Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Scarves?

Will this pack perhaps give us scarves that we can use in the necklace slot? If so then that might be a cool (and potentially worth my money).
I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD

Comments

• sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    Not that we can see, but scarves would definitely be awesome.
    Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    Yes. Why can't we knit one or buy one on Plopsie to put in our CAS?
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    We may find them under winter wear. Living in snow country as I do, I have a knitted scarf that matches my knitted cap.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    I thought it was said in the live stream that scarves wouldn't be separate from the clothing? Maybe I'm thinking of something else...
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »
    I thought it was said in the live stream that scarves wouldn't be separate from the clothing? Maybe I'm thinking of something else...

They're not separate from the sweaters. Don't know why they cannot make them like necklaces. :neutral:
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    There are tops that hide the necklace slot and other tops that scarves would definitely clip with.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited July 2020
    That and sims would keep their scarves on everywhere, even inside.
    peragogo wrote: »
    There are tops that hide the necklace slot and other tops that scarves would definitely clip with.

Dianesims wrote: »

You only need to add scarves to outfits where it makes sense, big woolen scarves for cold weather and thin scarves for everyday use. if they make the big woolen scarves big enough, you could add them to any winter outfit without any clipping issues.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    I know, but it already annoys me to see my sims wearing coats and winter hats inside....Other than that I'd like scarves.
    crocobaura wrote: »

You only need to add scarves to outfits where it makes sense, big woolen scarves for cold weather and thin scarves for everyday use. if they make the big woolen scarves big enough, you could add them to any winter outfit without any clipping issues.

I know, but it already annoys me to see my sims wearing coats and winter hats inside....Other than that I'd like scarves.
    crocobaura wrote: »

I don't get that issue with my sims. They seem to have coded mostly sweaters as winter clothing, I don't mind if they wear them inside as that is normal. I have an issue with them wearing only sweaters outside during a blizzard, no wonder they die from cold so often.
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    That's one thing I was sad about with the pack. I was really hoping for separated scarves because I like to be able to mix and match them with outfits.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Bummer! I already have a few cc scarves in my game, they are in the necklace category. I set them to "no random use by npc", meaning I have full control who use them with what. Separate scarves would have been so much better, and I assumed there would be lots of color and pattern variations, good for gifting, and cute if poorly knitted.

Looking forwards to getting this pack even so ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,061 Member
    edited July 2020
    Yup. I was very surprised when I didn't see any scarves as a clothing option when we were taking the surveys.

Scarves are the very first thing just about every new knitter learns to make in the real world because it's the easiest thing to make, literally. Making a simple long scarf helps you to experiment with all the different types of knitting stitches until you've perfected them enough to move on to making other more complicated things like socks, hats, mitts, sweaters, etc.

When I was young (a gazillion years ago when dinosaurs still roamed the earth), I remember my mom was learning how to knit and she made these crazy 8 foot long scarves for both my brother and I. We could wrap these things around our neck and head like ten times before finally having a short enough end to tie so it wouldn't drag on the ground. LOL

I have fond memories of all the wacky coloured scarves my mom made us those first couple of winters. I guess we were her knitting guinea pigs until she gained enough skill to move on to other things. :)
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I have CC scarves from the Henry Puffer CC pack but I hardly ever use them because I have to make sure that they don't cause clipping. I like the new scarf/jumper sets with Nifty Knitting though but it would have been great to have some separate scarves.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I am just her to chime in that I too am disappointed we didn’t get separated scarves in the necklace slot, I was really hoping that would be a thing with this pack. I still love the pack though and am having lots of fun with it in my game.
  • rachelwolferachelwolfe Posts: 110 Member
    I'd like to echo what's been said. Gurus, if you're reading, a game update that separates all scarves from tops and makes them necklaces instead would be much appreciated.
  • WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
    I'd like to echo what's been said. Gurus, if you're reading, a game update that separates all scarves from tops and makes them necklaces instead would be much appreciated.

Yes, I want scarves separated from clothing and put in the neck slot. I know there might be some issues with clipping but I would love it anyway. Because there are outfits that I love that I wouldn't hate having a scarf with.
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I was disappointed by this too. I thought the one thing we'd definitely be able to knit would be individual scarfs!

I was also surprised by the fact that we cannot knit mittens.