Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your "Sims 2" Memories (A Photo Album)

SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
edited March 2021 in The Sims 2
Hey guys,

So do you ever have moments when you go back to The Sims 2 and experience something in the game that makes you say "oh man the Sims 2 was the best!". Usually it's things that don't exist in other games but they can also be certain situations you can't replicate in the other games, or an athmospheric feeling, maybe a feeling of nostalgia or just an animation you really missed. When this happens to me I usually take a snapshot of that moment so I can look at it after some time.

This is why I decided I wanted to start a thread where everyone can post pictures or videos of moments in the Sims 2 gameplay that made you say "This moment is what makes the Sims 2 the best". This way we could maybe create something like a photo album of our favorite moments unique to the Sims 2.

1 Rule:

-I believe a picture is worth a 1000 words so you don't have to include a huge explanation of the picture. This is also not a thread to list ways the sims 2 is better than the other games or start comparison arguments. It's more up the pictures to prove the point.
Of course if you feel like you want to include a short explanation of the picture so we all understand the context that's completely fine.

Example: (sorry for the low resolution, you can post higher res pics of course if you like)

I was trying to find a creative way to propose and remembered this awesome interaction:

Ds5ZMjE.jpg

I was playing the game for about 10-15 minutes and this chaos occured. This picture really gives me Sims 2 nostalgia.

DTG1YLA.jpg

Same with the next one:

NKpSTBr.jpg

Now it's your turn!
:blush:
Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
Post edited by SimmerGeorge on

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    edited July 2020
    Lovely! I enjoy going back to Pleasantview every year to mess up their lives. :lol:

My favorite game play is the Apocalypse Challenge. This was chaos...
    It started when my Sim was trying to save her dinner and a teen ran up make it difficult. So, what's the best thing for the game to do? Send an elder Sim to catch on fire. Nothing could save her... but the hamburgers were saved. :(
    PIhOXap.png

She's now a ghost I can't get rid of. She wanders the house keeping my Sim awake.
    nvtLbRu.png

My Sim made it to being able to marry. The next night the ghost had to roam.
    cUiXucN.png

What could they do? Run upstairs...
    eIADySK.png

The stairs were pulled up so the ghost couldn't use them. They were safe, for now.
    lQKs6oR.png

She finally got pregnant with their 2nd child but the food supplies are short. She eats what she can... and gets food poisoning.
    7KAiNEa.png

Luckily she's able to take care of their toddler and baby while tossing her cookies and getting breaks to rest.
    H9acLyG.png

Love it~ :heart::mrgreen:

• SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Luckily she's able to take care of their toddler and baby while tossing her cookies and getting breaks to rest.
    H9acLyG.png

Oh yeah right. I loved the sink baths. I wasn't sure if you could do them by yourself or if it was an autonomous interaction.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    H9acLyG.png

Oh yeah right. I loved the sink baths. I wasn't sure if you could do them by yourself or if it was an autonomous interaction.

Yes, bathing babies in the sink is an option on all sinks (when there's a baby in the house). It's cute. They don't have the changing tables yet. :)
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Lovely pics/memories everyone :)

As I was late to S2 I was amazed by all the little things that make the game for me such as actually shopping and bringing the basket home-)

aMj8gCn.png

one of the first times I noticed the penguin

eJedUR8.jpg

the way loads of sims turn up to a birthday party-)

BQrvH0O.png

the way sims cuddle while asleep

3v1WZIg.jpg

I know many people hate her but I love Mrs. Crumple

tUrALbl.jpg

my first rock star vamp

HJxpgiK.jpg

I made an ice cream parlor sims loved it and never stopped dancing

WF9x38f.jpg

and last but not least i love all things babies kids and toddlers especially twins :)

gpjGDy2.jpg

i love the talking through the toys to the kiddos

8kGaYWD.png
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    Lovely pics/memories everyone :)

As I was late to S2 I was amazed by all the little things that make the game for me such as actually shopping and bringing the basket home-)

aMj8gCn.png

one of the first times I noticed the penguin

eJedUR8.jpg

the way loads of sims turn up to a birthday party-)

BQrvH0O.png

the way sims cuddle while asleep

3v1WZIg.jpg

I know many people hate her but I love Mrs. Crumple

tUrALbl.jpg

my first rock star vamp

HJxpgiK.jpg

I made an ice cream parlor sims loved it and never stopped dancing

WF9x38f.jpg

and last but not least i love all things babies kids and toddlers especially twins :)

gpjGDy2.jpg

i love the talking through the toys to the kiddos

8kGaYWD.png

aw it's tigger! how you do that?
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Sunflowergal227

In the game sims can talk through certain toys to babies (and toddlers I think) Tigger in the picture is a CC toy that I was very surprised to find my sims could talk through when i placed them in game. Its defo a cute interaction :)