Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone completed the knitting aspiration yet?

MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
Sims who complete the lord/lady of the knits aspiration get the 'sacred knitting knowledge' trait and in the description of this trait it says that sims with this trait:

"have the ability to craft unique knitted items, like a very special companion from a strange land, or the Forbidden Sweater which, honestly, is forbidden for a reason…"

To anyone whose sim has completed the aspiration: What is this "very special companion" that sims with the sacred knitting knowledge trait can knit? Would be so awesome if it was something like the TS3 imaginary friends (ok I know most people hated those but I liked them).

Comments

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Give us a chance! :D
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Could the special companion be Yarny?
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited July 2020
    Could the special companion be Yarny?
    Could be!

Hmmm it just occurred to me that the wording "companion from a STRANGE LAND" may be another hint at a vacation pack...
    calaprfy wrote: »

Lol I figured someone might have managed it but yeah I guess most people like me haven'thad time yet :D
    edited July 2020
    Oh wait never mind I think I was wrong Yarny isn't a penguin... Edited previous post. Still could be a bint at a vacation pack though?
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Actually this is yarni (a video game character from the game unraveled): https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unravel_(video_game) - that being said, I don't know if that's the special companion or not 😊
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Actually this is yarni (a video game character from the game unraveled): https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unravel_(video_game) - that being said, I don't know if that's the special companion or not 😊
    Thank you, just realised it wasn't the penguin toy :) I do wonder if the wording might hint at a vacation pack though. Could be wishful thinking on my part :D
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Thank you, just realised it wasn't the penguin toy :) I do wonder if the wording might hint at a vacation pack though. Could be wishful thinking on my part :D

Haha I do still hope for a winter destination so I get it 😊 Don't the elders see a sled or something when they reminisce though? Could still be a hint.

Also, small error on my part, I think the game is called unravel not unraveled ^^

Haha I do still hope for a winter destination so I get it 😊 Don't the elders see a sled or something when they reminisce though? Could still be a hint.

Also, small error on my part, I think the game is called unravel not unraveled ^^

I haven't got any elders at the moment so I can't test that out but it does sound like that could be a hint though :)

No worries I hadn't heard of the film anyway haha.
    calaprfy wrote: »

Lol I figured someone might have managed it but yeah I guess most people like me haven'thad time yet :D

I tend to think that it's a bad idea to do everything in a new pack at once because then you feel burned out with it.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    edited July 2020
    I'm pretty sure they said it was Yarny. Plus, of course, the jinxed sweater.

They also said the Yarny statues can move like the magic gnomes.
  • jafo88fanjafo88fan Posts: 577 Member
    I'm pretty sure the "special companion" is Yarny and the Forbidden Sweater is the cursed sweater that will end the relationship with the sim you give it to.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    It unfortunately is just wishful thinking, by strange land they mean the world Yarni is from, considering its technically not from the sim world

• Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

I totally agree with your comment @Mariefoxprice83 ...For that reason, I take my time in my game.

Although I have the game, I haven't even started knitting. Still playing my Eco Lifestyle and having my Sims enjoy being in a new relationship. My Sim still needs to get engage to his girlfriend first. Get married (she'll move in and be the knitter of the family). Have a baby because I always keep a baby in my household. Goal is to have 3 kids (baby, toddler and child) this time. I did remodel his grandmother's house with the new Nifty Knitting build items. Gave her the aspiration "Lady of the Knits." Yet, I'll wait until he gets married to give his wife this aspiration and then start my knitting journey which is a very long way off for me. Happy Nifty Knitting Simmers!
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    almost, its definitely a challenging one ;)

hdBcloS.png
    edited July 2020
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    I totally agree with your comment @Mariefoxprice83 ...For that reason, I take my time in my game.

Although I have the game, I haven't even started knitting. Still playing my Eco Lifestyle and having my Sims enjoy being in a new relationship. My Sim still needs to get engage to his girlfriend first. Get married (she'll move in and be the knitter of the family). Have a baby because I always keep a baby in my household. Goal is to have 3 kids (baby, toddler and child) this time. I did remodel his grandmother's house with the new Nifty Knitting build items. Gave her the aspiration "Lady of the Knits." Yet, I'll wait until he gets married to give his wife this aspiration and then start my knitting journey which is a very long way off for me. Happy Nifty Knitting Simmers!

I have some knitters in my current save and while it's frustrating that they can mostly only knit socks and beanies, I've used Plopsy a few times to get them higher level items. I'm finding that as they are knitting in between other daily activities and handling aspirations, their skill levels aren't going up rapidly, which is for the best. I'm probably going to give the child in one of the households the Lady of the Knit aspiration when she's old enough but she's not going to knit to the exclusion of all else.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited July 2020
    @mcrudd ah you managed to sell something on Plopsy! I'm having so much trouble with that task.

What I did is only put good and better knits on Plopsy, if they were not too good a quality I donated them, the people receiving donations don't seem to care if its not perfect. The first few times it took a while to sell, but its as if people get to "know"you and it gets easier to sell as you go on. You get a pop up saying someone is interested to buy it then you pop it in the mailbox for them. I have saved some of the messages I got afterwards, almost like a review. Will printscreen it and share it here. Just have to load my game up ;)

edit to add pic

NJTMxxk.png
    mcrudd wrote: »
    @mcrudd ah you managed to sell something on Plopsy! I'm having so much trouble with that task.

What I did is only put good and better knits on Plopsy, if they were not too good a quality I donated them, the people receiving donations don't seem to care if its not perfect. The first few times it took a while to sell, but its as if people get to "know"you and it gets easier to sell as you go on. You get a pop up saying someone is interested to buy it then you pop it in the mailbox for them. I have saved some of the messages I got afterwards, almost like a review. Will printscreen it and share it here. Just have to load my game up ;)

edit to add pic

NJTMxxk.png

@mcrudd thank you for the screenshots, the reviews are a really nice touch! My sim maxed the knitting skill really quickly due to several skill gain boosts so I only have excellent quality items listed on plopsy. So far none have sold and the listing for several has ended with no purchases :( interesting what you say about it getting easier to sell after the first few items. I hope I eventually manage to sell something soon!
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I'm having the hardest time getting through the second tier of the achievement. I can't get them to complete "Listen to Music While Knitting." I have tried every station. The radio shows in the panel while knitting but the achievement won't complete.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
    @SimsLady2000 it took me a few tries to get that one to complete. Are you making sure that your sim starts listening to music before they begin knitting?
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    jafo88fan wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the "special companion" is Yarny and the Forbidden Sweater is the cursed sweater that will end the relationship with the sim you give it to.

My Sim actually made one of the "Forbidden Sweaters" already, on his own because I didn't think you could make it until the achievement was complete.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • qpmommaqpmomma Posts: 135 Member
    I am stuck on the last tier. My Sim has taught her son to knit and he's level 3 but she hasn't gotten credit for it. Maybe she needs to teach a young adult and not a child?
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

Thanks for adding the pic and explanation @mcrudd as that will be super helpful whenever I get started. Also, I like hearing what everyone is doing so thanks for sharing @Mariefoxprice83 and all the other post. This is great!
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I don't even have the pack yet, but this is an interesting thread... :)
    OID:- x4m1r4