Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I really, really, really want bigger households.

The one thing MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE, that I want to see in this game, is an option to enable "Extended Family Size". There is plenty of room on the right side of the toolbar to place another eight sims. I really don't like using mods, so MCCC is out. I have a family of 13 that I've been dying to play, but can't. Not in Sims 3, or 4 so far.

And while I'm on the subject, please add icons somewhere that represents NPC's like butlers. They tend to get lost in a generational home, and we have to manually find them. Clicking on one, like with pets, would be a godsend.

(Not a petition, just my thoughts, and a little begging.)
This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.

Comments

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    More than 8 Sims is a lot and I have only used a mod for it in TS3 once for story telling but I see no problem with it as the mods of course do not have a portrait for each Sim.

I would actually like to see more options for stories and films in The Sims :smile:

Having a butler or other NPC in a similar way as a pet would be useful as well. Even if it was a repair Sim.

The funny thing is in the old days rich families used to include their servants in family portraits. They where sometimes seen as... pets...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    I wouldn't mind bigger households (although 13 would overwhelm the heck out of me), but right now I'd settle for how household size was handled in previous Sims games, where pets don't take up one of the 8 slots, but the overall cap for a save was 10 when you add the two together, so you could have 8 sims and two pets, 6 sims and four pets, whatever. It's especially frustrating because you can't control pets in TS4 (which I DON'T mind, to be clear), so having them take up a 'real' slot is extra irritating.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited July 2020
    I have to agree. I'd like 10 slots, but at least some dedicated pet slots. To have decorative NPCs taking up family slots is a flat out inconvenience.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I'd like 12-14 personally. I'd like some houses to have larger families and pets with grandparents still living with them. Also, pets should not be taking up a household slot, especially since they are NPC's.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I want this so bad. I really really need the space for more sims😣😣😣the mod has it's problems
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • ShaytanShaytan Posts: 11 New Member
    I don't really get the reasoning behind the cap, it's not as if the game would get unstable past that, since that it works fine for the most part through mods. Overly challenging to the player? Perhaps, though that's the whole fun of it if one chose to make such household.

I suppose it might also have to do with ensuring best performance for all players, given machines with less processing power or RAM could struggle to have that much action happening all the time? It's quite weird if so, after all I don't recall people complaining about that matter regarding inviting larger amounts of Sims over to a lot.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    8 household is just so small with cats and dogs being npcs and taking a household spot and if we ever get horses and they do the same almost half the spots would be taken by unplayable animals if you wanted 1 of each.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited July 2020
    Camkat wrote: »
    I'd like 12-14 personally. I'd like some houses to have larger families and pets with grandparents still living with them. Also, pets should not be taking up a household slot, especially since they are NPC's.

I've always wanted something like this as well. A large family and a few pets. Would also be nice to have grandparents or their active ghosts there.

Taking a slot when you can't control pets is very constricting. I also don't know why they had to take it up when it lowers your family options.
    Post edited by davina1221 on
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I wouldn't want to play more than 8 sims but I do think we should be able to have 8 sims plus 2 pets, like we could in Sims 3.

I would also like the option to create larger clubs.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • JADETIGERJADETIGER Posts: 23 Member
    Separate additional slots for pets and sims like butlers would be a great addition.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I dont mind having only 8 sims, i actually end up ignoring some of them in favor of others because i am not really good at playing large households even though i enjoy that. Even pets taking up some of the 8 slots is fine by me at the moment. I wish it could be expanded for those of you who want that.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Shaytan wrote: »
    I don't really get the reasoning behind the cap, it's not as if the game would get unstable past that, since that it works fine for the most part through mods. Overly challenging to the player? Perhaps, though that's the whole fun of it if one chose to make such household.

I suppose it might also have to do with ensuring best performance for all players, given machines with less processing power or RAM could struggle to have that much action happening all the time? It's quite weird if so, after all I don't recall people complaining about that matter regarding inviting larger amounts of Sims over to a lot.

I believe the reason behind the 8 sim cap is because we constantly get more lots. For every new lot, thats a potential for 8 new sims to add into the game. We currently have more than 100 lots in the game throughout all the packs, that makes for a potential 800 plus sims in one save file. If they were to raise the cap by even 2 more sims, thats for a potential 1000 plus sims with the same number of lots. Raising the max sim cap would require substantial effort to make sure the game can handle and stay stable with that possibility of sims.
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    Shaytan wrote: »

I believe the reason behind the 8 sim cap is because we constantly get more lots. For every new lot, thats a potential for 8 new sims to add into the game. We currently have more than 100 lots in the game throughout all the packs, that makes for a potential 800 plus sims in one save file. If they were to raise the cap by even 2 more sims, thats for a potential 1000 plus sims with the same number of lots. Raising the max sim cap would require substantial effort to make sure the game can handle and stay stable with that possibility of sims.

True, but they could still raise the cap for played households, leaving the cap of eight in effect for unplayed lots. Even for rotational play, all but the current family could be rabbit-holed after the eighth sim.

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    They honestly need to rework several of the Sim number caps anyway. It has become a pain to deal with the protected households. If you have all the worlds then the number of premades exceeds the 150 "max recommended" protected Sims. Even working on 200, I hit the barrier annoyingly fast. I understand there is an unlimited option for a reason, but if I have to pick the option with an in-game warning just to play with the base Sims and a few of my own then the game needs reworking.

But yeah, NPC slots for pets should be basic. 3 had pet slots even when they were controllable. Having two sets of grandparents and a couple means you have to choose between two kids, two pets, or a kid and a pet which is silly.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    id like the humans to stay at 8 and a seperate pet threshold.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    I think larger households would be nice because then it'd be easier to create living communities made up of multiple multi-person families within one lot. Like a small village with several families or a gated community.
  • Serious_sims_gamer43Serious_sims_gamer43 Posts: 523 Member
    I want up to fifteen sims being able to live together but anyone who feels overwhelmed with that many sims should have the option to just have max 8.
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    I want up to fifteen sims being able to live together but anyone who feels overwhelmed with that many sims should have the option to just have max 8.

Exactly. Raising the cap doesn’t affect those who wish to play with less.

• davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member

Yes. Would also love this because sometimes I like to have a couple adopt until max housing is accomplished. To be able to keep on adopting while kids grow and leave would be awesome.