Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thoughts on The Sims Spark'd...

12345679...Next

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    @Scobre I think I’m starting to understand better what you’re saying. It sounds like it’s the public reaction that is bothering you and when you say there was racism and sexism, the claim is made because it was perceived this way by the community and not because of specific actions that were taken. If there was something specific you would have explained it by now, right?

I think some people are more sensitive than others, and perception is often projection. I don’t think it’s possible to put out any product right now without such accusations being made. What we can control is how much credit we give them. I give them none without evidence.
    Exactly. That is what is upsetting me. So true. Thank you for understanding.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • NausNaus Posts: 405 Member
    It IS a waste of time and resources. Whatever this show cost that money could've and should've been used to improve the game and fix the countless bugs it has, even if it was just a small amount of moeny.
  • SchmoloopSchmoloop Posts: 116 Member
    I just finished watching the second episode of Spark'd and it's way better than the first. Both episodes kept my attention and I actually didn't hate it. As with everything, it wasn't perfect and a few things should be changed. This might be an unpopular opinion, but I don't think the prize at the end should be 100,000, but instead something Sims related. When there's a chance to win 100,000, the game can become more stressful than fun. Other than a few things, I like Spark'd and I'll continue to watch future episodes.
    。゚゚・。・゚゚。
    .~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~..~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'
     ゚・。・
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Huge waste of time and resources. We always hear the same story of them having limited resources but they decide to give said resources away. The $100,000 prize should have been used on making Sims 4 better.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• NyxValkoinenNyxValkoinen Posts: 15 Member
    I wouldn't mind a Sims show - If EA had the budget for it. But they do not. If they did, they would have a larger budget for their actual games. Except whenever any suggestions are given to them or questions as to why they didn't add something in, their instant go to answer is "Oh we didn't have the budget." But... You have the budget for a full on show... Right. Why not give that money to the actual DEVELOPERS OF THE GAME THAT MADE THIS SHOW IN THE FIRST PLACE instead of making the show at all? There are so many problems with Sims 4 that devs themselves have said they'd love to fix but can't afford to, so why not support them in their work of making the game better?
  • FrankieDanySIMSFrankieDanySIMS Posts: 152 Member
    Schmoloop wrote: »
    I just finished watching the second episode of Spark'd and it's way better than the first. Both episodes kept my attention and I actually didn't hate it. As with everything, it wasn't perfect and a few things should be changed. This might be an unpopular opinion, but I don't think the prize at the end should be 100,000, but instead something Sims related. When there's a chance to win 100,000, the game can become more stressful than fun. Other than a few things, I like Spark'd and I'll continue to watch future episodes.

I agree totally with @Schmoloop but also the opinions about spending money to make the Sims4 better are a valid point of view 👍🏻
    The good as always stands in the middle.
    7b98023048724ecd9dea27351744b46c.png
  • amberlunezamberlunez Posts: 52 Member
    I've only watched the first episode and half of the second. I think it's a really cool concept. I am not into the community enough/do not really use youtube enough to actually know who literally anyone on there is, so the contestants do not affect my feelings on it whatsoever. I feel like the challenges themselves are a little lacking so far (mind you, have not even watched the full second episode) but they're like...both super vague and too specific simultaneously??? And...I don't fully understand the standards they're using to judge them. Like I feel that in any good competitive reality show, the challenges have to be good and the judging has to make sense - the standards have to be clear. Also thought it was weird that the first two episodes were both group challenges?? With everyone in the same roles?? I also feel like the way it's set up does not make sense. First challenge has a losing team, but nothing happens to them. And that initial win/loss seems to have no effect on the second challenge. I guess I'm comparing it to the structure of Drag Race, Project Runway, and Dragula - the judges all have something to do with the subject matter in some way or another (besides the guest judge), they have solid critiques (like even though the critiques are going to be subjective, they do argue their points in a somewhat objective way), and they usually do a mini challenge with just a winner, and then the main challenge where the winner has the upper hand in something. I feel like that makes more sense.
    Anyway, with all that being said, I do think the show is cute! It's weird to see a show based on the sims and that novelty has not worn off for me yet, but I don't think it's objectively the best show haha.
  • amberlunezamberlunez Posts: 52 Member
    I will say after quickly scrolling through the comments a bit, I think everyone is taking the concept of the show way too seriously. It's a competition show. It doesn't mean they're 'going to make sims competitive'. What they're doing on the show has no bearing on your game play lol. I really don't understand the backlash in that regard. It's going to have drama because it's a competitive reality tv show. If it were anything but that, it would just be your fave simmer on twitch building a house...which is like...already a thing.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited August 2020
    Loot wrote: »
    I think it will crash and burn imo

I'm pretty sure it did lol. The Youtube views were barely enough for a mainstream Youtuber. I don't even know anyone who watched it on TV.

Also, just look at how dead this section of the forums is. I haven't seen any comments on Reddit, Facebook or other social media about it at all.
    Post edited by bixters on