Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The bed is under used.

Many years have passed and yet our Sims can not watch television in bed or read a book. Maybe even use the tablet. Then comes the romance stuff which I'll leave to CLP.

Comments

• sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    I'd love to see more use of the bed as well. Watch TV, movies, play video games, relax, read a book, use tablet, write in journal, listen to music, etc.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Yes I miss relaxing on the bed and being able to do these kinds of things in 3. Maybe one day.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Agreed. Imagine kids playing with legos in their beds, teens FaceTiming on their phones, adults reading by a nightlight, etc. So much personality could be added to the game, but never is.
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    100%

Not being able to watch tv or read or browse the internet on the phone in bed is ridiculous. Cuddling and pillow talk almost seem like too much to ask, they can't even lounge on couches, I hate how they sit up straight when watching a movie.
  • ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    My sims are using it much more since I installed whicked whims :wink:
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    They can't even watch tv on a chair half the time. I doubt they could manage to do it on a bed. :D
  • sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    Yeah, great observations. Why can't our Sims read on the bed, but they can sit and chat on the bed? Interesting!

Can kids jump on beds?
    Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    My Sims have never finished reading a book but they love there television. The bedroom is a important part of any household.
  • S3bSterS3bSter Posts: 32 Member
    Agree with this.
    There are only two things that I use the bed for.

1) Sleep
    2) You know the other reason for a bed

It be good to get a few of the suggestions mentioned her provided. Definitely the book and use tablet/phone.
    That's real life traits there.
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    Reading, speaking on the phone, just relaxing, relaxing and talking together, watching tv, using a tablet or even a laptop, spooning and napping togeter, eating a bag of crisps, or cookies in bed and getting an uncomfortable moodlet next time sleeping... :D
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited August 2020
    everything is under used in this game that's why people keeps reiterating how limited and repetitive ts4 gameplay is, for being a life simulator it only simulates lag
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited August 2020

Can kids jump on beds?

Nope. I would buy a dev at EA lunch for a week if they'd only allow beds to remain unmade sometimes. Good grief.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Many years have passed and yet our Sims can not watch television in bed or read a book. Maybe even use the tablet. Then comes the romance stuff which I'll leave to CLP.

What is CLP, just out of curiosity?

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    CLP is short for a member of this community that has been around a long time.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I think it would be nice if toddlers could sleep in double beds and jump on them for fun.