Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many levels of basement are possible now

Ok, I was always under the impression you could only have two levels of basement but the game just let me build a third so how many can you have now? All the google searches come back with pages saying two but I can definitely say that is wrong.

Comments

• Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    As far as I know it's 4.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    Four. :)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I think it's 4, but you can only put a swimming pool on levels 1-3 if you're so inclined.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    well if you were in the game figuring it out....did you try to see how low you could go while you were in game?
  • Options
    Grumble314Grumble314 Posts: 18 Member
    edited July 2020
    I run lots of CC I removed it all an my floor was still there just wanted to make sure. I have enough issues with the way they have jacked up gardening this time. Without adding a floor some how that shouldn't be there.
  • Options
    @Grumble314 It's 4 up, 4 down. You can put a roof and decorations on top of the fourth level, but not another floor. For down, like @stilljustme2 said, a pool down to the third underground, since it technically takes the -3 floor as it's top but goes to the bottom of the 4th floor down. ;)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    I have never gone below one basement level. I wouldn't even know what to do with all those levels! haha
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Four. Basement levels were increased from two to four by the Nov. 13, 2018 update.
  • Options
    SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    They should have made it eight floors total, regardless if they’re above or below ground. Five story house? Three left for basement. Two story house? Six left for basement.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    I have never gone below one basement level. I wouldn't even know what to do with all those levels! haha

I think the most I've done is 2; if you're on a small lot (like a 20x15) it can be hard to fit in all the things you need for skillbuilding (though I have some community lots where I can send my Sims), so the basements make a good place for things like the video game platform, workout rooms, and the like.
  • Options
    @stilljustme2 Yes! Like this. ;)
    i9BaRDf.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    I made a "Cold-War" era house that was just a nice little house on the surface,. But below it had levels of 'cold-war' era cells and interrogation rooms. Officially didn't exist. The plot was that Rohber Calhouni, a gangster, found this and started modifying it to his whims.

DK5iJBn.png

I haven't played it in awhile. Could take more screenshots.
    One level down is comfortable now. Two levels down has cleared some of the cells for living space.

CxvHkxI.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I have a secret agent area on one of my basement levels. In another house, a giant swimming pool takes up the entire basement level. I also have a hobbit house where the entire house is in the basement.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    LissyK9LissyK9 Posts: 205 Member
    I'm using all buildable levels right now. I'm playing the apocalyse challenge by pinstar (with updated rules by poopsiesims) but you start with only being able to build on an 8x8 plot. But there are no restrictions on building up or down. :D so we have 9 8x8 levels, counting the rooftop where the rocket ship is docked. It's probably the weirdest build I've ever made.
  • Options
    LissyK9 wrote: »
    I'm using all buildable levels right now. I'm playing the apocalyse challenge by pinstar (with updated rules by poopsiesims) but you start with only being able to build on an 8x8 plot. But there are no restrictions on building up or down. :D so we have 9 8x8 levels, counting the rooftop where the rocket ship is docked. It's probably the weirdest build I've ever made.

Cool! That sounds like an interesting challenge! I'm up for that!

Awe you aloud to build out a bit for looks (not usable) like the terrain and stuff?
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    S3bSterS3bSter Posts: 32 Member
    After reading this and been working on my building skills.

Time to make Diego's (My fav Sim) workout room in his not yet created basement.

Time to splash the cash Diego. You have earnt it! 🤗🏋

Any differences to be aware of when doing lower levels? Compared to upper levels?
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Oh I forgot about that, it’s nice. I wish we could have more than four levels up though, I don’t use basements that often but I wouldn’t mind 5 or 6 floors.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I sometimes build the rocket ship underground. It's so big so I hide it. Start at the bottom and copy the room up 4 levels. 3 levels with with tall walls. Remove floors and ceilings and put a fence around it. I used to have to build a section for stairs but with ladders it's easier now. I don't even have to open the top level if I use moo to place the ship because it does not actually need an opening. Basements are cool. Create less lag with no camera bounce.
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    I think the main difference you want to be aware of is that camera angles are harder to manage, especially in the lowest levels.
  • Options
    S3bSter wrote: »
    After reading this and been working on my building skills.

Time to make Diego's (My fav Sim) workout room in his not yet created basement.

Time to splash the cash Diego. You have earnt it! 🤗🏋

Any differences to be aware of when doing lower levels? Compared to upper levels?

There can be issues with the top level basement causing terrain issues if it goes too far beyond the house walls (something that happened when terrain tools were introduced). I'll usually build just the staircase from the ground floor on the top level, then whatever space I need on the second level (for example when I added a basement to Dream Weavers Way for my spellcaster's cauldron).
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    @stilljustme2 Just lower the basement a little using the up and down arrows and the terrain levels out.
  • Options
    S3bSterS3bSter Posts: 32 Member
    Thanks @Sketch793 and @stilljustme2 . These are useful tips. 👍
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    The biggest house I ever made was for a vampire in FH who was "making" his "children" and so he had a house that was 3 floors up and 4 floors down. I would never make a house like this for normal sims as zipping around as mist wasn't that big of a deal. It has 7 bedrooms and a small bathroom with sink and shower on every floor. Definitely different. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Hmmm -- I could make one of those big houses for my spellcaster couple since they both have Teleportalate (or whatever that spell is called).
  • Options
    @S3bSter As for the camera angle issues. I've been using both the Sims4 and Sims3 cameras regularly now. Sims3 cam more on build mode. One tip I'd like to add, if you are having problems with the angles, above levels or underground, the 'top-view' angle in the camera view menu is really handy! You can have all the walls 'up' and still move around and place things without anything getting in the way.

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png