Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Things you didn't know!

Comments

• OmairaOmaira Posts: 666 Member
    Hi fellow simmers, I hope you are all well and keeping safe.
    I hope to clarify something relating toddler books. So that anyone can take advantage of this "knowledge" :D (me trying to be funny :|
    There are 12 toddler books grouped in 4 bundles of 3 books each. Toddlers can read them alone and they don't need any other skill (like learned to talk etc) to be able to read. Just plop a book down on the floor and command the toddler to read the book. 3 of those groups of books are skill boosting and the 4th is only for fun reading (This 4th lot is the Jimmy Sprocket bunch of books, bubble gum pink in colour) When a toddler reads a skill book a bar will appear above his/her head, that measures just how the reading is going. Eventually if the toddler finishes the book the bar will be full and you will get a message something like: "Toddler's name" has learned all he/she can from (name of book's writer follow by name of book) but no doubt toddler will have fun reading it again.
    Note that I am writing this from memory so the text might differ a bit but that is the gist of it.
    This bar will never appear on the Jimmy Sprocket books and it will not appear either if the toddler re-reads one of the skill books because she/he already has all they can learn from it.
    Apart from the Jimmy Sprocket books, if your toddler reads all the remaining nine books when he/she reaches childhood they will start on level 3 painting, writing and logic.
    If you instruct your child sim to either paint, write in the computer and or play chess, the skill will go to level 3 and you will get a message telling you that it's because of reading the books.
    In addition playing with the xylophone and the peg box to level 3 will give the toddler a level three in guitar and the same on handiness when they reach teen years and if you have late night and or ITF they will also be up to level 3 on piano, bass and drums as well as the laser rhythm a com from into the future.
    And don't forget while they are children if they use the toy oven and play with the lego turtle (brick bench?) they will increase their cooking and handiness to level 3 when they reach teen years.
    It pays not to play so much with the Imaginary Friend from generations!
    Please feel free to add or correct any of this info, as I am only writing it from my own play experience.
    Love you all
    PS not sure about Dragon Valley's Violin,I haven't played this world for donkey's years. So not sure that the level 3 in other musical instruments will apply, also I can't remember if the violin follows same skill rules as say guitar. (Must revisit Dragon Valley soon!)
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited March 2020
    @Omaira - Could be mistaken on this, but I believe the Jimmy Sprocket books are meant to be counted among the total lifetime books a sim has read, which has not as direct as the others but a more subtle impact on the Writing skill later on.

Also let's not forget the store content playpen, the mirror in which helps build a Charisma head start and builds the toddler Talking skill. The abacus builds a Logic skill head start as well. And then we also have the walker that, of course, builds the toddler Walking skill.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    @Omaira The peg box gives logic skill. But if the toddler masters the peg box and reads all the logic books, they only get 4 logic skill levels, not 6.
    igazor wrote: »
    @Omaira - Could be mistaken on this, but I believe the Jimmy Sprocket books are meant to be counted among the total lifetime books a sim has read, which has not as direct as the others but a more subtle impact on the Writing skill later on.

Also let's not forget the store content playpen, the mirror in which helps build a Charisma head start and builds the toddler Talking skill. The abacus builds a Logic skill head start as well. And then we also have the walker that, of course, builds the toddler Walking skill.

You are right, of course, I hardly play with that set which is a shame really, due to try to limit content in my game, but I do love my sims getting their skills up early in life!
    edited March 2020
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    @Omaira The peg box gives logic skill. But if the toddler masters the peg box and reads all the logic books, they only get 4 logic skill levels, not 6.

Right too, however despite reading all the books and mastering the peg box sometimes it will only give them a level 3 logic skill which is unfair as far I am concerned, this game works in mysterious ways. :/
    And while I am still here, playing the sims and waiting for things to get better, please take care and I love you all! <3<3<3
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    If your toddler is read more than one toddler book, they'll gain the writing skill faster(like the peg box and logic skill) Scott read his son two toddler books and he wanted to learn the writing skill as soon as he grew into a child. I had him do that and before he even reached the computer, he had level-one Writing skill because he'd been read to as a toddler.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    I just found out that it is actually possible to move the Supernatural Weatherstone to another place on the lot it's on or to move it to another lot. You just buy both lots - the source and the destination.
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    A windows update dialed up my sound for some reason, so the game was suddenly VERY LOUD, and I heard sounds I never noticed before (never heard my sims snoring before and was always wondering why people complained about it). Toned it down again though. Still haven´t found the balance of before, have to look into that.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    I have used the Swift Gro Gardening station in my game for years and JUST NOW found out that if you put fish/veggies and sunlight stars into the composter and compost it, it will fertilize and weed all of your plants! I don't know how I missed that, I was just happy that it watered them all, lol!
  • Simsalot99Simsalot99 Posts: 100 Member
    I didn't know until yesterday that if you are doing well in university and apply for funds you will get 5000 simoleons. Getting a huge wad of cash when in school is almost as exciting as the real thing. Of course I spent it responsibly... o:)
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    @Simsalot99 sure you did ;)
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,669 Member
    Setting off fireworks in the cemetery can summon ghosts and get 20 dollars
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
    You can sell the sunshine from sunflowers for 100 simoleons a piece. I always just left them on the ground.
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    I've only just found out you can sue for slander :open_mouth:
    I never knew
    I won 7k in my court case :O
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    McTosh wrote: »
    I've only just found out you can sue for slander :open_mouth:
    I never knew
    I won 7k in my court case :O

Now if my Sim can just figure out who wrongly accused her of peeing on herself in public...
    It's the paparazzi. There is an alternative to litigation - pay off paparazzi - at the business building.
    My vampire sims have not been getting cold in the winter - no getting cold, need to warm up, or freezing solid.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Simsalot99 wrote: »
    My vampire sims have not been getting cold in the winter - no getting cold, need to warm up, or freezing solid.

Ghosts are similarly immune to the weather!
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    Simsalot99 wrote: »
    It's the paparazzi. There is an alternative to litigation - pay off paparazzi - at the business building.

~sinister smile~... or you can just kill them.
    EvilSmiley.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    @Nikkei_Simmer I am going to try a potion of bladder flow next time someone accuses a sim of peeing themselves. Trouble is, my current house is so small that there isn't room to put a science station aside from outdoors, where the paparazzi are. Trouble with killing them is another will spawn in their place. Would an imprisoned sim be considered unroutable? Sprinkler/electronic? Pool with fence?
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    Well, I tend to use NRAAS Register...so that pretty much takes care of any of the nosey buggers that crawl around spreading vicious rumors. Or if I feel particularly sadistic, I leave it on and take pleasure in seeing just how creatively I can remove a paparazzi from existence. :mrgreen:

Your game would probably throw unroutable errors with imprisonment.

I tend to kill them by meteor. A lot more dramatic. :D

Screenshot-81.jpg
    scratch one paparazzo. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    Paparazzo's day shall come...

When I bought flame fruit from the fruit and veggie stand (very nice quality) it did not give my sims the cozy fire moodlet. When I grew some (with that fruit) it did. Not sure if it's the increased quality or what.
    @InfraGreen Vampires don't get cold but it turns out they do get warm.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top