Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[old] Broken/Updated Mods & CC: July 2020 Nifty Knitting Patch

Comments

• hope_direction1hope_direction1 Posts: 2 New Member
    I updated my game and now everytime i go to travel off my lot and visit another household or go to a bar once i click to go back home it loads and then just takes me back to the world select screen. Ive tried to go into a different household but it still does the same thing and its beyond frustrating.

HELP!
  • AlayafantAlayafant Posts: 36 Member
    Hi,

I believe Improved Autonomy During Loadscreen is not working - unless it's just me. Causing LEs.
  • ClaireneylonClaireneylon Posts: 12 New Member
    anyone else having issues with their columns? ive updated the extra columns mod and UI but theres funny DNA spirals that are the animal footprint ones (the same ones when making a mix breed dog) that are in the background of the hairs and clothes etc...
  • Gemmie12Gemmie12 Posts: 262 Member
    anyone else having issues with their columns? ive updated the extra columns mod and UI but theres funny DNA spirals that are the animal footprint ones (the same ones when making a mix breed dog) that are in the background of the hairs and clothes etc...

which version are you using and what's your screen resolution? I'm using the 5 column version with a resolution of 1920x1080, which is the minimum for the 5 column and I have no issues.
    CJcvgXD.png
    Lein Modded Legacy

OriginID/PSN: Gemmie12
  • llamasflullamasflu Posts: 221 Member
    llamasflu wrote: »
    I believe selectable pets by AOM is broken! Not sure if it was mentioned or has been broken longer. It worked fine for me until I got a puppy Yesterday! Any alternative suggestions for controlling pets?

That's the only mod of its kind that I know of, though someone else might know of one. Have you tested with no other mods installed and after deleting localthumbcache?

i think the fam cheats mod has a cheat to allow you to control pets?

it works! since this mod is updated on a regular basis, the seletable pets cheat would probably be fixed. i'm not sure about AOM since i took it out so i can test the fam cheats select pets cheat and it hasn't been updated in almost a year or 2 (i think) Sims 4 Family Management cheats
    tumblr_nvyznq2a181tiiy96o2_400.gifv
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    @llamasflu I think you're right! @Chanelliot12 Sims 4 Family Management Cheats (Elektron)

@hope_direction1 You're going to have to go through what's broken/updated on p. 1 here and, I'd suggest, on the previous Broken Mods post as well. If you have any 18+ mods, head to where you go them for info. If you still have problems, use the 50-50 system to find what's broken. You may also end up needing to roll back your save to a previous version.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    edited July 2020
    Updated Mods
    Updated CC
    New and Relevant
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    @luthienrising, the latest version showing for UI Cheats on Weerbesu's Patreon is July 23?
    @luthienrising, the latest version showing for UI Cheats on Weerbesu's Patreon is July 23?

So it is! Not sure why I got a delayed notification, and I'd already announced this one :disappointed:
    Deleting that now :)
    @Alayafant I haven't seen other reports of that. Is it happening when only that mod and Better Exceptions/MCCC are installed? BE can give you a good reading on the LE. Have you tested with just BE/MCCC, in case it's a base game issue? I may have a chance to try to duplicate later.
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    I believe selectable pets by AOM is broken! Not sure if it was mentioned or has been broken longer. It worked fine for me until I got a puppy Yesterday! Any alternative suggestions for controlling pets?

That's the only mod of its kind that I know of, though someone else might know of one. Have you tested with no other mods installed and after deleting localthumbcache?

it works! since this mod is updated on a regular basis, the seletable pets cheat would probably be fixed. i'm not sure about AOM since i took it out so i can test the fam cheats select pets cheat and it hasn't been updated in almost a year or 2 (i think) Sims 4 Family Management cheats

I really wonder why some of you guys have issues with the Selectable Pets Mod. I have it in my game since the first day of arrival and never had any issues nor LE’s using it. And I have most all packs installed. Therefore it should not be listed as “broken”. The mod works for all my friends too and never heard them complaining. I think that you guys are just using too many mods which causes conflicts.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• llamasflullamasflu Posts: 221 Member
    LuvMySimz wrote: »

I really wonder why some of you guys have issues with the Selectable Pets Mod. I have it in my game since the first day of arrival and never had any issues nor LE’s using it. And I have most all packs installed. Therefore it should not be listed as “broken”. The mod works for all my friends too and never heard them complaining. I think that you guys are just using too many mods which causes conflicts.

i didn't say that i had issues with the mod. it's been working just fine for me :) i took it out so i can see if the other mod does the same thing.... that's all.
    tumblr_nvyznq2a181tiiy96o2_400.gifv
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    note: even though we can use MC's teleporter now Andrew has actually updated Scumbo's teleporter now.
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited July 2020
    MadameLee wrote: »
    note: even though we can use MC's teleporter now Andrew has actually updated Scumbo's teleporter now.
    Yep! That's on page 1.

Updated Mods
    Updated CC
    Reported Fine by Creator
    • kou.: Restaurant And Vet Level10
  • pinkyash10pinkyash10 Posts: 19 Member
    It seems all custom cribs are broken. The sim can't get to the baby. :( Is there any way to maybe fix them?
  • discoduck227discoduck227 Posts: 62 Member
    Thank you @simgirl542 I was just about to ask if anyone had any news on the education system mod. I'm glad to know I can put it back.
    edited July 2020
    pinkyash10 wrote: »
    It seems all custom cribs are broken. The sim can't get to the baby. :( Is there any way to maybe fix them?

I haven't seen any fixes for any of the default baby content yet, I'm afraid. EDIT - Not true 20 minutes later! See below.
    Post edited by luthienrising on
    Updated Mods
    Custom Color Loading Screen (Ahinana)
    Updated CC
  • amethystlilacamethystlilac Posts: 94 Member
    bakie has updated his broken eco window. Now all of those windows are slotted like they should have been in the first place
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited August 2020
    I've been having problems with odd job and freelancer gigs not showing up in my game and after struggling with my mods for hours I was able to narrow the issue down to Unlisted Phone Numbers, a mod created by Scumbumbo. After taking it out and jumping through hoops the odd jobs and gigs appeared once again.

But there's more to it than that. The mod itself isn't broken and technically "works." The spoiler contains a lot of my ramblings as to the possible reason why it was breaking odd jobs. I'm leaving this in the thread on the off chance someone else experiences or is experiencing the same issue with the mod.
    Here's the thing. The mod has been giving me last exceptions for weeks, and I brushed it off because I get LEs all the time - that was until I noticed a problem with odd jobs and gigs. In the process of trying to fix it there occurred a couple breaks in the odd jobs UI. The UI moved to the bottom right of my screen, most of the job offers were covered/blank, and you couldn't select anything. Note, this didn't happen during all my tests. But when it did the whole UI screen just looked wonky and a yellow horizontal line would appear when I tried freelancer gigs right after.

Now the mod itself DOES work. I tested it with a number of my other mods together, it's just when I had the whole folder in things would break. This made me believe that UPN was conflicting with another one of my mods, but I was so unsure about it all because I didn't believe I had another mod in akin to restricting phone calls. A recent last exception text document showed that there was an issue with NPC invites to go dancing at the Chalet and NPC invites to bar nights, but being that those are game mechanics it didn't help me pinpoint the conflicting mod. Now I'm in no way or shape a programmer or skilled at understanding codes, but the text file also identified a script file relating to UPN, along with the other exceptions. So perhaps a mod that modifies the tuning of NPC calls wasn't meshing well with UPN's way of limiting calls to sims of the player's choice. The only other mod that I have that affects NPC calls is KawaiiStacie's Slice of Life Mod, particularly the NPC Popup text package file. I haven't tested whether having it in as well as the UPN mod causes the same issue. Though I noticed that with UPN out the NPC texts occurred more often.

Anyways, all the mods mentioned DO work on their own, and although I'm not 100% about what conflicted, what is true was that something wasn't jelling with the Unlisted Phone Numbers mod and caused serious UI breakages.

I played a couple sim days with all my mods in except UPN and everything was working fine again. I know the developers recently did something to change the frequency of certain calls so I'm thinking that might have done something to start this. Okay that's enough of my rambling and speculation. I'm just glad my game is back to normal. I was pulling out my hair.

UPDATE: I received an odd job UI break after installing the latest version of Srsly's Complete Cooking Overhaul. I know instructions were to delete old versions of certain items before installing, but I have so many households with the add-on ingredients in their fridges that going in and deleting seemed too daunting so I just updated. Of course I got an LE which had this line: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference. &#10. And of course freelancer gigs broke again too. Thankfully I remembered not to save, took out the mod completely and played for a good hour without anymore breaks. There was an LE but it didn't cause any of the mentioned issues.

Conclusion and future steps: The mods themselves are fine, but mod conflicts suck, especially when you can't located what it is that's conflicting. I will have to go through each household and play without the Cooking Overhaul mod. Then once all the fridges are cleared I'll update and HOPE nothing else goes wrong. ;~;
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    @discoduck227 It can be put back, but after I reported it I went back into the game and discovered that it cancels out when the household is loaded. You have to put the toddler back into preschool every time the household is loaded which is annoying because it starts them over at Pre-K which can be annoying if your toddler has three days left and starts in 4.
    I also want to report that kids can enter preschool via the phone for some reason and they can't quit. They go to it like it's a job and skip going to school unless you cancel it out and send them to school instead.

I'm still a pretty new modder so I'm new at this reporting stuff too and apparently not very good at it either.
    It's usable, but broken. I decided to take out the preschool files and just send them to daycare and hope it gets fixed and doesn't wind up like the university mod that she did.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    Hello everyone :) Tmex-Coastal Pools And Basements is not working in Sulani.
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    edited August 2020
    Thanks @Kita5399, @discoduck227, @FurAndYarn and @simgirl542 !

Updated Mods

I am not sure which one to download for the no blue mod, they are all for game version 1.63.13 and I am on 1.65.70
    @abelhinha35 Yep, looks like that wasn't actually a new update for No Blu but rather one that reappeared in my feed for some reason. I'll delete it. For the the issues with the other mod, check the FAQ here https://www.patreon.com/posts/coastal-pools-28019098. If you still have issues, please do double check it with Twisted Mexi on his Discord server. He's active there.

@HopeyStarr Could you please bring that report to the Scumbumbo Mods Discord server? I have to say I haven't been having LEs from Unlisted Phone Numbers but if the mod conflicts can be narrowed down we can at least add a note about them to the Status page. Srsly is active on her Discord server and would definitely want to know about that mod conflict. I'll head over in a bit to see if there's any info on it there. For the freelancer gigs it was conflicting with, were these game ones or mod ones? I'll post notes here when I have the details sorted in my head. Sorry for all the questions!

@amethystlilac I thought that was a new mod not an update. Will go have a look at it again!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top