Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

URGENT: Add Vehicles & Garages to The Sims 4

The vehicles & garages must come to The Sims 4. So that the base game is complete. Thanks

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited July 2020
    I apreciate your dedication to the cars cause @Carl_Veluz1992 :)
    Cars are cool. It doesn't matter if i can't see my sims driving around... i just want to have different cars picking my sims for work (increasing in quality with career promotions, like in sims 1), school bus, a selection of cars to buy, upgrade and sell (from cheap to extra luxury) and garages! Beautiful garages with a lot of cluter.
    Post edited by texxx78 on
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Yes please
  • FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    I don't really miss cars on Sims anymore. Separated lots works good on Sims 4 and I gotta a feeling that Maxis will not include them on 4th gen.

But would be coooool a car system between Sims 2 and 3. Maybe you could set cars to follow a pathway to the garage object. :star:
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    Flap wrote: »
    I don't really miss cars on Sims anymore. Separated lots works good on Sims 4 and I gotta a feeling that Maxis will not include them on 4th gen.

But would be coooool a car system between Sims 2 and 3. Maybe you could set cars to follow a pathway to the garage object. :star:

I disagree, Vehicles & Garages MUST be included in TS4. I am not giving up.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    We need cars now actually we needed them in 2014 when the unfinished base game was pushed out.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    I apreciate your dedication to the cars cause @Carl_Veluz1992 :)
    Cars are cool. It doesn't matter if i can't see my sims driving around... i just want to have different cars picking my sims for work (increasing in quality with career promotions, like in sims 1), school bus, a selection of cars to buy, upgrade and sell (from cheap to extra luxury) and garages! Beautiful garages with a lot of cluter.

Yes, this is the basic need. We've always had cars in The Sims, technically. In The Sims 1 and 2, it was carpools. In The Sims 3, your Sims could drive cars themselves. In the Sims 4, it's ... teleportation?

It's not The Sims without vehicles, even if it's "just" a carpool taking our Sim off-lot / bringing them on-lot. School bus for kids; firetruck for firefighters; beater cars for pizza delivery, repo vans for repomen, vans for child security, etc. etc. Why did they leave out carpools in The Sims 4?

-sketches
    Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    Unfortunately, it's only in Sims 3.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Nah. There's already thousands of threads on cars, they serve no purpose in a closed world where there's nowhere to drive. There's already place-able ones in debug anyways and there's a "garage door" with city living so it's pretty easy to make car garages but nobody can be bothered to use their intuition
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    i fully agree that cars are needed in the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    For me even if I can't drive them as I did in Sims 3, it is still part of the experience of owning one.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Unfortunately, it's only in Sims 3.

That's not true
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    Writing URGENT for a totally new and extensive feature doesn't help a bit here, as does using the word MUST.
    Imho cars need an open map, and as funny the transit to work with cars was in the sims 2 it wouldn't fit either for the sims 4 as there are enough worlds where it just wouldn't work as there are no roads there.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
    Writing URGENT for a totally new and extensive feature doesn't help a bit here, as does using the word MUST.
    Imho cars need an open map, and as funny the transit to work with cars was in the sims 2 it wouldn't fit either for the sims 4 as there are enough worlds where it just wouldn't work as there are no roads there.

I Disagree, Even if it's a closed world, We still need vehicles & garages to The Sims 4.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    If they aren’t going to add cars, WHY did they add driveways to certain lots in Del Sol Valley? And that’s how long ago already, a year and a half? It’s ridiculous. I don’t care that we don’t have an open world. I’m not trying to play a driving game. They were awesome when we got them in The Sims 2 and that kind of functionality is totally possible in TS4.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,456 Member
    Cars. Totally possible in TS4.

We’ve got bikes. We can have cars.
    As long as my sim doesn’t just drive it straight into their home (as with bikes). That would be ridiculous. Unless it was a Bulldozer. I would like a bulldozer in my game. I would call it ‘The Simolisher’.

As long as my sim doesn’t just drive it straight into their home (as with bikes). That would be ridiculous. Unless it was a Bulldozer. I would like a bulldozer in my game. I would call it ‘The Simolisher’.

Not just cars, we can also add SUVs, Pick Up Trucks & Vans will also be added. The garages & driveway should be required.

Not just cars, we can also add SUVs, Pick Up Trucks & Vans will also be added. The garages & driveway should be required.

And Monster Trucks. So our sims can participate in Monster Jams:
    For all those simmers who don’t want cars, they can pile up all them Sloppy Jaloppy’s and destroy ‘em.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,371 Member
    I remember in TS2 it was the other way around, we got cars in basegame and the option to walk to lots at the end of the series. Not sure if it was the novelty of it, but I thought it was wonderful and so much faster because I just clicked on a lot and my sim went there. Cars were great because of the interactive menu they had. I'd like cars for TS4 for added interactions like fixing up, woohoo, etc. and it would also help with immersion if there were some long distance travel options between the worlds. It feels unrealistic to travel from Oasis Springs to Sulani and then to Windenbrook on foot or even by bike. I don't want to drive around the tiny neighbourhoods, but they could work like the rocket and the little boat that takes you to the island in Brindleton Bay.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    There is even this mod for cars I saw somewhere on the forums and the cars did work pretty nicely
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member

I would like a tractor in the game... and/or a riding lawn mower. :lol:
    Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities
    @sketches wrote: »

I would like a tractor in the game... and/or a riding lawn mower. :lol:

I actually really liked that little harvesting Tractor in TS3 that was available in the Store. The one where you had to lay out the track yourself.

And yes to Driving Lawnmowers. Although there is not much grass to mow...
    There is even this mod for cars I saw somewhere on the forums and the cars did work pretty nicely

Do you mean the ownable cars or the little golfcart?
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 Ownable cars. It still must be somewhere in the Mods section of the forums. It is done by that guy who is also trying to create open worlds
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 Ownable cars. It still must be somewhere in the Mods section of the forums. It is done by that guy who is also trying to create open worlds

Ah yes, I have all those ownable cars. They’re good alright, at least for the time being. I just never tried that little golf cart car, because it’s really just a bicycle with a box around it. But maybe folks think it’s really good...
    I’d rather have a Bwan Speedster YL on the driveway. B)
  • SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    Cars, garages and driveways are a normal part of life for many, especially those with the kind of houses found in Sims 4. Leaving them out was just ..... crazy. I've never understood why they were left out.