Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you ever won the lottery without going to Oasis Landing?

JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
Hi, I'd like to start a new game about a teenager sim who is looking forward to the jackpot from lottery without going to the future. Will it be possible without seeing the past history of lottery in the future? Sorry for the bad English :)

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2020
    It is possible, but the odds of winning the top prizes like §1,000,000 are extremely low, with a slight bonus given for having the Lucky trait. The odds of winning smaller amounts are greater. Your sim may have to purchase many thousands of tickets before they see a huge jackpot, if they ever do.

Or of course they may win on the first try, anything is possible. But without cheating around with the tuning files, I wouldn't base my storyline on that possibility until it happens. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    Given how much time any action in the game takes up from your allotment per day, I usually avoid doing actions that normally don't have any measurable impact, either on the game or my amusement. Wasting my time to make sims buy lottery tickets is one of those instances.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited July 2020
    @igazor, Thanks. I don't need the top prize but I wish my sim would win about 100k for having a descent house on his own. :D I can have my sim get 10 tickets of lottery in one go. :D I will try!
    edited July 2020
    Turjan wrote: »
    Given how much time any action in the game takes up from your allotment per day, I usually avoid doing actions that normally don't have any measurable impact, either on the game or my amusement. Wasting my time to make sims buy lottery tickets is one of those instances.

Well..honestly, I've been tired of general sim life play since 2010. I've done almost same things over and over for several years. I'm just curious about the lottery system in game. I don't like lottery in real life either. I like to challenge in sims game and this is another challenge too.:)
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    I won like 10,000 once without going to oasis.

i've never ever been to oasis yet, i'll get around to it someday :P
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited July 2020
    Short answer is yes.

I have won it many times and that is only buying one ticket daily you can buy many of course.You don't need to travel it becomes a regular part of regular games.The only benefit to visiting the Future is doing a Micheal J Fox/Marty McFly and checking newspaper lottery records etc at city hall and getting numbers that won in the past.Huge boost to chance to win the JP

Remember in Back To The Future Marty tries to get that Sports almanac,it is the same concept you know what is going to happen so you bet on team X or play numbers XYZ

Start at 1:45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9c1k_m6POA

Sims 3 took a lot of lil cues from that movie

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
    McTosh wrote: »
    I won like 10,000 once without going to oasis.

i've never ever been to oasis yet, i'll get around to it someday :P

Awesome!! Hopefully, I wish to get that too! :D

@CravenLestat

Thanks for the movie. Actually, haven't seen this. I will watch whole movie later on. :)
    Thanks now I can dream of those sweet seomoleons in my game! :blush:

• CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited July 2020
    @Jeansoo OMG Back to the Future is a classic you will love it and also watch part two afterwards unlike some movie franchise sequels that one is good <3

PS: The windcarver skateboard in ITF was taken from that movie too

Click play below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkyLnWm1iCs

n9aG8F4.png

Not kidding am excited for you to see that movie a first time it is great!!!

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    back to the future is a classic.

a small part of me wishes we got to see an eric stoltz version though. from the clips i've seen he gave back to the future such a darker moodier version. which would have been perfect for these days.

Back then they wanted funny/quirky/light though :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wudNasQbv0
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
    @CravenLestat , @McTosh

Thank you all. I will definitely watch with my son this weekend if I have a good chance! :D
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    edited July 2020
    @McTosh - I think most of us were yearning for escape back then - hence the light-hearted and funny.

Reagan and Soviet Minister Andrei Gromyko were in the midst of nuclear arms negotiations back then...and everyone was still afraid of Soviet missiles landing in their backyard. Cold War was still on...and everyone was pretty much living day to day trying not to think about it. Yeah...lived through that - back during all that and when Back to the Future came out; I'd just finished Gr. 9 and was on summer holiday going into Gr. 10 year. Most of us in high-school back then went to school trying not to think about what was going on. We were old enough to know what was going on...and old enough to be scared about it. ;) We just hoped that nothing kicked off while we were in school and hopefully we'd see our parents at the end of the day. We just tried to tune it out of our heads. :)

There were directors back then that still liked to release "dark and moody" films... but I think a lot of us wanted to just not think about "what could happen..." or see the angst in life.

After all, two years prior, Nicholas Meyer released this movie: The Day After exposing our deepest fears about the whole situation at the time.
    1811b5ee-27cd-4e69-8c81-f62037a95178.png

Most of us had our fill of "dark and moody" at least back then. If we were going to go up in a mushroom cloud, at least we'd go out laughing...if we watched something funny.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    If you use NRAAS, and dont mind a little cheating, you can give your sim the buff from Oasis Landing for winning. One thing to note though, how high your Advanced Technology skill is what determines the buff effect.