Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone Besides me Like Spark?

13...Next

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Camkat wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »
    I doubt that you do, otherwise you wouldn't have insulted everyone in the show. If that is called liking, then I hope that I never "like" the show.

I never said I liked the show... I was curious... and how did I insult everyone in the show? Because I didn't like the show's format and found it boring is hardly an insult to the game changers on the show. I watch most of them on their own channels.
    Oh I wasn't meaning you. OP has been attacking the contestants and judges since the show aired calling them Simon Cowell and misogynist. So makes it really hard to believe them. They were getting really mad at the contestants that got voted off mentioning the color of their skin being one of the many reasons why they did.

Actually in the first episode one of the contestants called SimGuruNinja the Simon Cowell of the judges' team. :D

(Episode 2 spoiler below the thread)
    I think the fact that XmiramiraX is still in kind of puts the folks who claim skin color was a factor in a different light. If they allowed people to choose their own teams it might have been a different outcome rather than going with a random draw, but then again it might have just ended up a big popularity contest within the contestants. As one who was typically picked last for every single event in school (Clumsy trait here) I can relate to that fear. The eliminated team just didn't jell.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

Actually in the first episode one of the contestants called SimGuruNinja the Simon Cowell of the judges' team. :D

(Episode 2 spoiler below the thread)
    I think the fact that XmiramiraX is still in kind of puts the folks who claim skin color was a factor in a different light. If they allowed people to choose their own teams it might have been a different outcome rather than going with a random draw, but then again it might have just ended up a big popularity contest within the contestants. As one who was typically picked last for every single event in school (Clumsy trait here) I can relate to that fear. The eliminated team just didn't jell.
    Ah thanks. I was wondering where it came from. I agree nice they picked randomly too and sorry you were picked last. Don't worry, I pick that trait for my selfSim. I drop things at work all the time, I had to buy myself a gopher claw to pick things up since bad back.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    People complained that a few simmers on show stream content not their 'skill' on show I saw in a very brief instance that the little badges they grabbed had nothing on them but the icon so the streamers themselves picked which skill their assigned
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
    WolfNate wrote: »
    People complained that a few simmers on show stream content not their 'skill' on show I saw in a very brief instance that the little badges they grabbed had nothing on them but the icon so the streamers themselves picked which skill their assigned

If there is a second season with the contestants chosen from the Sparkd Challenges going on, they'll be able to sort out better who is a stylist, who is a builder and who is a storyteller so the teams will be more balanced. If you're a streamer you're pretty much Jack Of All Trades unless you simply do speed builds on YouTube or something similar. (I wouldn't mind being on the show -- I could add some age diversity since I'm older than dirt... :D )
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »

If there is a second season with the contestants chosen from the Sparkd Challenges going on, they'll be able to sort out better who is a stylist, who is a builder and who is a storyteller so the teams will be more balanced. If you're a streamer you're pretty much Jack Of All Trades unless you simply do speed builds on YouTube or something similar. (I wouldn't mind being on the show -- I could add some age diversity since I'm older than dirt... :D )

The contestants didn't get to chose their roles, they picked them out of a hat. I think they did that on purpose so people wouldn't just choose the part they are more comfortable with.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Duvelina wrote: »
    @crocobaura They're popular in the community. They're the ones gaining any traction. They're probably the only reason people in this community would even watch the show. From next season on, it might be because of creativity but I don't think that's the reason EA chose them now. Not to say that game changers aren't doing something right, but there are way more creative people in the community than them.

Whew I agree. Have any of you ever watched stop motion builders? the things they create with objects without cc. I believe their talent and skill is unmatched, as far as building goes.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I liked it well enough. I thought it was interesting though, yes, I'd probably prefer it to be less competitive. I think I'd rather see more challenges before eliminating the teams. That said, I'm not a massive tv watcher. Anyway, I'm someone who liked it because I like the series but I also don't think it's something to stress out about. I'll admit that I've never seen anything like it in terms of watching people play a computer game on tv.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    i liked it ...like many folks ..i thought the time element provided for the content requested was too short and that needs to be tweaked a bit ..i also think that if it is possible then it could be more interesting if each person worked on their own assigned parts separate..then the group can come together...i mean they could somewhat agree on an overall theme and then go to work on their part...i know the grand prize is really nice and this should not be easy but it needs to perhaps be a bit more possible to be as interesting as it has the potential to be
  • ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 367 Member
    Since I don't get TBS as I live in Canada I watched it on video and I'm sorry but it wasn't at all what I expected
    To me it seemed like they left parts out of it as they didn't show anything what I was hoping to see
    Will I watch episode 2 tomorrow night it depends if you tube will corporate and work instead of country warning errors which I have been getting on my fire kindle since Wednesday
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I really liked it. I think it's very fun and entertaining to watch. I don't know why everyone thinks it's so hated? The first episode on youtube has 20,000 likes vs 2000 dislikes which is 10x more positive & the second episode so far has 5800 likes vs 485 dislikes, isn't that good? I think it's doing okay. I hope there is another season.

What did you think of episode 2? xmiramira's storytelling and the team's voice acting amazing.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I think its okay but they are spending alot of money on the show, instead they could be spending this money too make the sims 4 more awesome, the game is riddled by bugs and still lacking after 6 years , But they can make a show, the 100k etc could go towards packs making them more detailed, saying as the developers always go on about budget lol
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    I think its okay but they are spending alot of money on the show, instead they could be spending this money too make the sims 4 more awesome, the game is riddled by bugs and still lacking after 6 years , But they can make a show, the 100k etc could go towards packs making them more detailed, saying as the developers always go on about budget lol

Except I don't think much, if any money, came from EA or Maxis for this. They're actually spending almost nothing to make this show. I'm pretty sure it was funded by the TV station it airs on and Buzzfeed and I think the prize money was from Buzzfeed. The only thing that I can see here that they might have paid for was SimGuru Ninja's wages but who knows? He very well might have filmed this outside of his office hours. Besides, one man not at work for a few days to film this would hardly make a dent in bug fixes or game quality. ;) They literally took nothing from the studios to make this. If anything, if this causes more people to buy packs after viewing them on the show, it could make for a better game.
    Origin ID: Peapod79

Except I don't think much, if any money, came from EA or Maxis for this. They're actually spending almost nothing to make this show. I'm pretty sure it was funded by the TV station it airs on and Buzzfeed and I think the prize money was from Buzzfeed. The only thing that I can see here that they might have paid for was SimGuru Ninja's wages but who knows? He very well might have filmed this outside of his office hours. Besides, one man not at work for a few days to film this would hardly make a dent in bug fixes or game quality. ;) They literally took nothing from the studios to make this. If anything, if this causes more people to buy packs after viewing them on the show, it could make for a better game.

The show was filmed during normal working hours and it took place in the lobby of the EA office building. It was not a side project that they did in their spare time. The TV station might have supplied the employees to do the show for no cost to EA, but I don't think they also supplied the prize money. Neither did Buzzfeed, they are already supplying Kelsey as a judge and with regular promo for the sims game on their channel. Since EA hired HollieBB to manage the challenges, it's safe to assume that this show is their brain child and they are also supplying the prize money for it. This is a big marketing drive disguised as small budget summer entertainment.
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited July 2020
    I don't get why xmiramira keeps taking over the storytelling aspect. She kind of bulldozes over Dr. Gluon, the storyteller of the group. It particularly annoyed me in the second episode. I think their personalities just don't work together.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    It was just a week.the cost probably is.Getting people to come for contestants.Tickets, and hotel stays, and the prize money.
    crocobaura wrote: »

The show was filmed during normal working hours and it took place in the lobby of the EA office building. It was not a side project that they did in their spare time. The TV station might have supplied the employees to do the show for no cost to EA, but I don't think they also supplied the prize money. Neither did Buzzfeed, they are already supplying Kelsey as a judge and with regular promo for the sims game on their channel. Since EA hired HollieBB to manage the challenges, it's safe to assume that this show is their brain child and they are also supplying the prize money for it. This is a big marketing drive disguised as small budget summer entertainment.

Ok, fair enough. A little money went into it.

The lobby of a building that they're paying for anyways doesn't much concern me that they're taking anything away from the franchise in terms of money of bug fixes. I did forget about the hiring of HollieBB, however, that I should think would have come out of the marketing budget, not the bug fixes or development teams.

Of course the whole show is a marketing drive. As is the gallery contest. People might even buy extra packs to help their builds in the gallery contest for a chance of winning!

I still don't think it's taking anything away from development or fixes. That money was going to spent on marketing regardless and personally, I'd rather see all of this. It's slightly more entertaining for me personally than them just dropping $100k on some celebrity that I have never heard of for a 30 second ad to promote the game. :/
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    @Camkat wrote: »
    Of course the whole show is a marketing drive. As is the gallery contest. People might even buy extra packs to help their builds in the gallery contest for a chance of winning!

Very, very true.

Ok, fair enough. A little money went into it.

The lobby of a building that they're paying for anyways doesn't much concern me that they're taking anything away from the franchise in terms of money of bug fixes. I did forget about the hiring of HollieBB, however, that I should think would have come out of the marketing budget, not the bug fixes or development teams.

I still don't think it's taking anything away from development or fixes. That money was going to spent on marketing regardless and personally, I'd rather see all of this. It's slightly more entertaining for me personally than them just dropping $100k on some celebrity that I have never heard of for a 30 second ad to promote the game. :/

100K is only the prize money for this season's contest. A lot more was spent on research and setting up the show. A whole lot of effort will go into sorting the gallery to find the winners and then set up the show for another season and more prize money. Maybe this money wouldn't have been spent on development anyway, but it shows where EA priorities are. Also, who know how this will influence the development of future sims games if they consider the show to be a hit.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Finally got to watch it this week and I enjoyed it a lot. I thought Team Llama was the weakest on the first show but their story this week was just great. These are stories I like to tell.... Aging star finding a supernatural way to get youth back, aliens taking slave prisoners, and deviant mermaid kidnappers. It was fun to watch and gave me more ideas for sure. I think I enjoyed it more with less contestants too... so next week should be even better since it's one more team down.
    egTcBMc.png
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited July 2020

It says it is sponsored by EA here (Look for italics):
    https://www.eleague.com/sims-sparkd/news/reality-competition-show

I’m enjoying the show but a bit resentful they cut corners on this game and spend the money on marketing.
    babajayne wrote: »

I’m enjoying the show but a bit resentful they cut corners on this game and spend the money on marketing.

Thanks for the link! :)

I'm still of the mind that I'd rather them pay $100k to these winners than already millionaire celebrities.

100K is only the prize money for this season's contest. A lot more was spent on research and setting up the show. A whole lot of effort will go into sorting the gallery to find the winners and then set up the show for another season and more prize money. Maybe this money wouldn't have been spent on development anyway, but it shows where EA priorities are. Also, who know how this will influence the development of future sims games if they consider the show to be a hit.

I do wonder how much research went into this. I didn't see any surveys or any kind of trickle of hints that a TV show would be in the works. Competitions but not an actual show. Competitions can be run fairly cheaply in the gallery, as they are doing, but your right, it's going to be a task to sort that mess out later to find the winners. Some better filters are needed and some moderation for next time. I hope.

I'm still of the mind that I'd rather them pay $100k to these winners than already millionaire celebrities.
    I definitely agree with you there. I’d like to see any of those GCers get that money.

I do wonder how much research went into this. I didn't see any surveys or any kind of trickle of hints that a TV show would be in the works. Competitions but not an actual show. Competitions can be run fairly cheaply in the gallery, as they are doing, but your right, it's going to be a task to sort that mess out later to find the winners. Some better filters are needed and some moderation for next time. I hope.

They do make research before they invest any serious time and money into any project, to see how well it might be received, and I don't mean the gameplay quizzes they put out every now and then. Even the game changers program wasn't born overnight and I understand HollieBB was a gamechanger so who knows how long this was in the works. They must have long term plans if they hired her AND another person to help her. It might not be that difficult to sort out winners, but they would need to change the coding to the gallery, then they will also need to make sure the winners are not underage to be able to go on the show. Moderation at this point is useless considering that the entire world is able to upload stuff and the only filter that seems to be in place is the one for the challenge tags.

EA's probably not spending that much money -- since it's presented by ELEAGUE they and TBS/Buzzfeed are probably fronting the lion's share of the investment. EA provides the packs (which already existed anyway), the space (right there at corporate; I heard it was filmed during the fall Sims Camp) and @SimGuruNinja time as a judge. It's a four-week series but the actual recording was likely done in the space of maybe a week at the most.

EA's probably not spending that much money -- since it's presented by ELEAGUE they and TBS/Buzzfeed are probably fronting the lion's share of the investment. EA provides the packs (which already existed anyway), the space (right there at corporate; I heard it was filmed during the fall Sims Camp) and @SimGuruNinja time as a judge. It's a four-week series but the actual recording was likely done in the space of maybe a week at the most.
    Here is another article stating that EA is the sponsor.
    https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200708005318/en/Electronic-Arts-Creates-New-Reality-Competition-Show