Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

6 years of Shallow Sims

1235...Next

Comments

• bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    if you guys would stop buying their 🌺🌺🌺🌺, they'd stop shoveling it out.

I think part of the problem is EA has a monopoly on the simulation genre, and there are no competitors. If I don't like one RPG, I can easily just find another one. Not so with The Sims, since there are no other games like it. So, for people who only play simulation games, this is their only option.
    I am pretty discerning when I purchase content for The Sims 4. I only ever buy them on sale for the most part.
    People should NEVER EVER buy a pack on the day of its release because it will be a buggy mess (aka. Eco Lifestyle).
    I'm hoping Paralives or whatever game Paradox is making gives them a much needed kick in the pants. My bets are for Paradox.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    My bets are for Paradox.

Same here. I'm watching closely. Since Mr.Humble lead development for 2 previous sims games, he knows this stuff like the back of his hand.
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    I agree overall. I find my sims boring once they achieve a certain point. For example, when a vamp reaches top tier, there’s just no motivation. There needs to be something that inspires play and sim growth, other than just picking up a new skill.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    if you guys would stop buying their 🌺🌺🌺🌺, they'd stop shoveling it out.

I think part of the problem is EA has a monopoly on the simulation genre, and there are no competitors. If I don't like one RPG, I can easily just find another one. Not so with The Sims, since there are no other games like it. So, for people who only play simulation games, this is their only option.
    I am pretty discerning when I purchase content for The Sims 4. I only ever buy them on sale for the most part.
    People should NEVER EVER buy a pack on the day of its release because it will be a buggy mess (aka. Eco Lifestyle).
    I'm hoping Paralives or whatever game Paradox is making gives them a much needed kick in the pants. My bets are for Paradox.

Paradox does an lot of simulations and seeing what what they done with Skylines they have the best chance for competing with EA/Maxis and to be honest I hope it is Paradox but they have to come strong and no half stepping.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    it is interesting reading these comments ..i have so forgotten the charm of sims past ...when i read something it brings it back but to recall the spontaneous things that happened ..it has been a long time.....i am not sure when the sims 5 will come out..i am sure there is some debate on which direction it will go....i did like a bit more depth instilled into the game so unexpected events would present themselves ...this is an interesting thread.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    All of my sims feel the same and that's a bummer.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    edited July 2020
    I used to play with barbie dolls and use my imagination all the time then I found the sims. And the sims did more than my barbie dolls could without using my imagination, so I gave up my barbie dolls. Although I am older now, I shouldn't need to use my imagination in a game. I feel like I am going back to the days of playing with barbie dolls. I'm too old for that 😂😂

I wish for more. They could do so much more with this game and they aren't.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    All of my sims feel the same and that's a bummer.

It is :( the traits do nothing.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    I feel like I am going back to the days of playing with barbie dolls. I'm too old for that 😂😂

Nobody is ever too old for Barbie. Or Action Man.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    My bets are for Paradox.

Same here. I'm watching closely. Since Mr.Humble lead development for 2 previous sims games, he knows this stuff like the back of his hand.

this, my bets are for paradox as well.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    My bets are for Paradox.

YES!
    I can't wait to see what Paradox Tectonic is working on.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    I've got to admit that I haven't played the sims for a few weeks now as I am totally bored with it.
    There is nothing really new or exciting that has been added to make me want to play it these days.
    It's all too much for the politically correct teen generation and I just can't get back into it.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I am trying soooo hard to get back in the game but every time I load it up and I see the smiling faces of my sims from my save in the main menu I'm like "no, not more of the same again!" and I quit. I did that twice today.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member

Goldmoldar wrote: »

Paradox does an lot of simulations and seeing what what they done with Skylines they have the best chance for competing with EA/Maxis and to be honest I hope it is Paradox but they have to come strong and no half stepping.

Agreed. I think Paradox does a good job creating fun gameplay that would be good for a Sims game, like in Crusader Kings 2 and Stellaris. I could see them using the flaws, genetic system and story elements in those games and applying it to the Sims.
  • Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 431 Member
    I would like to see sims have a greater range of responses to Mean interactions than just becoming Angry and initiating more meanness themselves, and losing reputation in the process. They should be able to become Sad, Embarrassed, Tense, or even Bored. They should be able to stand up to bullying without taking a ding to their public image. Thoughts?
  • wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    i did enjoy the sims 3. I didn't get going with the sims 3 until maybe a year after it first started. I don't think my pc played it well at the time but then i became burned out ..sims 4 came out and i picked up the base game...it was so different then the sims 3. I didn't like it at all ..i took a break and came back in November of 2019. It is a very different game then what sims 3 ever was. The first major issue i ran into was when eco living came out..i have played the sims since 2001..you learn not to purchase new content right away ..so the bugs that some had seemed unsavory to me and i am holding back on that expansion pack. The sims 4 performance wise is better then the sims 3 was. I had a good rig and the sims 3 played great for me but lots of folks had issues. I think the sims 4 is ok....it doesn't have the depth or the variety that sims 3 had but it gets less performance issue complaints. I think the sims 4 team is interested in what folks want to improve on the game's popularity by comments but the sales side appears to be strong. I can say the extent sometimes of how sims were affected by game related events was hard to take in my version of storytelling. They were affected sometimes for days and sometimes they would get upset over something and with someone that made that relationship nearly impossible to continue...so the "depth" was not always "fun". Many things happened so fast you didn't see that coming and once it was done you either left the game without saving or had to deal with it. At that time this was way too upsetting for the folks that enjoyed micro managing their sims to stick to the story line they intended. I enjoyed the sims 3 it had more of what i love having in the game ..but in that moment i also enjoyed the sims community and with so many folks having issues and feeling excluded in game play that was hard to see. When the sims 3 was coming to an end ..lots of folks were upset. The sims 4 was announced that production was underway and folks were very vocal about it. They had invested heavily in the game...and the sims 3 had a store too so they had invested in that as well. if nothing else folks made it clear that they didn't want to ride the sims train again only to loose everything after five years and begin again. sims 3 didn't have weather ..pets....pools...etc either when it started. Base game is pretty bare bones but it is a basis to build on. They also felt like the sims 3 had issues that needed to be addressed and dealt with...The sims 4 has lasted longer then the five years..sometimes i wonder if that is why the game started out being less climatic or was it because the story tellers didn't like the drama...i suppose only the folks on the sims team can say why things are as they are.