Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GENERATION theory & BABIES

Right, I have a theory. So they added bunk beds to sims mobile, they can’t not add them to the sims after that. Bunk beds = kids or toddlers? Baby hints, and all the reminiscing thought bubbled hinting at generations. In the article about the 6 month road map, they mentioned an update in summer. “The team has also been hard at work on some new surprise additions we plan to bring to the game over the summer.” So maybe a smaller version of generations (say just family interactions and stuff) in October time and a baby update during August/sept? They have to be doing something with babies, the hints are major!
Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
Sims 4, 25th December 2014

Comments

• Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    Also the future cube hints:
    ‘Somebody is definitely going to get exactly what they want’. Before the announcement no one wanted knitting or eco lifestyle (it wasn’t spoke about much so babies are something many people have been asking for.
    ‘Without a doubt,that going we talked about will come to be, as all the signs are pointing to the answer that we agreed upon in our last discussion’. Maybe referring to the hints of babies ‘signs are pointing to the answer’ and the many community polls about what gereration we want to be improved and babies being one of them, ‘last discussion.’ ‘We talked about’
    ‘The future Is soon’ they have discussed improving babies ‘in the future’ before

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Knitting was the community voted pack, so I'd argue against that being something "no one wanted" as enough people voted for it. And I think the summer update was just the micro lights and naming cowplants, though I'd be happy to be wrong on that count. However, changing up Babies is a Major Change and the road map post implied that the summer additions weren't going to be major changes.

But I do think that something with babies is in the works, and schools/a further expansion for kids and teens as well. Whether we'll see them this year... I'm less certain.

As for a Generations inspired mini-update... eh, maybe. I mean, more family interactions are likely - especially if a child/teen school pack is coming, but probably nothing clearly intended as a "generations lite" patch.
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Knitting was the community voted pack, so I'd argue against that being something "no one wanted" as enough people voted for it. And I think the summer update was just the micro lights and naming cowplants, though I'd be happy to be wrong on that count. However, changing up Babies is a Major Change and the road map post implied that the summer additions weren't going to be major changes.

But I do think that something with babies is in the works, and schools/a further expansion for kids and teens as well. Whether we'll see them this year... I'm less certain.

As for a Generations inspired mini-update... eh, maybe. I mean, more family interactions are likely - especially if a child/teen school pack is coming, but probably nothing clearly intended as a "generations lite" patch.

That’s why I said ‘before the announcement’ yes people obviously wanted knitting because they voted before it, but no one was talking about it before.
    The sims often say it’s nothing major and then it is. I would also class the summer update as being in what is the school kids summer holidays as they usually release things such as packs, updates, hints and sales during the holidays. So I wouldn’t say that was the update they were talking about

• NicoleaNicolea Posts: 48 Member
    Honestly I really believe the next game pack will be something deal with kids if you guys remember sim guru grant was asked would they do an ep like the sims 3 generation for the four the sims 4 I can’t find the tweet at the moment but basically he responded that sims 3 generation wasn’t a big hit which was surprising because it’s one of my favorite expansion he went on to say that they would probably do something alone the lines of breaking each age group apart rather than an actually expansion.... which bring me to believe that the next game pack would be something for babies to kids only which would be something different and never done before on the last survey it’s was asking about high schools but did not say anything about elementary kids and younger that’s my thought hopefully we will find something out soon: )
    Nicolea wrote: »
    Honestly I really believe the next game pack will be something deal with kids if you guys remember sim guru grant was asked would they do an ep like the sims 3 generation for the four the sims 4 I can’t find the tweet at the moment but basically he responded that sims 3 generation wasn’t a big hit which was surprising because it’s one of my favorite expansion he went on to say that they would probably do something alone the lines of breaking each age group apart rather than an actually expansion.... which bring me to believe that the next game pack would be something for babies to kids only which would be something different and never done before on the last survey it’s was asking about high schools but did not say anything about elementary kids and younger that’s my thought hopefully we will find something out soon: )

Yesss! They did a kids stuff pack and toddlers. Maybe they will do a baby update and then a game pack to go along? Maybe a game pack because there’s a lot more to add for babies than toddlers and kids

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I can't really see them devoting a GP to babies -- SP possibly if there is a baby update (though they'll have to deal with players who may already have the object babies currently in their game saves; converting those to actual Sims may be a big programming problem).

As for family interactions, we sort of got those with Parenthood, unless we get another GP that deals with all family age groups (especially adults/elders -- those age groups are pretty much ignored in favor of YAs). Reworking of relationships so that grandparents have more significance perhaps, and maybe even acknowledging in-laws in the relationship panel.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I'll admit I was more skeptical when I first started this thread than now, but I do really doubt babies would get a GP. It would be something new, the life stage has never gotten that much attention, but I don't know how much we could do with them before you start infringing on toddlers. I also seriously doubt that they would expand on pregnancy too much either, but who knows. Maybe it would be a patch with a romance pack.
    [quote="Leahmiller2006;c-17592974"][quote="Nicolea;c-17592841"]Honestly I really believe the next game pack will be something deal with kids if you guys remember sim guru grant was asked would they do an ep like the sims 3 generation for the four the sims 4 I can’t find the tweet at the moment but basically he responded that sims 3 generation wasn’t a big hit which was surprising because it’s one of my favorite expansion he went on to say that they would probably do something alone the lines of breaking each age group apart rather than an actually expansion.... which bring me to believe that the next game pack would be something for babies to kids only which would be something different and never done before on the last survey it’s was asking about high schools but did not say anything about elementary kids and younger that’s my thought hopefully we will find something out soon: )[/quote]

Yesss! They did a kids stuff pack and toddlers. Maybe they will do a baby update and then a game pack to go along? Maybe a game pack because there’s a lot more to add for babies than toddlers and kids[/quote]

[quote="Leahmiller2006;c-17592974"][quote="Nicolea;c-17592841"]Honestly I really believe the next game pack will be something deal with kids if you guys remember sim guru grant was asked would they do an ep like the sims 3 generation for the four the sims 4 I can’t find the tweet at the moment but basically he responded that sims 3 generation wasn’t a big hit which was surprising because it’s one of my favorite expansion he went on to say that they would probably do something alone the lines of breaking each age group apart rather than an actually expansion.... which bring me to believe that the next game pack would be something for babies to kids only which would be something different and never done before on the last survey it’s was asking about high schools but did not say anything about elementary kids and younger that’s my thought hopefully we will find something out soon: )[/quote]

Yesss! They did a kids stuff pack and toddlers. Maybe they will do a baby update and then a game pack to go along? Maybe a game pack because there’s a lot more to add for babies than toddlers and kids[/quote]

I don’t think they would do an entire GP just for babies now I could see them doing one for babies toddlers and kids
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    I hope a Childhood GP will be released.

The children were really neglected in the development of the basegame compared to The Sims 2.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    ‘Somebody is definitely going to get exactly what they want’

lilsimsie got the Cowplant name :p
    [quote="LeGardePourpre;c-17593023"]I hope a Childhood GP will be released.

The children were really neglected in the development of the basegame compared to The Sims 2.[/quote]

This is exactly what I believe the next game pack is
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I wish
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    A bunk bed definitely does not equal a toddler, that’s just completely unsafe. Though when the future cube mentioned it, i believe it is a bunk bed. But some were saying for a romance destination pack, which it just wouldn’t fit in either. I want to believe a generational type pack is coming but people in the past said parenthood is the generational pack. I hope they’re wrong. Remember in the survey they gave out about private schools? I really hope university was just like a small test between having 2 schools in one world or pack. I hope from DU Pack that they realized a private school(s) is possible. We going to find out soon enough, isn’t the 6month “roadmap” coming to an end
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited July 2020
    I hope they will just release a Generations expansion in November with Free Babies as the pre pack update.
    I do not expect anything mind blowing in the next patch or two, since they said they have some ''fun things'' but they weren't going to be game changing. Freeing babies is a pretty game changing thing (so are cars though).

So the only thing we can hope for is that they dedicate time to produce a proper Generations Expansion Pack in the near future.
    Also still wondering what happened to the horses, since there is coding in the game files since forever, and they updated that coding/added new ones not that long ago, so hmm.

What the next packs are going to be is only pure speculation because the biggest themes they have already done (except for Generations imo).
  • AlveAlve Posts: 101 Member
    A bunk bed definitely does not equal a toddler, that’s just completely unsafe. Though when the future cube mentioned it, i believe it is a bunk bed. But some were saying for a romance destination pack, which it just wouldn’t fit in either. I want to believe a generational type pack is coming but people in the past said parenthood is the generational pack. I hope they’re wrong. Remember in the survey they gave out about private schools? I really hope university was just like a small test between having 2 schools in one world or pack. I hope from DU Pack that they realized a private school(s) is possible. We going to find out soon enough, isn’t the 6month “roadmap” coming to an end

Does anybody remember which month the roadmap came out?
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Okay, I've got to ask, and I know this kinda veers off topic a bit - why do people want Generations type updates seemingly only as a Generations pack? I mean, I looked at what was on Sims Wiki, and it looked to me like a bunch of disparate pack ideas that they couldn't/didn't want to expand into full expansions but didn't meet the definition of Stuff Packs for Sims 3. I mean, there was a theme for each life state, but no overall theme beyond that, and "Generations" itself isn't really a theme.

Sims 4 can develop those themes into individual packs, and I believe it was said somewhere that such was the plan. Do they need to get on the ball and get those packs out the door? Sure. Do we need more stuff for children, teens and elders? yes. I just don't get why some people insist that they come in all the same pack without also having some sort of cross generational theme beyond "growing up/old."
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited July 2020
    Okay, I've got to ask, and I know this kinda veers off topic a bit - why do people want Generations type updates seemingly only as a Generations pack? I mean, I looked at what was on Sims Wiki, and it looked to me like a bunch of disparate pack ideas that they couldn't/didn't want to expand into full expansions but didn't meet the definition of Stuff Packs for Sims 3. I mean, there was a theme for each life state, but no overall theme beyond that, and "Generations" itself isn't really a theme.

Sims 4 can develop those themes into individual packs, and I believe it was said somewhere that such was the plan. Do they need to get on the ball and get those packs out the door? Sure. Do we need more stuff for children, teens and elders? yes. I just don't get why some people insist that they come in all the same pack without also having some sort of cross generational theme beyond "growing up/old."

Because I don't want to buy 7000 packs to flesh out one theme (like they do at the moment). I don't want to pay 10 times for content that can come in one pack.

Imagine them selling cats/dogs and horses all in different packs. Or imagine them selling every season as a seperate pack all the time. No thanks.

Because we’re paying for 3 packs instead of one with it all! I get the fact they have to make money but to make a pack in the last franchise for it all and then make us pay separately in the next is awful! The theme generations is referring to each life stage, each generation

rudy8292 wrote: »

Because I don't want to buy 7000 packs to flesh out one theme (like they do at the moment). I don't want to pay 10 times for content that can come in one pack.

Imagine them selling cats/dogs and horses all in different packs. Or imagine them selling every season as a seperate pack all the time. No thanks.

Exactly! Or like a stuff pack for each uni degree 😂

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »

Exactly! Or like a stuff pack for each uni degree 😂

My First Graphic Design Bachelor's Degree
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

Well for me I like family play so it's only natural for me to want a whole pack based around it not that the stuff they put in other packs isn't appreciated it is
    more for sim kids and more drama please