Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nifty knitting did you know

Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
Did you know you can get sweater curses
Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
Post edited by Cavapoo_King on

Comments

• Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Bumping the thread :smile:
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    That's cute :P How cool would a sweater/jumper curse be though? I'd make a caster just to do that!
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    The sweater curse is where you make a sweater for your significant other and then they bail. You would need a high relationship for the curse to kick in. A sim who has completed the Lord/Lady of the Knits aspiration aspiration can reverse the curse.

It’s a nice and small touch, but you can donate your knitting projects to charity.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    peragogo wrote: »
    The sweater curse is where you make a sweater for your significant other and then they bail. You would need a high relationship for the curse to kick in. A sim who has completed the Lord/Lady of the Knits aspiration aspiration can reverse the curse.

It’s a nice and small touch, but you can donate your knitting projects to charity.

I wonder if the curse kicks in only if you gift the sweater to your significant other. They said you can add knitted clothes to the CAS inventory and the whole household can use them. So, I wonder if the curse will affect relationships if they wear it after it becomes available in CAS.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Oh! The curse is for real? I thought the OP was kidding :p Interesting...
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    The stuff pack has been released! Let's download it and get discovering it!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited July 2020
    Did You Know?

Sims who rock together side by side can flirt,blow kisses,chat and can chat while knitting.

If your married sim gifts clothing to her spouse both of them can wear it.

Stuff that isn't in Nifty Knitting can show on Plopsee to buy. I saw some potions from Realm of Magic.

Rocking chairs make a creaking noise.
  • wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    you have a knitting bag or box you can put in your sim's inventory to enable them to knit...some folks said it seems to be a high draw for their sims to stop what they were suppose to go to do ..and knit instead...so just drag the bag/box out of the inventory to solve that issue ..you can just click on it for your sim to add to inventory the next time you want them to knit.
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    wickichick wrote: »
    you have a knitting bag or box you can put in your sim's inventory to enable them to knit...some folks said it seems to be a high draw for their sims to stop what they were suppose to go to do ..and knit instead...so just drag the bag/box out of the inventory to solve that issue ..you can just click on it for your sim to add to inventory the next time you want them to knit.

This is what I do. Easy fix!
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,321 Member
    The decorative yarn ball that has no purpose, has a purpose to cats and raccoons :)EWXsVrg.png
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Okay kind of a did you know but also a question.

Did you know sims can’t multitask at all while knitting. Is this just me? Can’t talk, listen to music or do anything.
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,321 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »

Did you know sims can’t multitask at all while knitting. Is this just me? Can’t talk, listen to music or do anything.

My sims partner spoke to her but she didn't reply back at all. She was too focused on knitting. For music though, do you mean the regular stereos and radios or the buds from the fitness pack? I don't use radios or stereos in my households but the earbuds seem to work.
    hMDlGTX.png
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member

My sims partner spoke to her but she didn't reply back at all. She was too focused on knitting. For music though, do you mean the regular stereos and radios or the buds from the fitness pack? I don't use radios or stereos in my households but the earbuds seem to work.
    hMDlGTX.png

Neither works 😕. Earbuds nor regular stereos. Hmm wondering if I have a bug or something.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

It's just you :/ maybe needs a bug report. My sim happily listens to music, watches tv, or chats while knitting. Try starting them listening to music or watching tv and then start the knitting. There is a bug with the earbuds also. Turning on metal or focus will generate and LE error.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Knitting de-stressed your sims and lowers sad and tense moodlets. It might also lower angry moodlets, but I haven't checked yet.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Sims can knit on the toilet. One of my sims did it when I had her actions queued up. I guess she just never left the bathroom. :/
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Sims can knit on the toilet. One of my sims did it when I had her actions queued up. I guess she just never left the bathroom. :/

Nifty 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Did you know that the Yarny statue moves?
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I started a knitting club and gave each member a yarn box, but there isn't the interaction to knit together. and my sims can't knit and talk, I have the whole family as knitters but they can't knit and talk together. which is sad.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I started a knitting club and gave each member a yarn box, but there isn't the interaction to knit together. and my sims can't knit and talk, I have the whole family as knitters but they can't knit and talk together. which is sad.

But is there a knitting activity for clubs? And what about knitting level requirement?
    Oh yes I also thought you could teach others to knit, but I can't find that interaction either. even when both have a yarn box in their inventories.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    Sims can knit while sitting in canoes (Island Living).

Imagine you are knitting on a boat, surrounded by water and waves and wind. You are rocking back and forth and don't need a rocking chair...

I'm a little sad that sims can't knit in slotted chairs (behind a table or desk), though at least they say sorry for it in-game.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    @EgonVM now you have given me an idea for combining two of my hobbies :D why have I never thought to take my knitting canoeing with me? Lol.
    telmarina wrote: »

But is there a knitting activity for clubs? And what about knitting level requirement?

yes there is a knitting activity, but they dont do it together, they may sit when each chooses to sit and knit, but there is no, "lets sit and knit together, which is a pity because my sim could increase relationships and be earning money and skill at the same time.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Knitting whilst watching the cooking channel increases both skills at the same time :)

Annotation%202020-07-31%20100840%20%282%29.png?dl=0