Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Don't want welcome wagon

TBH, I don't really want a welcome wagon because I don't want to add more sims to my relationship list except my own sims. Is there a way to get pass the welcome wagon without adding the neighbours to my relationship list?

Comments

• Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I'm not sure but there are a few new interactions in front doors. One of them is to avoid vampires trespassing and other to avoid neighbours coming to the door. I think i read somewhere that if you set this interaction right when you start playing in a house, the welcome wagon won't show.
    But as i said i'm not sure and i haven't tried...
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Just click the timer on the event to cancel the welcome wagon, or just ignore them and don't invite them in
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    There is a mod, not sure it works in Sulani or strangerville though. I don't have those and it works fine for me.

https://modthesims.info/d/589243/no-more-welcome-wagon.html
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Give your lot the "Private Dwelling" trait in build mode.
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Go to Manage Worlds and evict everyone else in your neighborhood. Make sure Fill Empty Houses is off if you live in Willow Creek or Oasis Springs. No neighbors means nobody to give you a Welcome Wagon.
  • Options
    peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    edited July 2020
    Just click on the door, trespassing and select "no solicitors". It was in the Eco Lifestyle patch.

Edit: fixed it from “no neighbours” to “no solicitors”. It was added to the base game a month ago.
    Post edited by peragogo on
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    edited July 2020
    peragogo wrote: »
    Just click on the door, trespassing and select "no neighbors". It was in the Eco Lifestyle patch.

I didn't know that. But unlike BethSims4, I like getting my sims meeting any that wander by when possible. ;)

However, since I've 'set foot' in the vampire world, I plan on having them keep visitors out and build up an 'army' of little vampires over time to keep from going extinct as an occult. (My story-line)

The brother and sister vampires. (can't remember their names)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    This:
    Stutum wrote: »
    all my residential lots have that trait because I am tired of the welcome waggon and random sims just showing up in general, now my sims lifes are so much better!
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    This:
    Stutum wrote: »
    all my residential lots have that trait because I am tired of the welcome waggon and random sims just showing up in general, now my sims lifes are so much better!

Same here. It's really nice in real life, but in Sims it got old quickly.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    You can cancel the welcome wagon now, you don't need a mod. If they arrive look on the left for the X to cancel. The neighbours won't like you though!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Just click the timer on the event to cancel the welcome wagon, or just ignore them and don't invite them in

You beat me to it. That was going to be my response. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    gothbuniegothbunie Posts: 43 Member
    Canceling the welcome wagon works but they will still be added to you sims relationship list. Your sims will eventually forget about the npc if you don't interact with them. MCCC mod have the option to forget sims.
  • Options
    Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    What's a Welcome Wagon?
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hmm... adding private dwelling when you move in and then removing it after a week?

Haven’t tried it but I will next time. I don’t like the welcome-wagon either.
  • Options
    peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    peragogo wrote: »
    Just click on the door, trespassing and select "no neighbors". It was in the Eco Lifestyle patch.
    Sorry, it’s actually “no solicitors” on the front door to disable the welcome wagon.
  • Options
    Alwe1507 wrote: »
    What's a Welcome Wagon?

It's when your sim's neighbours come over when you start, or have you sim move to a new place.
  • Options
    opalnoctemopalnoctem Posts: 16 Member
    Hmm I thought you could just ignore them, I feel like I usually end up doing that haha. I get busy and don't open the door in time.
  • Options
    opalnoctem wrote: »
    Hmm I thought you could just ignore them, I feel like I usually end up doing that haha. I get busy and don't open the door in time.

Yes, you can ignore them. Of course! :D

BethSims4 doesn't want it at all though because it may add them to the "relationship list".

Really, have free will off. Enclose the property with locked doors, and have it private dwelling then.

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    Here comes the 'welcome wagon'! :open_mouth:

Whatever you do, don't let them in!

"Why don't you open that door? I thought you were my friend."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qslQJLnk0qw
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    MarmaladeJadeMarmaladeJade Posts: 108 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    Here comes the 'welcome wagon'! :open_mouth:

Whatever you do, don't let them in!

"Why don't you open that door? I thought you were my friend."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qslQJLnk0qw

This is EVERY single sim's theme song when they show up unannounced. Especially in San Mishyuno.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I wish we had more control over who our sims keep in the relationship panel, rather than the game deciding for us. I play rotationally and I’m constantly having to re-introduce sims that I play, yet they have all these townie friends I don’t care about.
    And if your sim goes out and is talking with anyone there’s always strangers butting in and you can’t even tell them to go away without meeting them.
  • Options
    babajayne wrote: »
    I wish we had more control over who our sims keep in the relationship panel, rather than the game deciding for us. I play rotationally and I’m constantly having to re-introduce sims that I play, yet they have all these townie friends I don’t care about.
    And if your sim goes out and is talking with anyone there’s always strangers butting in and you can’t even tell them to go away without meeting them.

I understand what you are saying. My question is, how is it a 'problem'? Serious question. :)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member

I understand what you are saying. My question is, how is it a 'problem'? Serious question. :)
    Which part?
    The game makes my sims forget they know other sims and I have to re-introduce them. Yet there’s other sims in their relationship panel I’ve never once had them pick up the phone and call.
  • Options

Which part?
    The game makes my sims forget they know other sims and I have to re-introduce them. Yet there’s other sims in their relationship panel I’ve never once had them pick up the phone and call.

I think I know what you mean. I ended up getting a minor mod that reduces the 'forgetting' drain on relationships to a percentage of base game. I think I have it set at 10% drain of standard over time? Maybe even less. The 'quickly forgetting' was driving me crazy since it's a grind (without the modify relationship cheat code) just to build up friendship and/or romance. I play many households semi-rotationally based more on my own whims so yes, could be like 100 in-game days or more before I get back to playing a household.

I find getting a friendship to at least 'friends' helps, 'close friends' is even better. Then your sim will get calls from them more regularly.

I don't think the amount of others that your Sim has met affects the relationship any different. The drain is the same over time on all contacts.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png