Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I hate that we can't sell the knitting projects via retail shops

Is it just me?

Plopsy is cool and all but I like to play older builds and have physical retail shops. My heart dropped after I had built the shop and placed all her things just to see I could only sell on plopsy and not set for sale.

Comments

• Options
    simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    Wait, you can place the objects? And interact with them? But not set for sale? :(

Sorry, I just got Nifty Knitting and only had a sim make two beanies and haven't done anything with them, hehe, so I know very little so far.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    That's a shame. I was hoping we could have a knitting shop.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    cedesdccedesdc Posts: 93 Member
    I've played just a bit, been busy and then got annoyed at this haha. My sims is at level 4 though, she can place the planter thins, not the hats or socks, and when at my retail shop I can click and it lets me send to plopsie but I cant set for sell

And yeah, a knitting shop with the clothing mannequins in another room was going to be my tailors' shop but here's a roadblock
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,383 Member
    cedesdc wrote: »
    I've played just a bit, been busy and then got annoyed at this haha. My sims is at level 4 though, she can place the planter thins, not the hats or socks, and when at my retail shop I can click and it lets me send to plopsie but I cant set for sell

And yeah, a knitting shop with the clothing mannequins in another room was going to be my tailors' shop but here's a roadblock

Is it not possible to set for sale the clothing on the mannequins? It's a pity we cannot set for sale the knitted objects. In TS2 we could literally set everything for sale.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

Have you tried unlocking them for your household and then dressing the mannequin? That might work.
  • Options
    I suppose I haven't tried that, but there's so much more to just he clothes, all the potted stuff and furniture. I first noticed it on the mailbox that it couldn't be set for sale which I more or less get, but everything else that can be sold on plopsy should be able to sell regular retail as well.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I also noticed you cant put your knits in a storage box either. so there inventories get packed with their knits.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    This is disapointing.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    That is a shame. It would really have suited a more historical play to have a few socks to sell.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I also noticed you cant put your knits in a storage box either. so there inventories get packed with their knits.

Why do you keep all of it in the inventory, if I may ask? I either add them to wardrobe for CAS items (then the whole household can wear them), place the objects, sell on Plopsy or gift them. I never had more than 4 items in my Sim's inventory.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member

Hm, they told us that EVERY object with any clickable interaction could be set for sale (future-pack proof, they said it would always work). :angry:

And, haha, I thought I played just a bit too but only have two knitted items and one Plopsy-ordered onesie (plus one item my sim had to frog because resuming was no longer an option on the first hat). So maybe that's actually somewhat less than a bit I've played it, compared to your achievements.

"Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited July 2020
    Also, regarding the actual topic, I think if you unlock the items in BB (bb.showhiddenobjects) and place them, you should be able to set them for sale. I just saw someone post a knitting shop on Twitter the other day with all the BB objects, so my guess is that's how they did it. I will test this when I get home later.

Edited to add:
    If you go into the debug menu and fetch the items there you can set them for sale, at least most of them (I didn't try all).

vBM43Gk.jpg
    Post edited by Netzspannung on
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    You cant?!!! That is so disappointing if true. That was the first thing i wanted to try after unlocking more items. I tried selling them through the yard sales table but could not place/drag them. I am so sad right now, i dont want to use plopsy or the inventory to sell them.
  • Options
    Also, regarding the actual topic, I think if you unlock the items in BB (bb.showhiddenobjects) and place them, you should be able to set them for sale. I just saw someone post a knitting shop on Twitter the other day with all the BB objects, so my guess is that's how they did it. I will test this when I get home later.

Edited to add:
    If you go into the debug menu and fetch the items there you can set them for sale, at least most of them (I didn't try all).

vBM43Gk.jpg

Huh! Perhaps its just bug then, and they can fix is in the next patch! Thanks for looking into the hidden objects, I wouldn't have thought of that! Suppose I should have waited instead of buying the pack immediately haha.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    A knitting shop in real life is probably what I would refer to as a yarn shop. They sell yarn and often have a few knitted pieces just for display to show off the yarn so you can feel the drape of the fiber or to promote a certain pattern. Nobody really goes there to buy hand knits, at least not in my experience. Of course I wouldn’t tell you what kind of store you should have, but it really is more realistic this way if a yarn shop is what you’re going for.

There’s usually an area where people can gather with a table and chairs, for knitting classes or clubs. And all the good ones have a comfy sofa for the non-knitter spouse who got dragged along.
  • Options
    babajayne wrote: »
    A knitting shop in real life is probably what I would refer to as a yarn shop. They sell yarn and often have a few knitted pieces just for display to show off the yarn so you can feel the drape of the fiber or to promote a certain pattern. Nobody really goes there to buy hand knits, at least not in my experience. Of course I wouldn’t tell you what kind of store you should have, but it really is more realistic this way if a yarn shop is what you’re going for.

You're right, of course. We used to have one near me. That wouldn't be too much fun in the game though so having purchasable items sounds more interesting.

I recently read a novel called The Vampire Knitting Club, and there's a wool shop that features as one of the main locations in the book, so I'm thinking of doing something along those lines eventually.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member

Why do you keep all of it in the inventory, if I may ask? I either add them to wardrobe for CAS items (then the whole household can wear them), place the objects, sell on Plopsy or gift them. I never had more than 4 items in my Sim's inventory.

i only have about four items in the inventories, but they dont sell very quickly, so they will still be knitting, I have to donate them if I can't sell them, also has anyone been able to gift them to family members??? my child sim knitter knitted a beanie hat and wears it with her day clothes all the time lol.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited July 2020

You're right, of course. We used to have one near me. That wouldn't be too much fun in the game though so having purchasable items sounds more interesting.

I recently read a novel called The Vampire Knitting Club, and there's a wool shop that features as one of the main locations in the book, so I'm thinking of doing something along those lines eventually.
    I’d put balls of yarn on display in a bunch of colors. Selling the knitting bags would make sense too. Any of the knitted objects that aren’t CAS seem like they’d be saleable. I’ve never tried running a retail shop since TS2, so I’m not sure how it works - does the game usually let you sell CAS items? I don’t see the point so I’ve never tried, although now that we have craftable ones I do see the point in it.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I’d put balls of yarn on display in a bunch of colors. Selling the knitting bags would make sense too. Any of the knitted objects that aren’t CAS seem like they’d be saleable. I’ve never tried running a retail shop since TS2, so I’m not sure how it works - does the game usually let you sell CAS items? I don’t see the point so I’ve never tried, although now that we have craftable ones I do see the point in it.

Yeah, you can use the mannequin to set outfits and sell the clothes in that way. I placed a mannequin in a sim's house, briefly, and could add knitted clothing my sim had bought from Plopsy to it but I haven't yet attempted to buy a shop. I am probably going to try that at a later point with this household but they need a bit more money first.
    Post edited by Mariefoxprice83 on
  • Options

There’s usually an area where people can gather with a table and chairs, for knitting classes or clubs. And all the good ones have a comfy sofa for the non-knitter spouse who got dragged along.

Maybe a knitting studio is more what I mean, I work in a pottery studio/gallery/shop irl so was basing it off that (since potterty was skipped over...) and had plans to have club for a knitting room too, probably where I got the knitting shop from lol. Honeestly it's just a community space at this point lol, with some retail salted in lol Also, we can't sell the knitting bags either

• Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

Yeah, you can use the mannequin to set outfits and sell the clothes in that way. I placed a mannequin in a sim's house, briefly, and could add knitted clothing my sim had bought from Plopsy to it but I haven't yet attempted to buy a shop. I am probably going to try that at a later point with this household but they need a bit more money first.

Oh yes. I have never tried to sell clothes. You use one of the mannequins for clothing. Thank you!
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Maybe a knitting studio is more what I mean, I work in a pottery studio/gallery/shop irl so was basing it off that (since potterty was skipped over...) and had plans to have club for a knitting room too, probably where I got the knitting shop from lol. Honeestly it's just a community space at this point lol, with some retail salted in lol Also, we can't sell the knitting bags either

A while back I tried to make a beach shop like you see close to the seafront and in holiday resorts and was disapppointed that you can't sell beach towels. I wish they gave us more flexibility with this sort of thing.
  • Options
    Yeah. let's just sell everything please haha. Sims 2 with open for business was really the best, I remember just putting random things down and sold anything I could. More variety please!