Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will We Ever Get Attraction in The Sims 4??

2...Next

Comments

• x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    We better do! We need this update! I still remember that last year, SimGuru Lyndsay did tweeted me back when I said that it would be nice if we can have this feature among other things too.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I doubt it now. It's seems too late for this game. I mean that is something that should come out pretty early in deciding why your Sim wants to spend the rest of their life with another, and or just for fun go out with everyone they may be attracted to for some reason.

We can guess the extra traits the player buys like perceptive won't be included as reason to like someone. Or better word, admire a Sim. So, that might leave the same old traits another Sim possesses as reasons to like the other. And since these Sims don't even know sometimes, their mate, mother or father died, I doubt they will have any physical attraction knowledge, either. I can't imagine these Sims would be smart enough to know another Sim has blond hair, or brown eyes, and or a mustache or not, etc., etc. They are pretty much oblivious already. Heck, they don't even know their kid is crying in a bed from shame or embarrassement.

Then there is the old, worn out reasons these Sims exists which are to jog/workout, write, and or paint. I can bet all that would be part of some crazy attraction system..I would bet money on it. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I doubt it now. It's seems too late for this game. I mean that is something that should come out pretty early in deciding why your Sim wants to spend the rest of their life with another, and or just for fun go out with everyone they may be attracted to for some reason.

We can guess the extra traits the player buys like perceptive won't be included as reason to like someone. Or better word, admire a Sim. So, that might leave the same old traits another Sim possesses as reasons to like the other. And since these Sims don't even know sometimes, their mate, mother or father died, I doubt they will have any physical attraction knowledge, either. I can't imagine these Sims would be smart enough to know another Sim has blond hair, or brown eyes, and or a mustache or not, etc., etc. They are pretty much oblivious already. Heck, they don't even know their kid is crying in a bed from shame or embarrassement.

Then there is the old, worn out reasons these Sims exists which are to jog/workout, write, and or paint. I can bet all that would be part of some crazy attraction system..I would bet money on it. lol

Remember a Romance Pack was mentioned in the recent survey and with atleast 2 or more years of content for The Sims 4 it could still happen. If we get a romance pack there will be some sort of attraction feature especially if the online dating feature comes back. If modders can give attraction features I know Maxis can.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Remember a Romance Pack was mentioned in the recent survey and with atleast 2 or more years of content for The Sims 4 it could still happen. If we get a romance pack there will be some sort of attraction feature especially if the online dating feature comes back. If modders can give attraction features I know Maxis can.

I agree I hope it's soon as I feel it's something that a lot of players you want both supernatural and realism players and family players to and there's hardly anything but all of them can agree on I romance system is one of the few
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    a date night gp would be fantastic. overhaul the attraction system and some new wedding objects.
  • AlpineCuriosityAlpineCuriosity Posts: 2,521 Member
    Better relationships, improved sim-personalities and an awesome attraction-system would go great together!