Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sims keep saying there's something in the way?

2...Next

Comments

• MariesaliasMariesalias Posts: 1,954 Member
    edited August 2013
    There can be things that can be invisible called solcialjigs that can block our sims.

I have had them in the past and not realized what they were, though a couple times they looked like ovals in buy/build mode and not invisible but they were undeletable and would stay with the house even if I made a copy to the library.

There is a process to get rid of them but it is beyond what I am willing to do with my game and I do not fully understand it with the little I've read on it so I can not help anyone with them. But some searching would bring answers if your were really interested.

I will say that it is MUCH preferable to use the teleport here cheat then to use moveobject on, on a sim. I have read in multiple places that using MOO on sims causes issues with your game. And I can say from experience with my own games when I have used this cheat for modeling pictures that it definitely causes lag and eventually corruption of the save. My game in general, does seem to be more sensitive to MOO then many other people's though but it is good to be aware of this.
  • brianAkainbrianAkain Posts: 7 New Member
    edited November 2013
    while in my house my sim says there is something in the way when it walks into the house it shows the foundation like they are standing in the foundation but shows them standing above it
  • martawolfmartawolf Posts: 10 New Member
    edited November 2013
    I am having this problem. A lot. And not just with one sim... My horses too. There is nothing around them at all and they keep saying they can't move but they don't say what is in the way. Once I move them with moveobjects on they move... but before that they just stand there. Is there any fix? I know for a fact that nothing was blocking them. oh yea, and thye like the just float through the floors too.
  • MaheenKhan6MaheenKhan6 Posts: 2
    edited December 2013
    I have a problem. So basically I put a double bed in the room (the B.R.A.🐸🐸🐸🐸 Double Bed) and one of my sims(Brandon) I put to bed. And then when I try to put my other sim (Jac) in the same double bed, it says in the bubble that Brandon (btw they're friends incase you were wondering!) is in the way and that he is blocking the way. It's a double bed right? So two people can sleep on it! Help please x :(
  • MissBlackPearlMissBlackPearl Posts: 3
    edited May 2014
    I know the thread is old but I'm having the same problem. And it's right in front of the elevator under my apartment so it's kind of a big deal... I cal teleport my sims out, sure, but I can't have visitors because of it! Almost the entire "entrance" room of the apartment building is blocked, I can't even click "Go here" except from just by the walls, so they can't reach the elevator. Sometimes they have a bubble with crossed over footsteps, sometimes with a crossed over door that is not even there...
  • mayaashmayaash Posts: 4 New Member
    This is happening to me too! But only on a certain lot even though NOTHING is blocking them! It's so annoying!
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    Hey @mayaash ... Welcome to the forums.

If it is only happening on a particular lot, then there is a routing issue on that lot.
    Many things can cause routing issues, so it is hard to tell what your particular problem is.

You may have better luck scanning topics that discuss Routing Issues.
    Also ... Here is a link to the New Members Club ... https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/802194/new-members-club-come-on-in/p1

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    mayaash wrote: »
    This is happening to me too! But only on a certain lot even though NOTHING is blocking them! It's so annoying!

@mayaash, I'm going to assume that you play The Sims 4 given that your 1st post a couple of months ago was in the TS4 section. With that said, you might have better lucky getting an answer to your problem by heading over to the AHQ site and searching for your problem over there as this is an old Sims 3 thread.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en

Or you could go to the Archive section down below on the main page of this site to look for similar issues. That section is an "Read Only" section since EA wants any game issues to be posted over on the AHQ site that I have provided for you already...😀
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-help-center-archive
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top