Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Freezer Bunny Club - A Reading Circle

Comments

• _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,751 Member
    @everyone Okay, my turn :mrgreen:

If Morgana noticed Sofia’s bubble addiction, she’d probably try whatever she could to heal her of it. Including magic and destroying the bubble blower. Probably making enemies out of Sofia in the process. :worried:

Morgana would actually be terrified of Liz - or Ninja, specifically. She’s deathly afraid of dogs, and Ninja is a social cuddly pupper, so this one is a bad combination. :sweat_smile:

Seeing how Kass is a “commoner”, Morgana probably wouldn’t play games. If they had a common goal to become allies over, that might even grow into friendship.

Athena is a difficult one. Morgana would be dying to learn about all things magic, but likely see her as sheltered and incredibly naive at the same time. If they don't butt heads, she'd likely become super protective because of it.

Morgana would have some serious respect for Kyungri. A confident, ambitious woman who does whatever it takes to reach her goal? That’s right up her alley, haha. :mrgreen:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited July 2020
    @_sims_Yimi Great responses! Oh I was thinking along the lines of political games of intrigue, not fun games. Haha.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • ajamkeevinajamkeevin Posts: 278 Member
    edited July 2020
    Aaahh, I'm behind! I'll get to all of your responses in a couple hours, and I have some thoughts about what Kyungri would think about all of y'all's leading ladies ;) But just so we have enough time! Good al' ajmkv is expanding into being an awards show host, it seems~ I'm happy to be doing it! This will be exciting.

Here are the categories I'm going to include, most of them lifted from Duvelina's list from a few days ago!

Best Female Protagonist*
    Best Female Secondary Character*
    Best Male Protagonist*
    Best Male Secondary Character*
    Best Slice-of-Life
    Best Picture-Taking
    Best Banner/Best Image (Like, I think this could be blog/overall image of the story)
    Best Writing
    Best Worldbuilding
    Best Sim Styling
    Best Author
    Best Story

Best Couple
    Villain You Love To Hate
    Juiciest Scene
    Fan-favorite Character

*For these, since there are stories like mine that don't technically have one single protagonist or supporting character, we can choose whichever character fits best for now.

And I think that's a good amount for now! We can add or remove any (do you have any thoughts?) later or for the next awards ceremony. I think what I'll do is, if you could send me one choice for a nominee in each category (if you don't have a choice, it's OK - I won't be submitting my story for Best Slice-of-Life, for example, since I'm not sure K&GI fits there), and then I'll put together images of the nominees (if you have any you want me to feature, send them my way! Otherwise I'll be trawling your blogs for glorious pictures ;) ) and a poll and we can vote before the end of the week! Also, for the "Fan-favorite Character", I think I'll do a section of the poll where you can enter your favorite character instead of voting on nominees so it's completely up to you to choose. :) What do y'all think? First Freezer Bunny Gala is happening!
    Post edited by ajamkeevin on
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    @ajamkeevin Sounds awesome! Thank you for hosting the first one. I'll send in my nominees tomorrow. We should be clear on the best image category before we all send in something different. So we're going with the overall look of the blog and banner, not just the banner?
    @Duvelina when we talk about banner, is that the one we have here on the forum? I think "image" could be a good way to include that and also the blog design/general artwork, kind of like (sorry for the nerdy reference) how the Grammys award a "Best Recording Package" Grammy as a way to recognize the album cover, packaging, etc. Although we could definitely just do the banner to simplify; I think that would actually be the best for now, since there are many categories!
    And eeeek @everyone, I'm sorry for spamming the thread, I just want to make sure to get to everyone's thoughts! Sorry in advance for the barrage of new posts, I'd put it all in one but I think that would just become really bloated.

I love this, "what would our main ladies think of each other?" :love: Things like this make me so happy. Here are mine! (For Kyungri, I'm sure my other leading ladies Marjan, China, Charlee, Louise, Jessie, and Enca would probably have massively different and probably some shady thoughts, but Kyungri is a fair judge :P ).

Morgana: Kyungri would probably really like Morgana. She is a strong and determined young woman, beautiful but also very intelligent and resourceful. Fiercely protective of her loved ones, and an all around great person, but also not against putting up a front to get to where she needs. Not to mention, she has a deep secret, as well. Kyungri would probably be good friends with her if they lived in the same era/were the same age (and lbr, Kyungri would expect nothing less than to be royalty.~)

Sofia: Kyungri would most likely want to help Sofia out as much as possible. She's a good person that went off track for a little while, and Kyungri would really appreciate Sofia's journey to get better. As much as it might seem that Kyungri is an ice queen, she is very motherly, loving, and a fiercely loyal friend, so I can imagine if she knew Sofia personally she would be firmly on her side, helping her get through the tough times.

Liz: Kyungri would love Liz! See, Liz is a goal-oriented person, dedicating her time to raising a successful family, building up her own career, and reaching her objectives. Kyungri admires hustle and Liz is one of the hardest workers! And though Liz and Kyungri come from and live in massively different circumstances, they're similar in the way that they work very hard for their objectives and have strong ties with their families. I can see Liz being a cool friend for Kyungri, someone to keep her grounded in a way.

Athena: Now, Kyungri is more like a Kirino in terms of look and personality, but I think Kyungri would be very intrigued by Athena. Obviously Kyungri can come off as very aggressive and rude sometimes, but she hides a lot of inner goodness and I think she would sense that Athena has a lot of turmoil. Athena is a teenager so that would probably be a deterrent to the pair developing a friendship at this point, and honestly I think Kyungri is a little scared of what she doesn't understand since she likes to feel like she's in control of everything in her life, so she'd probably be a little intimidated by Athena (not that she would admit it, ever!). But knowing Athena's background, Kyungri would probably be super intrigued, especially given the whole celebrity thing going on with her and Avery.

Kass: Honestly, Kyungri and Kass would probably butt heads over a lot of things. I think that Kyungri would be slightly exasperated about Kass's way of thinking and approaching things in her life, though she would understand better than one would think. It's just that Kyungri has spent years developing her cool and collected persona and I think Kass would remind her of herself as a teenager. I'd like to think that Kyungri would try to give Kass some advice about how to deal with things, but she'd also try to be fair considering that Kass is around the age of Kyungri's daughters and Kyungri is a pretty good mother.
    @ajamkeevin No need to apologize! I think we're all super excited for this, and reading what our ladies would think of each other is very entertaining. You did make me wonder what Enca would think too now, though! :D
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    I’m back from my little weekend-vacation and I’ll read everything up soon!
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    edited July 2020
    @Skeilah thanks so much for your answers! I loved reading through them. Edit: I see my comment is very timely since you just said you're back from your weekend~~ Hope it was a good one!
    Your answers~
    Skeilah wrote: »
    Here's everything!

Technical Questions
    1. Is the blog working well for you? I've spent a lot of time looking for a good theme that kind of gives off the whimsy feeling that I want to put forth in the story.
    I already told you how much I love your blog but I’ll just say it again: I love your blog!

2. I went back and replaced all the images in each episode with ones that are much smaller in file size to make the pages load faster. Is this working well for you?
    I read your story for the first time this week so this is the only way I’ve known your photo’s xD Everything loads fast so that’s all okay.

3. The Episodes used to be one big chunk, with Eliminations separate. They're now 2 - 6 parts to make the reading easier, what do you think of this choice?
    Yeah, I like that there are parts. If everything was still in one big chunk like you call it, I don’t know how motivated I would be to read everything through because long texts make me scared xD But then again, it’s a good story so maybe I won’t have that problem xD

4. Do you want more notes? I include a few here and there, but probably 0 after this first chunk of episodes.
    For me it’s all perfect the way it is now. No need to change things. If some things are not clear, I’ll just ask it :P

General Questions
    1. What are your first impressions of K&GI?
    “Oeeeehhhh, reality showww!!!”. I’ve never read a Sims reality show so I was really exited for this because it’s something different from what I’m used to.

2. Obviously I want to make this seem like you're watching a tv show/reading a script instead of simply narrating, do you get this impression? Do I capture the spirit of a reality show?
    Absolutely. You won the first prize for getting it exactly right.

3. Do you like my style of writing?
    A lot! Don’t change anything.

4. What do you think of my images? I spend a lot of time creating a unified "look" for the seasons, with the promo images, the cast pictures, the icons, the confessionals, the fadeout gifs at the end of each episode, etc, so I'd love to know if you like them!
    I can see how much time you spend in your pictures. They are absolutely amazing!

5. Speaking of confessionals, do you like this aspect of the story? Reality shows tend to have these confessional/talking heads moments so I wanted to include them to advance the story.
    Yeah! I watch some things on tv where they have confessional/talking moments and I like those moments.

6. Do you like the story so far? It gets more intense and the characters that last longer get more developed as time goes on, but what do you think of the story at this point?
    I like it very much and I’m curious to read the rest when I have some time to do again.

Character Questions
    1. Do you have a favorite? A least favorite? Why's that?
    Harrison for sure. Mygod that guy is an absolute cutie. He just had me from the first second I saw him.

My least favorite is probably Charlee or Marjan for the girls and Todd for the boys. I just want to kick Charlee under her behind for what she’s been doing in this game, ugh I just don’t like her, and Marjan is the typical ‘dumb blondie’ from the Netherlands xD I’m constantly like ‘come on, Marjan, just think!’.

Yeah, Todd… I did like his Kev&Get it More episode but you know, he just ruined everything by hurting my cutie Harrison (I claimed him, I don’t care that he’s into boys, I just claimed him).

2. Do the characters seem realistic for the most part? They're exaggerated because characters tend to be in reality shows, but do you see glimpses of realistic emotions in them?
    Yeah, for a reality show like this, they seem really realistic. If I watch reality shows on tv, it’s always like this xD so I didn’t expect less.

3. If you could describe each character in one word, what would it be?
    Charlee: Manipulative
    China: Easygoing
    Enca: Spoiled
    Enzo: Silent
    Gabriel: Bossy
    Harrison: SUPERADORABLE?!!! / Introvert
    Jessie: Friendly
    Kyungri: Plastic (but behind all the plastic: real)
    Louise: Fair
    Marjan: Dumb
    Matthieu: Sneaky (but also cute)
    Mitchell: Shy
    Patricio: Arrogant
    Todd: Meddlesome

Episode Specific Questions
    Episodes 1 - 2
    1. What do you think of the character introductions/entrances?
    I always have difficulties with new characters in the beginning, so I was just like ‘well, I’m going to read and at some point I’ll know them’ and that’s exactly what happened. I scrolled through the character page but I couldn’t really make something of that :P I also didn’t pay the best attention to everyone when they all walked in the mansion, I just got to know them veryyyyy slowlyyyyy. What I do remember is Enca and Patricio if I’m right? All being romantic and stuff xD It felt very… Reality-showy :P Yeah, I liked every bit of it, although I was still struggling getting to know everyone.

2. What do you think of ajmkv/me? (Rip into me if you must!)
    You’re almost as cute as Harrison. xD Did the contestants try to be romantic with you? Plottwist much.

You’re also a really great presenter (is that the right word? I’m typing this in the train with no internet so I can’t check xD). I have absolutely nothing bad to say about you.

How did you come to your name, ajmkv? Just being curious here.

3. Did you have any strong impressions of anyone? Any "oh, they're going home first" feelings?
    When Enca got to the bottom three for the third time I was like “Now they won’t save her a third time, right?” but then I was wrong. xD When Todd ruined everything, yeah that was very obvious. If Harisson would have left that episode, I would throw Todd out of the window (I would be super mad). Oh yeah, that Patricio-guy also had ‘goodbye’ feelings, but he’s already gone so that’s good :P

4. What do you think of the most relevant plot threads at this point? (Matthieu and Harrison's romance, Enca and Patricio, etc.)
    MATTHIEU AND HARRISONNNNNNN <3. Okay at first I thought that Matthieu was a little sneaky with his past but really, I live for these two being together.

I didn’t have that with Enca and Patricio but that’s just because they didn’t leave that much of an impression on me. Like Patricio went out first and Enca is just coming on my good side :P

5. Were you sad to see Patricio go?
    Nope, byeeeee. xD

Episodes 3 - 4
    1. Do you think Charlee has done a good job at becoming the mastermind of the house?
    No, I hate Charlee for her actions. She needs to turn around reaaaaaalll fast or I’m going to do the same window throwing with her like I wanted to throw Todd.

2. Did you like the challenges? (Photoshoot and dance/makeover challenge).
    Oh man, that dance challenge was bomb and thanks to you, that chocolata song is now in my Spotify playlist. xD

Overall I like every challenge. I’m a bit curious of how you get all these points, because you’re a judge yourself but you also made the whole story, so how do you do that, fair and square?

3. Did you like the guest judges? (Jdbw, who is my real life friend, and the Flavor Girls).
    The Flavor Girls were a LIIIITLE weird, but they were okay xD I did like your real life friend! Say hi to him from me! (He’ll be like ‘who’s thattttttt’ but idc)

4. Are the main plot threads here interesting/believable? (Todd's snooping, Charlee's scheming, Louise's makeover, Matthieu's complicated situation, Enca's descent into feelings of inadequacy, etc.)
    Typical reality show once again. Ahhhh, the drama. I loved it.

5. Are you annoyed that Enca keeps getting saved?
    At first, yes. But I also think that it’s helping her to come to senses and I hope I’ll like her more because of that.

Episodes 5 and K&GM: Todd's Homecoming
    1. Are Gabriel's feelings towards Todd relatable?
    Uuuhhhh. I think I need to reread this chapter. I don’t have much with Gabriel and I started hating Todd in this chapter so I just kinda ignored him xD

2. What do you think of Marjan at this point?
    She’s still dumb like the dumb blondies in the Netherlands xD (sorry to all the Dutchies in this group, I don’t mean anything by it. It’s just like you guys all have dumb Belgian jokes xD)

3. What do you think of how the situation between Matthieu and Harrison has evolved? Did you feel bad for Harrison after Todd shattered his happiness?
    OF COURSE I FELT BAD FOR HARRISON. I wanted to jump in the game myself and comfort him. Luckily some other contestants did that for me.

4. How do you feel about what Todd did? Do you think his episode of Kev & Get More redeemed him a little bit?
    Yeah it did, but I still dislike him. I do hope that he has a beautiful life with his boyfriend! His boyfriend is a good one. A reaaaallll good one.

5. And about K&GM, do you like this tonal shift? Do you think I do OK with this different style of writing?
    Did you try a different style of writing? I didn’t even notice that hahahahahaahahahah. I was just so in the story

Arc 1 General Questions
    1. Are you upset that anyone left? Would you like to see anyone come back?
    Nah, as long as Harrison stays, I’m fine. I’m really going to cry if he goes xD

2. Do you have any predictions?
    It’s a reality show. Can you actually have predictions of any kind in these shows? I hope Marjan get less dumb, that Harrison and Matthieu will be happy forever and that Charlee gets a kick in her behind. :D

3. Do you have any questions for me? Or for the characters? I really liked what Yimi did when her characters answered to your questions, so I'd love to something similar!
    You can try to do this with the things I’m curious about? :P

My thoughts:
    Technical Questions
    1. Thank you so much! I really love your blog, too, it's lush and beautiful, so knowing you like mine too is a huge compliment.
    2. Excellent! I'm happy the blog loads without a hitch for you.
    3. Perfect. I think looking back at everyone saying that the splitting of the episodes into parts was a good choice, I'm really happy I went last in the reading circle to be able to make this change!
    4. All right! So notes only if they're necessary~

General Questions
    1. That's awesome! I know there are some other Sim reality shows out there so knowing K&GI is the first one you read is an honor, I'm so pleased you like it!
    2. Eeek, thank you!
    3. Again, thank you! I love how you write, too, so I really appreciate your feedback.
    4. Thank so much, I really do spend a lot of time on them. It's almost relaxing and probably my favorite part of the writing process for K&GI tbh, so I'm happy you like the images.
    5. Good to know. Confessionals are essential for the vibe of the story so I'm glad they're coming across well.
    6. I'm really looking forward to reading your thoughts as you go further along the story!

Character Questions
    1. Yesssssss, love for Harrison! He's an absolute joy to write, just such a cutie and such a good guy, too. I'm glad you like him!
    Hahaha, poor Marjan! I mean, she's totally a ditzy girl, so I can see where you're coming from. Charlee is so unlikable as a person but at least she's made some comments that make me giggle (and I wrote them whoops). Poor Todd doesn't do himself any favors! He's a decent person but fame got to his head...
    2. Yes, perfect! I have to exaggerate them to make them work in the setting, but I like that they're coming across well in the story given the background and the action.
    3. "Enzo = Silent" HAAAAA I cackled. Poor Enzo getting the forgettable edit. :P I love all your descriptors! I think they're very accurate.

Episodes 1 - 2
    1. Yeah, the same happens to me in the first few episodes of reality shows I watch. It's all like "um, who was that one again?", especially when the cast is larger than 8 people. But that's what's fun! Getting to know everyone slowly and then maybe going back and seeing what character traits were there from the beginning, and whatnot. Gives a show/story lots of replayability (I hope!) And yeaaaaah, Enca and Patricio (@Patrenca on their Simstagram, they made me say that :neutral: ) are very much a showmance on K&GI. Exaggerated to the max!
    2. AHHH thank you! I try to be the best presenter for this kind of show, I'm happy you think so! And, I'm not sure I'd ever manage to be as much of a cutie as Harrison, I wish! And hahahaha, oh gosh. None of the contestants hit on me during the show (at least not on this season :wink: hint hint hint for another season), but I do have some nice conversations with some of them later on (and one that I think you'll LOVE~~).

ajmkv, well... as you can see from my name on this forum, it used to be "ajamkeevin" or "ajaamkevin" because, well, cringey teenage nicknames that just didn't age well ("ajam" as a way to phonetically pronounce "mhm" in Spanish, and Kevin, well... because it's me, haha), but it had been my online identity for so long and I wanted to acknowledge that, so I just shortened those nicknames into "ajmkv" (the "-aa-e-in" was holding ya boy back, haha) and I think it works all right, even though it's impossible to pronounce. Oh well, it's unwieldy but it's so me at this point I couldn't see my online persona being anything else, I'm "ajmkv" on like every forum I'm a part of.
    3. Enca surviving the bottom so many times so far has honestly become iconic. Making it to the Top 10 by coasting along the bottom? Only a queen, haha. If Harrison would have gone home in favor of Todd, THAT would have been awful. ajmkv would have had a bounty on his head!
    4. A true fan of Matthison! YESSSSSS, I'm so here for it. I also felt a little awkward about Matthieu's past but really he's been so good to Harrison in general and has shown growth, so I'm happy they're together because I LOVE them as a couple. Not so much for Patrenca, but oh well, some couples just makes us go "eh". :neutral:
    5. Sorry Patty O'Furniture, you've got no fans here.~

Episodes 3 - 4
    1. Yikessss, Charlee has not made a good impression on you, and no surprise here, really. She might make you change your mind, but... I'm not sure, haha. I don't think she will! But hopefully you can appreciate her for the unapologetically messy reality TV villain approach she's taking.
    2. Choco choco choco choco choco chocolataaaa mami mamiiiii~ It's a jam, I'm happy you like it! The dance challenge was fun to write, I love music so much so I loved being able to incorporate some songs into the competition. About the points and the judging, well, sometimes I look at the polls (especially in later challenges where the fans choose favorites in a challenge); sometimes I have real guests (like Jdbw who reviewed the pictures in Episode 3); and the rest of the challenges, I judge based on how the Sims themselves did in the game—what the reactions of the people seated in the audience were like, etc. It's sometimes hard but I try to keep the judging fair and not play favorites.
    3. Haaaaa, the Flavor Girls are iconic! Really weird and 🐸🐸🐸🐸, but that's just them, haha. And I will! Jdbw actually knows I'm doing this reading circle so he actually will know who you are, I'm sure he'll be thrilled to get a greeting!
    4. Juicy, juicy drama. Keeping our thirst quenched. :wink:
    5. Yes, awesome! Enca being saved so many times at first really adds to her character, I think, and hopefully she'll continue to grow on you.

1. Screammmm. No worries! I think Gabriel has had a couple major plot points but there are so many people at this point that he's just kind of flown under the radar so far. Hopefully he'll make more of an impression as time goes along.
    2. Eeek! Poor Marjan! But it's true.... I told her what you said and she replied: "I'm sure Miss Skeilah is one of my little turtles in disguise, ready to learn to love me like a fruit fly on a ripe plum!".... so yeah...
    3. One of my favorite sad moments to write was when Harrison rinsed out the red from his hair as a sign of his newfound flame of love and hope going down the drain... SAD SAD UGH. Our poor baby.
    4. Isn't Todd's bf dreamy? Of course, he's the winner of the first season and we can all see how that happened... He's a good balancing presence in Todd's life, so hopefully if Todd comes back for anything, he'll be more thoughtful.
    5. This is good! Yeah, I went for the sort of "TV script" style for K&GI and Todd's bonus episode was written entirely in third-person omniscient narrator style with traditional dialogue and no dialogue tags, so yeah, I tried something different! But honestly it's flattering to read that you're so into the story that you didn't notice the style change. That's a good sign that the plot is the important thing here and what sticks out to you the most! So, thank you!

Arc 1 General Questions
    1. No spoilers! But I agree that having Harrison in the house is essential and I would be so sad if he left.
    2. Those are all great predictions... I know all the answers :wink: But I won't tell you! Mwahahahahaha~
    3. All right! I'll look back at your answers and see if any characters can come in to answer what you had to say~~

I had a blast reading your comments, thank you so much! And an endless thank you for taking the time to read and answer everything, it made me so, so happy.♥
    @mercuryfoam OK, now onto your thoughts on the Episodes!
    Your answers~
    @ajamkeevin

Episodes 1 - 2

1.What do you think of the character introductions/entrances?

Just like a tv series I can imagine super hip music playing in the background as each character makes a dramatic entrance and display their personalities. I like how it started with Enca because she has such a diva personality and is a great first impression to Kev & Gev. I can’t imagine someone like Harrison being featured first for example. It just wouldn’t be the same. Btw what’s Kiwi in reference to? Enca says it alot.

2. What do you think of ajmkv/me? (Rip into me if you must!)
    To be honest, I didn’t pay much attention to ajmkv. :joy: He had some lines at the start but they were pretty neutral (except that one time ajmkv called Kyungri plastic, but it was an outlier) and designed to not grab attention so as not to steal the limelight from the characters that were being introduced, and then at the end he had some lines again to get the crowd pumping and party started. In that sense he’s a great host, but if I’m supposed to see something deeper, Idk. He did his part well here. :joy: I also tried reading more into his other lines in the episodes but he just seems like a (mostly) neutral host with a vibrant sassy attitude important for reality tv shows.

3. Did you have any strong impressions of anyone? Any "oh, they're going home first" feelings?
    Louise, China, Kyungri, Jessie, Mitchell, Enca, Patricio and Harrison stood out for me. By strong impressions I don’t mean that I like them all, I mean that I could identify/associate a strong trait to. I didn’t have a ‘who’s going home first’ feeling because I don’t watch reality tv shows. I used to watch America’s next top model and The biggest loser, but those were a long-long time ago. We’re talking decades. I’m happy to be pulled along the ride here.

4. What do you think of the most relevant plot threads at this point? (Matthieu and Harrison's romance, Enca and Patricio, etc.)
    Knowing that Matthieu already has Maciej and is not distancing himself from Harrison made me lose respect for him completely. Just because Maciej cheated on him in the first season doesn’t mean Matthieu should stoop to his level. Because of that, their romance left a bad taste for me and I cannot ship him and Harrison together. My hope is that Harrison dumps his a*s in the upcoming episodes but I highly doubt it with his personality. Patricio is in the same boat as Matthieu for me. I’m glad he went home otherwise I’d have to tolerate two cheaters.
    I personally like Enca. She seems perfectly nice, a bit on the jealous side because she likes a sleazebag like Patricio so he’s going to rile up her jealousy with his antics. If she were with a less frivolous man, I don’t think she’d be that jealous) Although she talks about her star power and 🌺🌺🌺🌺 a lot, she seems to me like a victim because people are constantly against her for no valid reason.

5. Were you sad to see Patricio go?
    No. Good riddance. :smile:

Episodes 3 - 4
    1.Do you think Charlee has done a good job at becoming the mastermind of the house?
    I’m surprised she got Todd on her side. And as I pointed out in the comments, I thought her choice of alliances are weird. She’d be better off making alliances through sincere (insincere) friendships and taking things slowly. To put it out there as straightforwardly and obviously communicates insincerity and using others. It’s no wonder Louise and Gabriel didn’t feel any of it. I wouldn’t too.

2. Did you like the challenges? (Photoshoot and dance/makeover challenge).
    Absolutely, I like anything skill-based and I love ANTM. I like that some public opinion is featured too. I remember expressing my disgust at a particular public opinion in the comments section, but that shows I’m enjoying reading what other virtual people have to say about the competition and how they did.

3. Did you like the guest judges? (Jdbw, who is my real life friend, and the Flavor Girls).
    I thought Jdbw was fine. Full of sass but fun and entertaining. The Flavor Girls completely.. uh.. blew me away with the things they say. And I’m sorry to say I got blown into the sewers and IT the clown came and swallowed me whole and I still think this is the better alternative than listening to what they have to say. First impressions aside, I felt much better about reading what they had to say when they started judging. I think I read the comments that some of your readers want them back. I cringe when I realise I’ll be hearing from them again.

4. Are the main plot threads here interesting/believable? (Todd's snooping, Charlee's scheming, Louise's makeover, Matthieu's complicated situation, Enca's descent into feelings of inadequacy, etc.)
    Yes. Out of all of them I felt most happy for Louise’s growth and saddest for Enca. She seems fine, but is so stereotyped to the point that no one can see past her projections. Only Harrison is nice enough to try and see the person underneath. There are no parts in Kev and Gev show that featured her trying to connect with the other contestants so I’m not sure if she tried to change her situation. Hence, I’m operating on the assumption that she tried (because who wouldn’t, a person like Enca will know how important it is to have good relations), but ultimately failed.

5. Are you annoyed that Enca keeps getting saved?
    More pity and frustration than annoyance. I thought it was unfair for her to be at the bottom albeit realistic.

**oops I answered this without reading Todd's Homecoming** I'll edit no. 4 later lol.
    1.Are Gabriel's feelings towards Todd relatable?
    I’m going to say no. I understand that Gabriel sees Todd as his older brother but maybe it’s because I don’t remember much of last episode (I did reread quickly) or maybe because these two contestants hadn’t made much of an impression for me, but I can’t see how Todd is ‘older brother’ material. Pablo sounds like a dependable, responsible older brother and Todd has not done anything to portray the same traits as Pablo so Gabriel is seeing something there that I don’t see unless Todd looks like his older brother.

After episode 4, I don’t trust her. Will add to this as I read. Marjan’s mask is completely off this episode. I’m trying to figure out what is it that rattled her so immensely for her to show so many holes in her disguise. I can’t think of anything except that she kind of liked Mitchell and he got eliminated. It’s not enough justification for her carelessness this episode though. Hoping to find out as I go.

3. What do you think of how the situation between Matthieu and Harrison has evolved? Did you feel bad for Harrison after Todd shattered his happiness?
    Oh definitely feeling bad for Harrison. After all Matthieu is his first kiss.

Edit: Okay I just realised how short my comment is here. But if you check your blog I left you a mammoth comment about Matthieu and Harrison hahaha. Please check my true response there :lol:

4. How do you feel about what Todd did? Do you think his episode of Kev & Get More redeemed him a little bit?
    Is this episode supposed to redeem him? Because it kinda went the other way. He operated on flawed logic, went against his alliance for personal glory, showed horrible Olympic sportsmanship through a low / dirty tactic, and was inconsiderate and hurtful against Harrison. Man, what a cringe when he did that. :astonished:

Edit: Okay so I read Todd's Homecoming. I like that he grew up and realised what a d*ck of a person he is. It does help redeem him. I'll feel better reading about him if he ever makes a guest appearance. I'm going to leave my super judgey previous comment up anyway so you can see how effective your chapter was in redeeming him. :smile:

5. And about K&GM, do you like this tonal shift? Do you think I do OK with this different style of writing?
    I’m not quite sure what has shifted sorry. I’m immersing myself in the story and if there’s something technical that shifted I’m afraid I didn’t pick it up at all. All I can say is I enjoyed the story when I first started reading, and I still enjoy it now. :sweat_smile:

Arc 1 General Questions
    1.Are you upset that anyone left? Would you like to see anyone come back?
    I wouldn’t say I’m upset. I do like China so I was hoping she’d get more airtime. It felt particularly unfair when she left because during that episode there were people who deserved to go home much more than she did.

Nope I’m enjoying it. Don’t really want to predict anything. Btw, I keep forgetting to mention this in the comments but I disagreed with the participants that the Olympics was boring. I thought it was great. lol sorry for using this space I suddenly thought about it. :lol:

3. Do you have any questions for me? Or for the characters? I really liked what Yimi did when her characters answered to your questions, so I'd love to something similar!

Enca: You became a superstar at age 15 and you mentioned you were a different person when you first started out. Could you share with us how’d you make your debut and of yourself back then?

Kyungri: People are always taking jabs at the fact that you’ve went under the knife and most say it behind your back but some do say it to your face. What are your thoughts about how people treat you?

Mitchell Gabriel :lol: : In your bio, it implies that you let your community identities rule you (being dad, coach, husband) but you don’t have space to let your true self shine. Tell us more about this true self that seems to be disconnected from the roles you have to play in your community.

To ajmkv:
    1.Who’s your favourite character? Who’s your least favourite? Why?
    2.Who would be your best buddy/friend irl?
    3.Are any of your characters based off real people? Where do you get inspiration and stock for so many characters?
    4.What is a theme you like writing about (besides reality tv shows if that’s a theme)
    5.I think you’re at the end of the season, do you plan to do a season 3?

And my thoughts!
    Episodes 1 - 2
    1. Oooh, yess! Fun tidbit: I originally envisioned K&GI as a sort of machinima with music and everything but that would have taken A LOT of time that I just could not dedicate to this. I like that you can imagine music playing over their entrances, because that's exactly what I had in mind when writing that section. Imagine Enca entering with her hot smash hit "Call Me Goddess" playing in the background, haha. And well.......... kiwis. WELL. Since she mentions her "peach" a lot and that's pretty apparent, well... just think of her "kiwis" as her upper-body "assets" and there you go. This is a little joke a couple friends and I had going on so I included it here, and I make fun of it later on, haha.

2. Yes, perfect! As much as I think of myself as part of the cast, I'm never supposed to be the focus so I'm happy I didn't steal the focus from the true stars of the show. Thank you for saying I'm a great host! There's not supposed to be anything deeper there, as the story goes on I have a little more "airtime" that refers to my own character but it's not the focus and will never be, at least not in this story!

3. I like that those characters stood out for you! I think they're all pretty distinct from the beginning, and the rest kind of get developed as they go along. Honestly I'm happy that you're looking at this show from the perspective of someone who doesn't watch reality TV because I feel like a lot of the tropes I use would kind of be spoiled if you were an RTV aficionado; it works that you're just along for the ride!

4. This is going to sound weird, but I love that you're NOT here for Matthison. It's one of the most relevant plot points up until this point, and most people say they love them, but having your insight is refreshing. Matthieu makes a lot of questionable decisions that don't really represent his character very well, he's intended to be a big goofy "your destiny is written in the stars" kind of hippy guy but I think that this show put him out of his element and really forced him to choose what he truly wants and he didn't know how to deal, so he didn't really. I mean, he breaks up with Maciej eventually but he went about the whole thing in a way that came off as sneaky and even though his intentions are good, his questionable actions are often glossed over because Harrison is the star of the relationship and he's 100% pure. I really appreciate you calling Matthieu out because it's easy for me to get lost in the story and not be able to take a step back and say "hmmm, I love Matthieu, but WHAT are you doing, boy?". Hopefully he'll get a little redeemed in your eyes as the season goes along, but if he doesn't I completely understand. Patricio, well, he doesn't have much time to redeem himself, but I mentioned to Yimi before that he's one of the characters I've actually written pretty extensively about on my wiki, so I have a little soft spot for him. NOT for what he does to Enca, but because I think I'm just attached to him because I created him (and he's also from my home region, so...) You'll see him again eventually... I love what you say about Enca! I completely agree that people take the fact that she's famous to attack her as if she hasn't had to work for it, or as if she wasn't as vulnerable as the rest of the cast at points. I love seeing some love for Enca.♥

5. Buh-bye Patty Melt~

Episodes 3 - 4
    1. Yeah, it's like Charlee wrote down a list of "the things I need to do to be the mastermind queen" and didn't really take the time to think of the nuances of the competition, and thus her game has been obvious from the beginning and she's failed pretty spectacularly at becoming the clever villain. Todd took her side because she was the only one that was overtly playing dirty, and Todd thought she'd succeed (and boy, he thought wrong).

2. Thank you! I'm glad you enjoy this aspect of the competition! It's definitely not the focus (I think the interactions between the cast mates is), but since it's a competitive show I want to make sure the challenges are also enjoyable.

3. Your comment just sent me.... I'm cackling. The Flavor Girls are certainly a lot! They're actually drawn from real-life reality TV characters and a lot of what they said on K&GI (before the judging) was very accurate to their personas. They're not for everyone, that's for sure! And well, you might not be hearing from them this season, so you can breathe a sigh of relief. However, lil' spoiler here, one of them might come back in an unexpected way... sorry! :grimace:

4. You make some good points here. In my gameplay, Enca just kind of ignored the other contestants and spent a lot of time by herself after Patricio left, and only Harrison (and eventually Matthieu) made an effort to get to know her more. I see this as, she doesn't know quite how to connect with people that see her as only someone else, not as an otherworldly goddess, and so she's insecure and resorts to drinking to pass the time. She's lonely without Patricio, and her only friend (though she would never admit to anyone else that she has only one) is distracted by his own romance, so she's sad and this really puts her in a bad mental space during the competition, only coming alive when her fans shower her with easy and superficial love. I really love Enca, the character, because she's so much more than she seems and I love that she stayed even though she was in the bottom so much. I hope you'll like where her character goes in the coming episodes!

5. See above. I think that even though it's sad that she's in the bottom so much, it ultimately adds to her character. And, as you said, it's realistic for a reality show to spin this sort of trope, "the superstar who is actually a flop". Like on TV Tropes, a Fallen Princess or Glory Days trope would be accurate for Enca.

1. Fair. I think Gabriel is more wanting to say that he sees bits of Pablo's personality in Todd and wants to be good to Todd because he feels guilty about the loss of his brother, so he wants to make it up in a way by becoming that sort of older-brother figure in Todd's life. I think Gabriel would definitely talk about it a lot more had Todd stayed, but since Todd left... it's kind of left up in the air. I wrote about that particular aspect of Gabriel's life in my wiki, so I have lots of thoughts about it, haha.

2. Yes, yes! Marjan is obviously wearing a mask for now, but more will be revealed as time goes on. She let it slip when Mitchell went home because, as you said, she grew attached and almost (ahh this is bordering on spoilery) lost sight of her objective, so when she became aware of this and realized she could have gone home, she almost let everything out. She's an interesting one, that Marjan.

3. Yeah, poor Harrison. He's in over his head a little bit, this being a reality show and everything and he had his first kiss on such a major stage and under such weird circumstances... and P.S. I love your comments on the blog! Thank you!

4. Ahhh, thank you! I never intended for Todd to become a bad person, because he really isn't. He's supposed to be a little superficial and materialistic, but not a bad person. His whole "I'm so fabulous that I have a sugar daddy" persona is more meant to be a cover up for the fact that he doesn't feel like he can become famous on his own, and his actions on the show definitely came from a place of "I can finally have the glory on my own, by becoming the infamous villain!". This, obviously, didn't turn out well for him because he went about it in a hurtful and catty way. I wrote his bonus episode because I felt guilty about making him so mean when he wasn't intended to be, and I wanted readers to have a little more insight into his life and personality outside of the show. I'm glad it redeemed him a little!

5. Oh, no worries! I definitely switched the style of writing, but I mentioned to Skeilah that it doesn't matter to me if this isn't noticed because the plot is what matters, and if you're pulled so deep into the story that you don't notice something technical changing, I think this is a positive sign and I appreciate it. So thank you!

Arc 1 General Questions
    1. Completely agree! One of my biggest disappointments for this season is that China was eliminated when she was. I had so much planned for her!

2. Thank you! I loved the Olympics too, and I thought it was kind of rude that the contestants were so distracted that they didn't think it was fun. :tongue:

My characters will come out of the basement in another post to answer your questions to them. I loved them! And thank you so much for your thoughts, I enjoyed reading them a lot.♥
    Thanks @Duvelina ! Here are some thoughts about your discussion about the last couple of episodes.
    Your thoughts~
    Duvelina wrote: »
    Episode 5 and Todd's Homecoming
    1. Are Gabriel's feelings towards Todd relatable?

1. Not for me, no. I've never felt that protective over someone who's doing bad things and I barely know them. I do have older siblings, but that's what they are to me. I don't have any friends who feel like siblings or anything. Believable? Sure. Relatable? No.

2. Girl is hiding something. Probably a big, sneaky brain. I'm impatiently waiting until she spills the beans. It seems like her shell is cracking.

3. I felt so bad for Harrison. I don't understand how no one told him about Matthieu's boyfriend. Such a horrible situation and honestly, I feel like Harrison should have given him more grief for it but I also understand that this is his first real love and he has no clue how to deal with these kind of feelings yet. I remember my first love and boy, that was messy. And the rotten things I forgave him for, I'd never forgive anyone anymore. It's a process of learning. I just hope it won't be too painful for Harrison.

4. I hated how Todd went about it, but I'm someone told Harrison the truth. Otherwise Harrison would have walked around not knowing anything for a longer amount of time and possibly fall deeper in love with someone who won't tell him the truth. I don't think Todd was an inherently bad person though. I think he made a mistake and I'm glad he realised that and will try to be better from now on. TV and fame changes people. Especially a competition like this one with so much money and fame as a prize will bring out the worst in people clawing their way to the top. Todd didn't need redeeming for me, but it is good to see he admitted his mistakes and tried to right his wrongs.

5. I loved the tonal shift. It's great to see some different writing from you. The main story is obviously mostly dialogue- (or monologue-) based, so it was nice to see some narrative from your side. You're a good writer and I think these side stories are nice change of pace. I have a question though. Are all these side stories about people who left the competition or are some of them about people in the house too? Because if it's just people who left, even seeing the title of the side story is super spoilery. This particular one was obviously already full of spoilers, considering the word 'homecoming'.
    Duvelina wrote: »
    Arc 1 General Questions
    1. Are you upset that anyone left? Would you like to see anyone come back?

1. I'm not upset that anyone left, although I'd like to see China come back. I thought she had some very witty moments on the show and she was one of my favourites, so I'd like to see her again.

2. With people being able to vote (and my votes radically differing from what other people seem to like), I find it hard to predict anything in terms of who's going to leave and who's going to stay. My one prediction is that Marjan will crack and turn out to be a petty evil mastermind.

3. I love Enca, so I'd like to ask her some questions:

- How did you and Patricio get together?
    - What are your future plans? Any new albums on the horizon?
    - What are you going to do with the prize money if(/when) you win?
    - If you couldn't be a singer, what occupation would you have?
    - Do you have any other hobbies besides shaking your peach and singing your little heart out?

And my thoughts~~
    Episode 5 and Todd's Homecoming
    1. Fair point! I also haven't particularly felt this way toward a friend, much less one that I could have just met a few weeks prior, but I've seen it happen in my friend circle, so I thought it was an interesting thing to include in my story.

2. Oh, yes. :wink: That shell is cracking, and oh golly, when you see what she's hiding... her secret is that she's actually a ladybug masquerading as a human this whole time. ~~ But really, I'm excited for you to continue learning about her!

3. You've hit the nail on the head. Harrison doesn't know how to deal with the circumstances surrounding his first love, so it's normal that he's feeling lost and doesn't know how to react. I think that as time goes along he'll be stronger for it, and I hope you'll see that in him. :)

4. Oh, yes! I agree with you. Enca and Kyungri both knew what was coming but instead of telling Harrison about it, they only tried to prevent Todd from saying it instead (and this doesn't make them bad imo, they just didn't want Harrison to deal with something so personal on television). So, I agree that it's good that Todd told Harrison, although he could have done it in a muuuuch better way. And I love what you say about him! You're so right that people can lose themselves with so much at stake, and I'm glad that you didn't consider Todd to be an awful person just because he made a mistake. I also think that way, and that's why I wanted to include his bonus. Plus, I mentioned the winner of the last season and his rumored "sugar daddy" role so much, I wanted to give a glance into that situation.

5. Thank you so much! I love writing in different styles, and even though I default to the very dialogue-heavy tv script style when writing for K&GI, it's nice for me to be able to have spots where I don't have to follow this style. I'm happy you liked the change! And thank you, I think you're a good writer, too, and I am honored that you think I am one, too. :flushed:
    Good question! Not all the side stories are about the people that left; in fact, only three of the nine I've done so far are for eliminated contestants and even then I don't always write those right after their eliminations, so just looking at the titles shouldn't be too spoilery. But yes, I totally agree that "Todd's Homecoming" is a pretty spoilery title, yikes! I don't think any of the subsequent titles are particularly spoilery, but I'll try to avoid these kinds of spoilers in the titles as I move forward. And this comment is really timely, actually, because I'm naming the final episode of the main series, and I wanted to name it as the previous ones ("The Boy/Boys/Girl/Girls Who...") but I know naming the final one "The Girl Who Wins" or "The Boy Who Wins" or any variation of that could be super spoilery. So I think I'll do something like "The Housemate Who Takes It All" as a callback to the first episode, or something like that. :)

Arc 1 General Questions
    1. I will say this: you will definitely see China again. How? When?.... You'll have to tune in :wink:

2. I agree with you about the votes! Even I couldn't have predicted where the season ended up due to people having control of the eliminations (like, I had a whoooooole thing planned for China and then, ooop, she's gone by Episode 4. Same with Mitchell, I had a whole "coming out of his shell" ultimate moment, and then, naaah. So... yeah). About your Marjan prediction: let's just say that her becoming a true evil mastermind is possible.~

Thank you so much for your answers to all my questions! I enjoyed reading each of them, and had fun answering back. And thank you for reading, as well. It's such a joy for me to see comments from you and everyone else in this circle, and I love reading them. I'll answer your questions for the characters in one final response confessional section, tonight or tomorrow! Cheers♥

@ajamkeevin I'm glad I could say something helpful about the episode titles!

Technical Questions
    1. Is the blog working well for you? I've spent a lot of time looking for a good theme that kind of gives off the whimsy feeling that I want to put forth in the story.
    2. I went back and replaced all the images in each episode with ones that are much smaller in file size to make the pages load faster. Is this working well for you?
    3. The Episodes used to be one big chunk, with Eliminations separate. They're now 2 - 6 parts to make the reading easier, what do you think of this choice?
    4. Do you want more notes? I include a few here and there, but probably 0 after this first chunk of episodes.

1. I love the way your blog looks and it's very easy to navigate. I like the cast page especially! It looks so sharp and clean. It's a joy to look at.

2. I hadn't read your story before so I wouldn't have known about the pictures being smaller, but I never had to wait for the screenshots to load so that's good. I have a gaming laptop anyway so it should be able to handle pictures in a browser pretty well, no matter what. I think the screenshots are clear and pretty.

3. I think it was a good stylistic choice, honestly. I do read everything in one big chunk so it didn't matter in that regard, but I do like being able to comment on events separately without having to scroll past millions of pictures.

4. I don't think I need more notes. The story speaks for itself, although I always like to read what your creative process was like!
    I left off on the moment where everyone was sharing what their female protagonists think of each other, so I'm going to do the same for Liz.

Kass: Liz would like Kass, although there's a little age difference between them. If Liz hired nanny's instead of bringing her kids to daycare and Kass was an option, she would definitely pick Kass and have a good relationship with her. They would talk about everything when Liz returns home on the couch and just have a good time.

Sofia: Liz can be gloomy herself from time to time so I think she would get where Sofia is coming from. Liz would invite her over for sure and try to help her as much as she can. Maybe even give her some of her magical food from time to time.

Morgana: Just like Kass, there's a little age difference between these two, but Morgana looks a lot like Ella in Liz her eyes. I read that Morgana is terrified of dogs, but if Morgana would ever come over, Brent would take Ninja to a really long doggie walk, so she doesn't need to be scared.

Athena: Another young person! This is the moment where I realize that Liz is old and she's not getting any younger xD Because of Liz being older and wiser, I think they would still show respect to each other, but I don't think there would be more than that, given that Athena can snap real quick and the same goes for Liz.

Kyungri: Just like Kev says, Liz an Kyungri come from total different worlds but in the end I think Liz and Kyungri could become really good friends. They are around the same age right now and although they live in different circumstances, they are a lot alike on many other things.

----

For the awards, thanks for organizing them, Kev! I do have a question for you all. My cast isn't so big as your cast and although the female and male protagonists are pretty obvious (Liz and Brent), I'm not sure who to choose for male/female secondary character:
    - Male: Ninja/Oliver??
    - Female: Alison/Ella??

I don't knowwwwwww.

----

Also @ajamkeevin, I'll come back to your responses later because I have so much to dooooo xD I had a great weekend, but it was also exhausting. I slept 12+ hours today and I'm still a little tired :P
    @Skeilah Good to hear you had a great weekend! For male secondary character, I'd go with Ninja for sure. I think you'd be able to rack up some votes with that cinnamon roll.

Your female one is harder. For me, I'd say Alison because she's so sweet to her mom in helping out and being the person we've seen for the longest amount of time out of the three kids.
    @Skeilah aw, hope you can get some more rest today! No worries about getting back to my answers, you can do it whenever you have time. I loved what Liz would think about the characters! I really do think she and Kyungri would be good friends. :) And I also agree that maybe Ninja could be the male secondary character? I was thinking I was going to nominate him in the Fan-Favorite character anyway so it would work ;)

@Duvelina thanks for your answers to my technical questions! I'm happy to read that the blog is working well and looks nice to you.♥ And thank you for your nominations! I'm home all day and just buzzing to receive them and put some graphics together. :P
    Okay, in that case Ninja will be the male :P Sorry Oliver, but you'll have your moment of fame when you become the protagonist xD Now the female side... It's really difficult because I like them both in their own ways.
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Are we nominating our own characters or others' characters? I only ask because of what @Skeilah said above.

Loving Kev&GetIt @ajamkeevin. I'm slowly catching up and hope to answer questions soon.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited July 2020
    @AdamsEve1231 Our own! You nominate whoever you want and when the voting comes around, we can vote on each other.

@everyone I think we don't need to clarify that the idea isn't to vote on your own nominees, right? In my opinion, voting should be reserved to other people's nominees but I don't know what your stance is?
    Oh, hang on. It's supposed to be our own? Because I totally did the opposite. :sweat_smile:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    @_sims_Yimi That's what I thought because we had to send pictures with our nominees. And Kevin gave the example of not submitting his own story for slice of life.
    @ajamkeevin Captain?
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Ah hey! Well, you could technically do both but just to make sure we have nominees from each story, send me nominees from your own story (and this is mainly so we have specific ones for the character and scene categories - a lot of the other categories are very general). @_sims_Yimi I like that you sent nominees from other stories, I'll take those into account as well!

What I'm going to aim for is at least 6 nominees (one for each of us) in each category, but some categories could have less (for example, if you feel like your story doesn't quite fit into one or more of the categories, like mine for the "Best Slice of Life").
    Sorry for being stupid but what exactly is the best slice of life award?
    edited July 2020
    @Skeilah Not stupid at all! I was also confused about that term when I first started writing. I think an online definition is better at explaining it than me:
    The slice of life category of story is a story that portrays a "cut-out" sequence of events in a character's life. It may or may not contain any plot progress and little character development, and often has no exposition, conflict, or dénouement, with an open ending. It usually tries to depict the everyday life of ordinary people.

So for the award, a story that fits this genre. For example, mine wouldn't, I think. Yours definitely does!
    edited July 2020
    Producer: Thirsty for more juicy answers from your favorite K&GI housemates?
    Let's join them for a second round of Q&A with questions from you!

Producer: Kyungri, to the confessional room, please! Kyungri, to the confessional room.

WfBz8J8.jpg

Kyungri: Yes? Darling, I love answering questions from fans but you seem to call me at such inconvenient times...
    Producer: Kyungri, um, you're literally always here. What could you even be doing at this hour?
    Kyungri: Never mind that. What do my adoring fans have to ask me?
    Producer: Yeah, uh, OK. Well, a wonderful fan named @mercuryfoam has the following question for you: "People are always taking jabs at the fact that you’ve went under the knife and most say it behind your back but some do say it to your face. What are your thoughts about how people treat you?"

j5hQ2K7.jpg

Kyungri: Oh, I like this question! Listen, I think I've made it clear on the show that I am not ashamed of constantly sculpting my body and face to become the stunning beauty that I am now. I'd like to say "oh, people are just afraid of my flawless looks", but honestly I know that most people laugh at my commitment to the knife. I can't particularly say that they're wrong, I mean. Do I wish I had been blessed with perfect features from birth? Of course! But we all hold the keys to our own happiness, and if mine includes sculpting my own face into a visage that I am proud to see in the mirror and present to others, then why should what other people say bother me?
    Producer: Wow, Kyungri, that's great—
    Kyungri: I'm not finished, darling. Anyway, do I wish people would treat me with a little more respect, both to my face and behind my back? Yes, I truly do. But I've learned to not take what people say too seriously, and when someone comes to me with genuine appreciation, it's that much better. You could say I'm unbothered, but I suppose my heart does flutter when someone looks behind the mask and appreciates me for me.
    Producer: May I speak? *Kyungri nods* Well, that's awesome, Kyungri! Thank you so much for your candor.
    Kyungri: You're welcome. And thank you, @mercuryfoam, for your question! Now, I'm going back to get my beauty sleep. Even plastic needs rest.
    Producer: Excellent. All right, let's get Enca in here.

LpB7MBH.jpg

Enca: Hi honey! You're lucky I'm taking a break from filming my music video for my next smash hit, Break Down.
    Producer: Enca, my goddess, we have several questions for you! So let's get to it, shall we?
    Enca: *Humming to herself* Just want your loving on my body oooh oooh...
    Producer: *Under his breath* I swear, I don't get paid enough. *Interrupts Enca's off-key humming* AHEM, Enca. So! @mercuryfoam has a question for you: "You became a superstar at age 15 and you mentioned you were a different person when you first started out. Could you share with us how’d you make your debut and of yourself back then?"

1peeFCC.jpg

Enca: Ah yes... *looks off into the distance* All those years ago... well, I used to do covers of popular songs on YouTube, you know, just me in my bedroom. I thought I was so good! And well, I decided to go on The Voice of Albania because I thought I was the hottest new thing in the world. I really thought that! So I go on, audition by singing Lady Gaga's You And I, my whole family is there supporting me...and NONE of the judges wanted me for their teams, honey. Those chairs remained unturned! And... I was crushed. One of them even told me I sounded timid and afraid, that my voice wasn't quite up to par...
    Producer: Oh wow...
    Enca: Right? Goodness. I was so sad about that... but they were right! I wasn't ready. My voice was underdeveloped. I wasn't ready for the stage. So I worked on myself, crafted an image that was so far removed from the timid girl that tried to enchant the country on a reality competition. I built myself up from the ground! So I released a couple singles, they were all right, but then I released a little song, you might know it, A Po T'Pelqen, and in the video I was splashing around in a pool, spinning a disco ball around, asking people "Do you like it?"... and they did! They really did! The video got over 40 million views, and just like that Enca was born. No more shy girl, the diva had arrived! I even won Best New Artist at that year's Albanian Music Awards.
    Producer: That's awesome, Enca! Wow! Here's a few more questions related to this one:

3gWK5GR.jpg

Enca: I love this!
    Producer: Me too! Right, so, the lovely @Duvelina has several questions for you! The first couple being: "If you couldn't be a singer, what occupation would you have?" and "Do you have any other hobbies besides shaking your peach and singing your little heart out?"
    Enca: Ooooh, I love these questions! So, I love being a singer, but I'm also really into art and painting. You could say they're some of my hobbies when I'm not on stage. I spend so much time creating things! I think I would love to be an artist, you know, painting or maybe owning an art gallery. *giggles* I even had a music video where I owned an art gallery! I love to think that eventually I'll retire and just spend my days painting...
    Producer: That's lovely, Enca! I wouldn't have expected that from you...
    Enca: This fruit salad always has a hidden delight, you know. *winks*
    Producer: Oh... um. Right. So @Duvelina has a few more questions: "How did you and Patricio get together?", "What are your future plans? Any new albums on the horizon?", and "What are you going to do with the prize money if(/when) you win?"

toFPQix.jpg

Enca: Yay! I love questions! OK, so Patricio and I met during one of my concerts in Mexico. He was covering my tour for his Simsta, he's an influencer, and I just couldn't resist wanting to get to know him more, so after we bumped into each other again at a nightclub, I invited him on my tour as my personal assistant, you know, to help keep my Simsta up to date, and then we just kind of... fit together, you know what I mean? He treated me like a queen, I fell in love, and we've been inseparable since. I know he's not the most humble of guys—
    Producer: *under his breath* That's for sure...
    Enca: —but he's a sweetie when we're off screen and I can't imagine not having him in my life! So there. About my future plans? Well, I'm actually releasing a brand new single for the finale of K&GI, and I want to have an album out before the end of the year! I've just been so creative when coming up with songs, and I'm buzzed about this new audience I've gained. And well, when I win the money... I'm going to spend some of it on a brand new pool for my home in the Mediterranean, I'm going to invest some into recording equipment... and I think I'll donate a lot of it to a music academy for young singers in Albania. A generous goddess always gives back!
    Producer: IF you win... that sounds wonderful! Such a lovely plan.
    Enca: Thank you honey! Well, I'm expected back on set for my music video filming. Thanks everyone for the questions! *giggles and breezes out*
    Producer: All right, can we get Mitchell in here?

KBLf5YI.jpg

Mitchell: Oh, hey everyone!
    Producer: Hi Mitchell! All right, so, @mercuryfoam has a question for—oh snap, it's actually for Gabriel! Sorry to disturb you...

v06mmw4.jpg

Mitchell: *sighs* Figures....
    Producer: No, Mitchell! You're actually beloved and have made a good impression on the fans... just, you know, no questions for now.
    Mitchell: Well, that's good! I love you all, too!
    Producer: All right, let's get Gabriel in here now...

6DOx13B.jpg

Producer: Hi, Papi! Good to see you here!
    Gabriel: It's good to be here, man!
    Producer: Now Gabriel, you've been a controversial character at points, and some of the fans have some burning questions to ask. @mercuryfoam has this question: "In your bio, it implies that you let your community identities rule you (being dad, coach, husband) but you don’t have space to let your true self shine. Tell us more about this true self that seems to be disconnected from the roles you have to play in your community." What say you to that?

xsdfEVr.jpg

Gabriel: Aahh... that's a question I wasn't expecting. *looks down* I think... when I answered that question on my cast description questionnaire, I was feeling like I was a little lost. You know?
    Producer: Right.
    Gabriel: I've mentioned this on the show, but I lost my older brother in a car crash when I was younger. That was... a huge loss for me, and my life up until that point just kind of turned meaningless. Like, I felt like I was going through the motions, and everything that happened after just kinda happened. Don't get me wrong, I love my family and my profession very much, I'm generally a happy guy, but... I don't know, I think I have a lot of unexplored feelings.
    Producer: Of loss? Or something else?
    Gabriel: I suppose you could say that. *sigh* I don't feel too comfortable talking about this here, but honestly... yeah, I think I haven't had time to address my loss in a healthy way and I've become kind of detached from a lot of things. To avoid more heartbreak, you know?
    Producer: Gabriel, we here at K&GI are so proud to have you here. I hope you can get the answers you seek from life, but in the meantime, we're happy to be able to get to know you.
    Gabriel: Thanks. Thanks! I'm sorry, I don't mean to be a downer, but I'm going to go now...
    Producer: No worries. Now, can we get Marjan in here?

ofuZvc6.jpg

Producer: Marjan, my lovely ladybug! How's it going tonight?
    Marjan: I'm positively vibrating, Mr. Producer! Such a sweet night, full of honey and syrup, like a pancake smothered in b—
    Producer: Yes, yes! Marjan, you've been an interesting contestant to watch. A wonderful fan, @Skeilah , has said this about you: "Marjan is the typical ‘dumb blondie’ from the Netherlands xD I’m constantly like ‘come on, Marjan, just think!’" What do you say to that?
    Marjan: Good thing I'm not a blonde, right? Anyway, Mr. Pro, I've gotta go.
    Producer: But Marjan, you just! *Marjan runs off* Oh well, um, let's get Charlee in here then.

3a8fzmK.jpg

Charlee: Heeeeeey losers!
    Producer: *sighs* Always a delight, huh Charlee?
    Charlee: You know it!
    Producer: Well Charlee, you are... not beloved, let's put it that way. I have some thoughts; @Skeilah says: "I just want to kick Charlee under her behind for what she’s been doing in this game, ugh I just don’t like her." Yeesh! What do you say to that?

dh1bjCo.jpg

Charlee: SKEILAH! I'll remember that name, girl, I am coming for you! You better watch out, look over your shoulder, because Empress Charlee is coming for your wig!
    Producer: Oh yikes, um, well, let's cut it off here, shall we?

Eeek, sorry that was long! I still have a couple questions to get to, but I'll get to those a little later, otherwise this post would be suuuuper long. Anyway, hope y'all enjoyed this second helping of Q&A with your fave K&GI housemates!♥