edited July 2020
    Idk if this is appropriate here but I wanted to honor my pupper in some ways. Bit of a downer, but thanks for reading if you do. Anyway I'm falling behind on a lot of reading but I'll catch up in time.
    1.jpg

My name is Gucci. I’m a Maltese Shih Tsu adopted from a family friend whose pupper gave birth to a large litter. My adoption was done just in time for not long after, an accident occurred, leaving me the sole survivor of my litter.

2.jpg

I am the classic definition of a toy dog. My tiny size, super white coat and perfect round eyes have people turning heads as they pass by. It is not uncommon for me to be pointed at, for children to want to pet me, and to elicit smiles and baby talk from strangers.

3.jpg

My name implies I am high maintenance. Aesthetics-wise, that is true. My coat mats and dirties easily. I don't shed enough too. And so my hooman grooms me for 40 minutes every day to maintain my silky white tresses and soft coat.

4.jpg

But my diva attributes end there. I am easygoing, gentle, trusting and devoted to my hooman. I love cuddles, am generous with tummy pats and feel contented sitting and sleeping on my hooman’s lap while he stares at his electronic box.

5.jpg

My hooman likes training me. I can shake hands, come over, play dead, stay, roll over, kiss... you get the idea. I am perfectly house-trained too.

6.jpg

During the later stages, my owner started introducing props including the hoop. Even so, my favourite command is “Where’s the Ball!!!?” (Yes, with all those exclamation marks!) That’s when I’d bark and hop around like a crazed bunny because… ball, ball, ball!

7.jpg

My training paid off in volumes. When we go for walks. My human doesn’t leash me, even when the area mandates it. That’s because they trust me completely. As such, I’m free to chase butterflies and sniff beetles and whatever tickles my doggo fancy.

8.jpg

My favourite times are our sunset strolls on the beach with my favourite hooman. I used to be afraid of the ocean, especially when my hoomans readily jumped into its monstrous waves, their tiny heads bobbing on the vast open surface. I’d get into a frenzied state, barking and howling, not knowing what to do or how to help them.

9.jpg

In the end, my hooman decided I needed to overcome my fear and incorporated swimming lessons into my training. It wasn’t lessons per se, he simply picked me up and plopped me into the ocean. Tough love there, but I realised quickly that I am an amazing swimmer. I enjoy swimming!

10.jpg

The moment I see my hoomans shake out that large piece of cloth, I know it’s FOOD time! Sometimes it’s simple pastries, other times it could be hot meals like dumpling soup. I gave them my biggest, most adorable puppy dog stares when they took out homemade onigiri, but just like our training, my hooman has strict boundaries. I would huff, but they always prepare food for me too. I swear, there’s something in those liver treats. I’d do anything for those thin, black wedges.

11.jpg

A slow shift began. They found me sleeping more often than chasing butterflies and harassing squirrels.

12.jpg

I was less able to jump through the hoop too. My hoomans decided to discard the trick altogether, but I was still on top with verbal commands and tricks. I kept up as best as I could, until the day I couldn’t.

13.jpg

We were on our unleashed walks as usual. I was playing in whatever pile of random trash I found while my hooman simply chuckled and watched. I gave a happy bark and strode off with my nose into the air, only to walk right off the pier and into the water.

14.jpg

A grand rescue occurred, then a trip to the doctors. They discovered that my tear glands have stopped working with age. Since then, my hooman gives me eye drops at each interval of the day every day, but I gradually lost my sight. Aging comes with a whole host of other illnesses, I was diagnosed with heart murmur and fluid in the lungs. Doctors say it would be a miracle if I lived through the year. My hooman looks at me sadly, but I keep up my cheery nature.

15.jpg

That diagnosis was made more than a year ago. In this tiny body lies a true fighter. Sadly it’s my time and so I left my hoomans last night. They are devastated, but send me off with gratitude and love. Perhaps this is good, for it breaks my hooman's heart to see the shame on my face when I can't remember basic commands nor control my bladder. Neither do I enjoy walks anymore, keeping to the edges for fear of tripping, and night after night of feeding me medicine and listening to my labored breathing. But it's not these memories that they'll keep to heart. I will always be remembered me as the smart little pupper who knew every command, who brought happiness to their lives and those I chanced by. I will be dearly missed but I’m never truly gone. I live on in hearts and memories.

RIP Gucci (2005 - 2020)
    edited July 2020
    @ajamkeevin Okay, here are more of my responses...

Episode Specific Questions
    Episodes 1-2
    What do you think of the character introductions/entrances?
    Oh wow. It felt like a real TV show. I loved the character introductions. I did think they biased me a little about the entrances, but that's okay. Like Kyungri did feel really wooden/plastic when she arrived. Funny that she's one of my faves now! :)
    What do you think of ajmkv/me? (Rip into me if you must!)
    How could I rip into you? Haha... no in all seriousness, I like the host. Ajmkv seems just like a host should be. I did wonder if ajmkv would make an appearance instead of just on the envelope and where he disappeared to in a few of the episodes, but I'm enjoying the character/simself.
    Did you have any strong impressions of anyone? Any "oh, they're going home first" feelings?
    I really liked Mitchell. I remember thinking he wouldn't last too long because he was so sweet.

Didn't like Marjan from the get go. She always felt a little off.

Gabe put me off early on, even though I found out the truth later on. It's a personal thing for me, so if it works for Gabe and his wife, fine. But I still can't... I guess... accept it. :sweat_smile: It sounds harsh when I say it like that.

I was also unhappy with Matthieu. I wanted him to make things right and stand up for himself because he's so uncomfortable with the throuple thing. It's kinda the same thing as Gabe and his wife and other peeps. Three's a crowd. Again, it's a personal thing for me.

Patricio really irked me from the start too so I was actually pretty sure he'd be leaving early on... and I was right.
    What do you think of the most relevant plot threads at this point? (Matthieu and Harrison's romance, Enca and Patricio, etc.)
    Early on I really disliked Enca and Patricio. They didn't seem to work at all together. I thought Enca... woman... honey... you can do so much better than this. Patricio was annoying with his wandering eye, and if there's one thing I can't tolerate, it's cheating. I was over #pattycake like five seconds after I realized it was a thing! Ha! On a side note, I am really curious how and why they got together and what she sees in him. I know you explain some in Enca's standalone. I still feel like she can do and deserves better.

I thought Matthison was cute. I was really worried Harrison would get hurt and he did, and I'm still not sure if they will last. In real life, I genuinely believe it's always for the best to take time in between a break-up and a get-together to self-reflect, grieve a loss (even if you were unhappy with the person, you still spent time with them and built intimacy together), and heal. Of course, this is reality TV so I am living for the drama! Partly because reality TV is really far from "real" life. It's a delicious escape and ooo... the secrets are juicy.
    Were you sad to see Patricio go?
    Nope.

Episodes 3-4
    Do you think Charlee has done a good job at becoming the mastermind of the house?
    She did a good job solidifying the "villain" we love to hate role. I think she overestimated her "herd" and she didn't try hard enough to win friends with honey versus vinegar.
    Did you like the challenges? (Photoshoot and dance/makeover challenge).
    Loved them! I had something to say about each one I believe. I actually really liked Jessie's pose despite the judges disagreeing with me. And Enzo was my favorite of the guys.

As for the dances... Jessie was the surprising vamp of her group, but still classy. Mitchell and Harrison came out of their shells here. Their group dance, despite including Charlee, was my favorite. Kyungri kinda grossed me out with her outfit choice. Enca needed to step up her game. But again... Enzo sells that fantasy... :love:
    Did you like the guest judges? (Jdbw, who is my real life friend, and the Flavor Girls).
    The guest judges were fun! I loved the extra commentary it was fun!
    Are the main plot threads here interesting/believable? (Todd's snooping, Charlee's scheming, Louise's makeover, Matthieu's complicated situation, Enca's descent into feelings of inadequacy, etc.)
    If you mean is it realistic that Charlee is manipulating things behind the scenes and Todd is her pawn on a reality TV show? Yes. That's the kind of stuff I do expect to see on a TV show. Matthieu's complicated relationship is also believable for this genre because I feel like producers always want as much drama as possible, so connections to former seasons and knowledge about relationships and flings are bread and butter. Louise's makeover was a bit quick, but I loved witnessing her blossom and grow in confidence. Enca's feelings of inadequacy also feel realistic to me, and it's surprisingly, one of my favorite developments in the show. Not that I love seeing someone feel bad about themselves, but seeing a character/cast member show genuine emotion and struggles and then work to overcome them. I say more below.
    Are you annoyed that Enca keeps getting saved?
    By episode 4, my attitude toward Enca started to shift. I started seeing more of her vulnerability and her sweetness. She seemed a bit lost and in need of direction, probably because she's accustomed to people telling her what to do and where to go and how to pose and move and all. Being the diva she is, I'm not surprised she struggles with figuring things out on her own as she's still so young. But I do believe she has the beauty and confidence to radiate and dazzle the fans so I hoped she would stay.

Episodes 5 and Todd's Homecoming
    Are Gabriel's feelings towards Todd relatable?
    Honestly, they confused me. I couldn't figure out if he had a thing for Todd or if it was just brotherly love. It was a little weird that Todd was younger than Gabe but reminded him of his older brother. I mean, if he reminds him, okay, I just thought the age thing was strange. I am really curious about Gabe's brother now because I really really really don't like Todd.
    What do you think of Marjan at this point?
    She is so strange. The more she says, the more I'm confused. And I feel like it's all an act, a krazy crazy act ( ;) ) that will come crumbling down, and I can't wait! *claps hands* I just really want to know. Or she really is the most airy of all butterflies. I think she's an android sometimes. Haha. Or possessed.
    What do you think of how the situation between Matthieu and Harrison has evolved? Did you feel bad for Harrison after Todd shattered his happiness? How do you feel about what Todd did? Do you think his episode of Kev & Get More redeemed him a little bit?
    Todd was cruel and cutting with his remarks, thoughtless toward a couple that might actually stand a chance. I do fault Matthieu for neglecting to tell Harrison sooner, but it wasn't like Matthieu pursued Harrison until after he had broken up with his guys. Todd seems clueless and naive, attention-grabbing and backstabbing and not the brightest bulb in the box. I don't feel sorry for him one bit that he goes home when he does. He needs to learn actions have consequences. I still wasn't a fan even after his little side episode. I don't think he is redeemed. We really don't know much about Hudson, but I'm not sure I could be that forgiving. I don't mean that it isn't kind of Hudson to forgive and accept Todd for who he is, but I do think that Hudson has some growing up to do. He is a self-proclaimed gold digger and he went on the show for the fame. If you really want to prove yourself, Todd, you should get a job and work like the rest of us. Your attitude and the way things are handed to you on a silver platter make you so entitled and disliked in my book. And if I were Hudson, I'd be worried Todd might turn on me and do some of the same llama droppings to me as he did on the show.
    5. And about K&GM, do you like this tonal shift? Do you think I do OK with this different style of writing?
    From a writing standpoint, I absolutely love the dramatic tension. There was a troubling shift in the mood after Todd's cruel revelation and it was just the sort of thing I see on a reality show. I thought... oh... this show just got real! Like this is next level stuff.

General Questions
    Are you upset that anyone left? Would you like to see anyone come back?
    I'm further along in the story but I commented over on the blog about one particular person I was really sorry to see go. Unsurprising because of performance, but they became a solid classy person in my opinion with the humble and generous way they exited the show. I would :heart: to see the contestant return later as a guest judge or just to know what happened to them:)

In terms of up until the end of 5, I was sad to see Mitchell go, but honestly, I'm not sure how long he would've lasted given he seemed the most real and down to earth of the cast, short of Jessie and Louise.
    Do you have any predictions?
    Kyungri is the woman to watch out for, but Jessie is surprisingly competitive and stepped up her game. I'd love to see both those ladies go far. I hope beyond hope that Enzo stays. He's my favorite guy. But... I'm worried he'll lose out to Gabriel for the obvious reasons.
    Do you have any questions for me? Or for the characters? I really liked what Yimi did when her characters answered to your questions, so I'd love to something similar!

Okay, for you, @ajamkeevin - How did you choose/create the characters? How much time and effort does it take to create the chapters? How much gameplay influences your episodes?

For Marjan.... Where do you come from? What do you want from life? Who even are you, girl?

For Enzo... less a question, than a fan girl response... You're one of my faves! I think you are a solid guy from what I've seen and I really do think you've got this competition, and even if you get voted off... you're still a winner in my book!

For Enca, Hello queen! I am a singer myself (nothing professional like yourself, just for fun). Do you feel like your career prepared you for a show like Kev&GetIt and if it gave you (an unfair) edge? Were you surprised with how you progressed over time? We've seen how the show has affected you personally, and maybe not in the easiest of ways. What do you feel like you've learned from the experience? Is there anything you will change in your life off screen and off stage as a result of being on this show?

Kyungri, I actually have major respect for a woman who knows what she wants but is above messing with people's heads (*cough cough* Charlee and Todd) and will play fair and square. Any advice for women out there in terms of how to feel and be confident?

Charlee, you were not a fan favorite and I honestly didn't like your performance either. Would you do anything differently if you could do things over?

Louise, I'm loving your evolution over this show. How has the show helped you grow? In the beginning, you came on the show and were known as your father's daughter and you wanted to distinguish yourself. Do you feel like your outlook has changed?

Some final thoughts for you @ajamkeevin - I've never seen someone attempt a story like this in SimLit so kudos to you for your unique contribution! I appreciate your sense of humor. I love the bits of sass thrown into each chapter. Every time ajmkv makes an appearance off-screen it makes me laugh. You do a great job with everyone's personalities. I feel like each character is unique and different enough from the other so it makes it easy to remember who's who in the cast. And that's impressive with a cast as large as yours. Thanks for writing such a fun, entertaining story.

I am having so much fun reading your story, @ajamkeevin. The drama is addicting, so much so I didn't realize how far past the original questions I read. Haha. I hope I haven't bombarded you with too many questions/comments here and on the blog.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Idk if this is appropriate here but I wanted to honor my pupper in some ways. Bit of a downer, but thanks for reading if you do. Anyway I'm falling behind on a lot of reading but I'll catch up in time.
    1.jpg

My name is Gucci. I’m a Maltese Shih Tsu adopted from a family friend whose pupper gave birth to a large litter. My adoption was done just in time for not long after, an accident occurred, leaving me the sole survivor of my litter.

2.jpg

I am the classic definition of a toy dog. My tiny size, super white coat and perfect round eyes have people turning heads as they pass by. It is not uncommon for me to be pointed at, for children to want to pet me, and to elicit smiles and baby talk from strangers.

3.jpg

My name implies I am high maintenance. Aesthetics-wise, that is true. My coat mats and dirties easily. I don't shed enough too. And so my hooman grooms me for 40 minutes every day to maintain my silky white tresses and soft coat.

4.jpg

But my diva attributes end there. I am easygoing, gentle, trusting and devoted to my hooman. I love cuddles, am generous with tummy pats and feel contented sitting and sleeping on my hooman’s lap while he stares at his electronic box.

5.jpg

My hooman likes training me. I can shake hands, come over, play dead, stay, roll over, kiss... you get the idea. I am perfectly house-trained too.

6.jpg

During the later stages, my owner started introducing props including the hoop. Even so, my favourite command is “Where’s the Ball!!!?” (Yes, with all those exclamation marks!) That’s when I’d bark and hop around like a crazed bunny because… ball, ball, ball!

7.jpg

My training paid off in volumes. When we go for walks. My human doesn’t leash me, even when the area mandates it. That’s because they trust me completely. As such, I’m free to chase butterflies and sniff beetles and whatever tickles my doggo fancy.

8.jpg

My favourite times are our sunset strolls on the beach with my favourite hooman. I used to be afraid of the ocean, especially when my hoomans readily jumped into its monstrous waves, their tiny heads bobbing on the vast open surface. I’d get into a frenzied state, barking and howling, not knowing what to do or how to help them.

9.jpg

In the end, my hooman decided I needed to overcome my fear and incorporated swimming lessons into my training. It wasn’t lessons per se, he simply picked me up and plopped me into the ocean. Tough love there, but I realised quickly that I am an amazing swimmer. I enjoy swimming!

10.jpg

The moment I see my hoomans shake out that large piece of cloth, I know it’s FOOD time! Sometimes it’s simple pastries, other times it could be hot meals like dumpling soup. I gave them my biggest, most adorable puppy dog stares when they took out homemade onigiri, but just like our training, my hooman has strict boundaries. I would huff, but they always prepare food for me too. I swear, there’s something in those liver treats. I’d do anything for those thin, black wedges.

11.jpg

A slow shift began. They found me sleeping more often than chasing butterflies and harassing squirrels.

12.jpg

I was less able to jump through the hoop too. My hoomans decided to discard the trick altogether, but I was still on top with verbal commands and tricks. I kept up as best as I could, until the day I couldn’t.

13.jpg

We were on our unleashed walks as usual. I was playing in whatever pile of random trash I found while my hooman simply chuckled and watched. I gave a happy bark and strode off with my nose into the air, only to walk right off the pier and into the water.

14.jpg

A grand rescue occurred, then a trip to the doctors. They discovered that my tear glands have stopped working with age. Since then, my hooman gives me eye drops at each interval of the day every day, but I gradually lost my sight. Aging comes with a whole host of other illnesses, I was diagnosed with heart murmur and fluid in the lungs. Doctors say it would be a miracle if I lived through the year. My hooman looks at me sadly, but I keep up my cheery nature.

15.jpg

That diagnosis was made more than a year ago. In this tiny body lies a true fighter. Sadly it’s my time and so I left my hoomans last night. They are devastated, but send me off with gratitude and love. Perhaps this is good, for it breaks my hooman's heart to see the shame on my face when I can't remember basic commands nor control my bladder. Neither do I enjoy walks anymore, keeping to the edges for fear of tripping, and night after night of feeding me medicine and listening to my labored breathing. But it's not these memories that they'll keep to heart. I will always be remembered me as the smart little pupper who knew every command, who brought happiness to their lives and those I chanced by. I will be dearly missed but I’m never truly gone. I live on in hearts and memories.

RIP Gucci (2005 - 2020)

Hey @mercuryfoam Thanks for sharing. I'm fine with you sharing non-reading circle related stuff here.
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my moon baby... my precious cat to liver cancer - a little over a year ago now. She was losing weight and not eating well for almost three months, but the diagnosis and downhill spiral happened within a week of her passing. It was sudden. And rough.

She was the first animal companion/pet that was mine as an adult and I know how much the ache is. I still feel the hole from time to time. She was just an animal, but she was a part of my family and I loved her. I still miss her and think I see her from time to time. Wishful thinking. I love what you did with the pictures. I thought about doing something similar in my game and I did recreate my cat in TS4 but I haven't posted anything as lovely as what you wrote here. Hugs and peace to you.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @mercuryfoam
    I've lost some beloved pets in my time. Haven't had a pet in a while now, but my first dog dying because of eating something toxic only one year into his life is something I'll always remember and regret, even if I couldn't do anything about it. I'm sorry you lost Gucci and that's a beautiful way to honor and treasure her. Thank you for sharing something so dear to you with us. I hope this ache will dull a little with time. In the meantime, I wish you lots of love and healing. 💞
    @mercuryfoam of course you may share this here. I know that I will share non-relatable circle reading stuff sometimes so I have absolutely no problem with that.
    I have a cat myself, Tarzan is the name. He’s also in his old stage right now, where you can see that he’s more into sleeping instead of playing and stuff. It’s so hard to see... A tear ran down my cheek while reading your beautiful story. Gucci sounded absolutely amazing and I know for sure that (s)he (?) will watch over you. I always like to think in Sims style, where ghosts sometimes visit you :p although you can’t see them. Gucci had a fantastic life and when it’s time, it’s time. Please remember those happy moments forever. Gucci will always be there, somewhere :).
    @mercuryfoam I'm honored and humbled that you consider us close enough to share this beautiful piece about something personal going on in your life. I'm all for it.
    I definitely teared up while reading Gucci's story. I think you captured her spirit wonderfully and I felt so happy to read about her, then heartbroken with the ending. I'm 100% sure Gucci is still with you, just not on this plane. The love you felt for her and she felt for you is still out there in the universe. Isn't it incredible and wonderful that we can get so attached to our furry companions? I have never been much for my own pets, but when I lived in my parents' home, I spent a lot of time with their cat who loooooves sleeping with me. Now, I have a dog because my roommate wanted one, so I agreed and now I'm completely 100% in love with the little doggo, who has become my most constant companion. I can see that you love Gucci as much as I love my Pickle, so I can fully identify with the feelings. I know you're sad and I can't even imagine how heartbreaking it must be to lose your companion, but I hope you're doing well otherwise. You're such a wonderful part of this circle and I'm so happy to know you. Sending condolences, warmth, and lots of sims love from France all the way to Australia.