Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Besides the EA premade worlds, what is your favorite world?

LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
edited July 2020 in The Sims 2
At the moment I can not play Sims 4 because of a glitch that makes the game unplayable for me. It's not that I can't play the game, it's just the part I like to play is broken. I do have Sims 3 but that is a whole another issue altogether. So that means I am going to be starting back to playing Sims 2 again.

I have played with the EA premade worlds in Sims 2, but I would love to play another world. One that I don't already know everything about the sims who live there. If you have found a Sims 2 world that you love could you tell me about it, and if it can be downloaded, where I can find it?

Comments

• Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    My favorite world is my own custom world, Silver Springs, but it’s not up for download.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    edited July 2020
    Hi :)
    I'm not good at setting up Sim stories but I have a little world you can make your own Sim stories.
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/wgqhj7nh2f3oxsw/N056_Llama_Island.7z/file
    It's a little tropical island.
    q9U1YNy.jpg

*Thanks @SPARKY1922 for telling me I had the wrong link. :blush: any apologies! :cookie:
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    My favorite is one I made and didn't share, but I'd recommend look on Modthesims, there's a lot there that are pretty cool.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @LaBlue0314

Believe me I hear you I am struggling myself with many sim game issues at the moment apart from Sims 2 where I spent a few hours last night just making more sims and redecorating some build's I had downloaded-) If I am playing in EA's worlds it has to be my own remake of pleasant view because I just love playing Brandi's family other than that I have tried a couple from Modthesims but my favorite custom worlds are Rflong7's and I have enjoyed playing in several of them now but I can see there is another one to add to my collection so thanks @rflong7 it looks awesome and has beach lots-) I really wish there was a vacationers style mod similar to the one we have for S3 as I would love to hop my S2 sims from one world to another :)
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Rflong7

Your Llama Island is beautiful I feel like my sims are living on Tikki Island only better with more to do :)

Of course everything starts with a new couple-)

87h8JbH.jpg

their new flat and the road they are starting out from (please ignore missing matching road I forgot-)

Dm1cckO.jpg

fun on the pirate shipwreck

9ZpVYI6.jpg

fun at the local park

iHZIKD6.jpg

I am really enjoying it there is a lot to do and have fun with :)<3

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    Awesome! @SPARKY1922 :heart:
    Your world looks beautiful with the CC skies and seas. Your Sims are adorable, too.
    Thanks for letting me know about the link and for sharing some pictures. :mrgreen:
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,715 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    My favorite is one I made and didn't share, but I'd recommend look on Modthesims, there's a lot there that are pretty cool.

I agree with this statement. Some of my favourites include the ones made by the Hood Building Group:
    - Bayside Flats
    -
    Sedona
    - Emerald Heights

Banner.png
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I found Driftwood on MTS and am planning on using it for a poverty challenge and I've got a good many other ones from MTS and I also use the terrains of the premade towns to make my own towns and make my own families to move in slowly over time.I've got a BACC in the Strangetown terrain set in the 1840's and the town is called Dodge with the Jankowsky and Hobbs families already living there.It's currently the fall of 1841 in Dodge and the town is preparing for the coming winter.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • IamJIamJ Posts: 44 Member
    My two by far ultimate favorites are Elsewhere by Plasticbox and Feverfew by Criquette. Nothing compares to these two, not even close. Feverfew is a bit of a hassle to download but totally worth it: it has a lot of hood deco but it is absolutely stunning.
    Elsewhere is easy to download and doesn’t require at all the same amount of cc, and does not have a lot of hood deco, it’s all playable. I have both of these as subhoods to my own custom main hood, and I love them.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Pitstop Valley by cutupuss, one of those fifty souls townships around a diner or gas station.

The 'hood comes with a couple of unfinished construction sites that the player can build up one by one. Also a haunted hospital that I'm in the process of renovating with my prisoner sims (two of which are Pitstop Valley premades, because there's also a crime plot suggested that I fleshed out) and the architect sim that lives in the neighborhood.

The center piece is a really nice saloon set up as home business (or did I make it a home business myself? I don't remember, but in any case the lot is perfect for this).

And finally, the architect's homelot is set up so that upon loading it teenaged gangers will have a go at each other at the street. By chance this was the second household I played and only later on I learned the backstory of those teens and their leader. The storytelling is really good in this neighborhood, utilizing buildmode elements, memories ("lost fight against Patty" is heartbreaking) and in one case a locked Want to see a ghost.
  • EcaEca Posts: 155 Member
    Riverview City
    giphy.gif
    Crystal Cover from Tumblr
  • Jotaerre3DJotaerre3D Posts: 954 Member
    edited May 2023
    I loved the "Sims stories" based worlds, (Mesa flats-Bitville-Four corners) Emerald Heights and Sedona's "mashup" from the Hood Building Group at MTS: https://modthesims.info/member.php?u=9293562 also liked a lot "TS1 Old town" for sims 2 by Kalisa sims at Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/kalisasims/136350863720/ts1-old-town-downtown-for-ts2
    Post edited by Jotaerre3D on
    Feel free to call me J.R., all my friends call me in that way.