Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You know you're a TS3 addict when...

Comments

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    When you are writing a story...and you have two or three separate games that all funnel into the same story-line because you're trying to do a certain scene that could potentially muck up your original game and so you separate it into a different game. *Ahem...cough...Moonlight...Falls...save*.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Simsalot99Simsalot99 Posts: 100 Member
    When you live in build/buy. When you walk the dog and know how many tiles of wall, what kind of siding, windows, roof, trees, terrain paints, landscaping, and custom colors you need to recreate the buildings in the neighborhood. When you watch tv and notice a specific window, fence, building, world style, etc, and go nuts because it looks just like the Sims 3.
  • Simsalot99Simsalot99 Posts: 100 Member
    Or when the things you have to do in life become your queue. Fill bowl... clean sink... throw potion.... investigate weird lights... (no) Or wishes... sim wants to play video games... sim wants to make sink self cleaning... (never gonna happen) Or you compare your own feelings to moodlets and assign values to them, or assign your own feelings sims 3 moodlets. Not to mention relationships. That relationship bar...
  • ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    When it occurs to you that one day you're gonna die and your kids are going to go through your hard drives looking for items of significance only to find 20,000 screenshots of your Sims family and documents with names like "who i would cast to play my sims in a movie (version 2011).txt".
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    Archivist wrote: »
    When it occurs to you that one day you're gonna die and your kids are going to go through your hard drives looking for items of significance only to find 20,000 screenshots of your Sims family and documents with names like "who i would cast to play my sims in a movie (version 2011).txt".

@Archivist Right!? :lol:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    When you painstakingly recreate your apartment in-game, then set to creating another 7 identical apartments in the same building so that you can set up an apartment complex like your own using the Roommate system from University.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • MsDaisyMsDaisy Posts: 22 Member
    ... you download a bunch of custom content just for 1 hour later have a mental breakdown and delete it all and do the same thing at least two times a week.
    MsDaisy wrote: »
    ... you download a bunch of custom content just for 1 hour later have a mental breakdown and delete it all and do the same thing at least two times a week.

I don't really use much custom content. Actually, don't think I have any installed right now. But I am thinking of buying more Sim Points so I can snag more Store content. As if the $250 or $300 (can't remember exactly how many sim points I've bought so far) I've already spent isn't enough.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    When a new pack comes out for Sims 4 but you are too busy playing Sims 3 to care even though you did vote for it!
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    cwaddell wrote: »
    ...when you wake up in the morning thinking about what you plan to do for the day and realize it is all what you plan for your sims.

Or you dream about being a Sim and are saddened to realize it’s not real when you wake up!
  • MsDaisyMsDaisy Posts: 22 Member
    [quote="Faerie197;c-17619874"][quote="MsDaisy;c-17619646"]... you download a bunch of custom content just for 1 hour later have a mental breakdown and delete it all and do the same thing at least two times a week.[/quote]

I don't really use much custom content. Actually, don't think I have any installed right now. But I am thinking of buying more Sim Points so I can snag more Store content. As if the $250 or $300 (can't remember exactly how many sim points I've bought so far) I've already spent isn't enough.[/quote]

I'm thinking about buy simpoints too
    edited August 2020
    When you have a mental breakdown over the fact that you're doing a story-line that involves "making your own CC" and realize how many hours you are going to have to put in to just "setting it up".
    Tosh_Nakamura_FADM.png
    ...and instead of using ONE outfit for all of them...YOU CREATE EACH ONE SEPARATELY.
    tenor.gif
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    When the bathroom sink is broken, and you automatically grab a hammer to fix things.

In my defense, the problem was the cold water tap handle wasn't moving, so I was using a hammer to turn off the faucet. I then grabbed a small philips screwdriver to loosen the screw holding the handle in place enough that it can be moved back and forth. I hadn't used that handle in so long that it had apparently gotten rusted in place or something. So a hammer+screwdriver was enough to fix things.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    @KatyFernlily Wow! :open_mouth: Perfection! :star:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    @KatyFernlily I've stayed up all night many a night playing sims 3 but have never been as productive as that! Nice job.
  • KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,065 Member
    When you start listening to the Sims Radio music instead of your Spotify playlist while out on a walk, doing homework or... anything really.

Or- when you start to recreate your favourite Sims recipes in real life. Eggs machelvian just looks so good, dang it!
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    When you are playing and do not realize someone is phoning you, because your ringtone is a song from CAS.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
    edited November 2020
    Faerie197 wrote: »
    ...the problem was the cold water tap handle wasn't moving...I hadn't used that handle in so long that it had apparently gotten rusted in place or something.

taprunningfire.png
    ouch...
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • ErinaRoxErinaRox Posts: 17 Member
    @KatyFernlily wow your builds are stunning! Doing it in one night is impressive too, that kind of project would take me days lol
  • MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    @KatyFernlily I am in awe of your creations. I feel inspired, but I don't know if I could do 1/2 as well as you have.
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • thebriamonthebriamon Posts: 377 Member
    When I worked at a coffee shop, I remember imagining thinking of all my tasks queueing up above my head like in the sims. :D
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I know I'm a ts3 addict when i wrote a long-🐸🐸🐸🐸 personal bio for each of my sims
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • thebriamonthebriamon Posts: 377 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    I know I'm a ts3 addict when i wrote a long-❤️❤️❤️❤️ personal bio for each of my sims

I should really do this!
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    5000.png

Happy 5000 hours to me :wink:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top