Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to make CC skins apply to Magic Users for Realm of Magic? (Solved)

SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
I discovered that some of the CAS CC doesn't seem to be available for Magic Users. Is there some way to edit the files to make them apply to magic users for people who have Realm of Magic installed?

I would particularly like to have elf-ear mods, custom skins, and custom eyes apply. They are available when I create a muggle sim but when I create a magic user the options are not available.
Post edited by Suceress on

Comments

• Denton47Denton47 Posts: 18 Member
    If items or skintones don't show up in CAS for Spellcasters then you most likely need to add the following Occult tag:

Occult_Witch (0x08E7)

While you are editing you should also check for the other Occult tags:

Occult_Vampire (0x068D)
    Occult_Mermaid (0x08A0)
    Occult_Alien (0x301F)
  • SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    Thanks @Denton47 I take it I need to update my Sims4 Studio & find where the occult tag would go. What section would it be in?
    The weird thing with the custom eyes is that sometimes the options show up for the spell casters but in the same session if I go back, the eye options are missing so I don't know 🐸🐸🐸🐸 is going on with my game on that front.

I need to re-read a bunch of stuff from orangemittens. Is it possible to edit the CC I downloaded rather than create a new one or do an override? I would only do it for my game.

I'm also trying to figure out the best way to add environment score and "off-the-grid" to some objects that look like they should function off the grid but were created before Eco Life.
  • Denton47Denton47 Posts: 18 Member
    > @Suceress said:
    > Thanks @Denton47 I take it I need to update my Sims4 Studio & find where the occult tag would go. What section would it be in?

I can't post screenshots so I have to explain in plain text, if you use S4Studio:

1. Click My Projects to open the CC package.
    2. Click on the Warehouse tab and select the first CAS Part/Skintone.
    3. On the right side scroll down to the bottom and in the Tags section click Edit Items.
    4. Click Add and Select Occult in Category and Occult_Witch in TagValue.
  • SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited July 2020
    Thank you very very much, @Denton47!
    Your instructions were perfect. I've been going through my skin files & adding the Occult_Witch tag to all of them.
    Post edited by Suceress on