Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How the Sims 4 hinders itself by lack of customization and receive backlash: Colour Wheels.

By not having a colour wheel for certain objects or parts it makes player ask for more swatches that take up time and then because there isn’t enough swatches are not the colour they want (especially when they don’t have a basic white and black). It makes it harder to match things together. I think there is justification to put a colour wheel system in certain place as we already have ones for cats and dogs and it would make player not as frustrated with the game.

Where should a colour wheel be used

Skin: I think the skin tones in the sims 4 need a complete overhaul again the texture the darker skins are not right for some and do not look realistic. All skin tones need undertones of cool. neutral, warm slider that comes along with a skin tone colour wheel.
Hairs: I think this will allow player to create own ombres to their taste with colour they want, and pattern stamps they want so we do not have a limited option with the basic few hair colour we have. (this in facial hair, eyebrows and body hair if we get it)
Eyes: create own heterochromia eyes and patterns
Tattoo: I think we should be to create own body tattoo and draw own our sims so our sim don’t look repetitive and tattoos can match up properly together you could also stamp tattoo design in anyplace you want. ( check: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/948097/what-would-you-like-in-a-fame-game-pack#latest) S4%2Bhair%2Bpaint%2Bmode%2Bconcept.png
S4%2BTattoo%2Bpaint%2Bmode%2Bstampimg%2Bconcept.png

Frames: bedframes, window frames, doorframes, furniture frames, picture frames. By having using a colour wheel to change the frames of objects will make it easier to match items together.

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    1) I vote no on the heterochromia. In most cases, someone having this eye condition is a sign they have other health problems. I would not want to see this celebrated in this game.

2) As far as a color wheel for hair, skin, and eye color in general, I’m surprised we don’t have this already. Once they added the color wheel for pets I assumed it was coming in other areas as well.
  • S1MSLYS1S__QARDS1MSLYS1S__QARD Posts: 206 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    1) I vote no on the heterochromia. In most cases, someone having this eye condition is a sign they have other health problems. I would not want to see this celebrated in this game.

2) As far as a color wheel for hair, skin, and eye color in general, I’m surprised we don’t have this already. Once they added the color wheel for pets I assumed it was coming in other areas as well.

The Sims is a simulation games of real life and people with heterochromia exist in real life so they should be represented. It not about celebrate heterochromia but removing the stigma around people with heterochromia. There are different types of heterochromia and many celebrities themselves have heterochromia. Plus we already have heterochromia with cats and dogs expansion.

https://youtu.be/HtW9wBI1SQg
    https://youtu.be/NZaH-CExeqU
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    I thought that when cats and dogs were introduced we'd get color wheel for sims as well. It seems like a waste it would be only for animals. I don't even use the color wheel for the animals.

I agree with you. We should have color wheel for skin, eyes, and hair, and maybr clothes if it's not too much.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Given the amount of issues this franchise is having. Not to mention the entire Sim family has been thrown under the bus. A color wheel is the least of our issues.
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member

The Sims is a simulation games of real life

Nope it isn't. With Cowplants, Mermaids, Weather Machines and all the other stuff you really can't say it is, nor does it have to cater to every single condition or illness or anything existing in reality. Would you like war? Or terror? Just because it exists in reality? Well i wouldn't.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.

The Sims is a simulation games of real life

Nope it isn't. With Cowplants, Mermaids, Weather Machines and all the other stuff you really can't say it is, nor does it have to cater to every single condition or illness or anything existing in reality. Would you like war? Or terror? Just because it exists in reality? Well i wouldn't.

Yes but those are in expansion types of packs. It a option for players to buy. When sims first started and with the base game it simulates thing that we have in our real life. It’s not like the game started from base game with sims with wing or other supernatural elements.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I hated the color wheel in TS3 and I don't use the Pets one either. It's too slow.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    It’s not like the game started from base game with sims with wing or other supernatural elements.

I guess you're right. It's not like the base game starts with Cowplants, the Grim Reaper, Ghosts and Woohoo in a Rocketship.
    edited July 2020
    It’s not like the game started from base game with sims with wing or other supernatural elements.

I guess you're right. It's not like the base game starts with Cowplants, the Grim Reaper, Ghosts and Woohoo in a Rocketship.

Were ghost and cowplants in the sims 1? The game started off as something based SIMulating thing we have in real life. The quirks added don’t change the core of what the Sims was based on.

Plus depending on you belief some could say ghost and grim reaper make sense to tie into a afterlife.
  • SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    A colour wheel should definitely have been put into Sims 4 to offer the opportunity for those who wish to use it. Obviously it's not going to be important for some but there are large numbers of players who miss it. I'm one of them.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member

Were ghost and cowplants in the sims 1? The game started off as something based SIMulating thing we have in real life. The quirks added don’t change the core of what the Sims was based on.

I see. I thought you meant TS4 at the start. My wrong. ;)
    Plus depending on you belief some could say ghost and grim reaper make sense to tie into a afterlife.

True, but the way they are depicted in the game is quite fantastical though.

Going back to your original post, I do like the idea of tattoo and skin detail paints/ stamps. I certainly would like more freedom in that regard.
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I was posting about more swatches several time and it is obvious that we need more and matching colors but about skin color I want to add that light tones are also unreal. Base game skin color chart should have at least this tones:

2ee4bd22cab71160e355717ff2b8d477.png

At the moment we have just some stereotypical skin colors. Also the same issue we have with hairs. Currently in game my natural hair color does not exist.

My swatches suggestion:

dark_brown_hair_color_chart_hair_micro_ring_4a_grade_for_yaki_straight.jpg

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    i started playing the sims game with the sims1 and i remember sims 1 had no color wheel sims 2 did not have a color wheel and at this point in time i doubt they will had 1 to sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    I was posting about more swatches several time and it is obvious that we need more and matching colors but about skin color I want to add that light tones are also unreal. Base game skin color chart should have at least this tones:

2ee4bd22cab71160e355717ff2b8d477.png

At the moment we have just some stereotypical skin colors. Also the same issue we have with hairs. Currently in game my natural hair color does not exist.

My swatches suggestion:

dark_brown_hair_color_chart_hair_micro_ring_4a_grade_for_yaki_straight.jpg

Personally, I don't expect to be able to re-create in game every possible shade of skin or hair colour. I am fine with sterotypical colours, each with a few variants. Your chart for example doesn't have any variants for really dark nor pink white skin.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I am so disappointed with the available unnatural hair colors. The selection feels so small.
  • OrangeSodaSINOrangeSodaSIN Posts: 58 Member
    what i wouldn't give for a color wheel.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I'd love a colour wheel back for at least just, skin tones, hair and eye colours. I do feel limited with the selections they've given me now.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I would be thrilled to have additional skin swatches!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited August 2020
    I hated the color wheel in TS3 and I don't use the Pets one either. It's too slow.
    To be fair, probably you used it on a back rig and didn't properly set up for cast to work effientky.
    Unpark CPU and it loads up within seconds in TS3. Also, playing on a higher tech/suitable game with the Ram it requires helps.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • irishdragon7irishdragon7 Posts: 124 Member
    I think they definitely need to bring back the color wheel and for all items as well as skin, hair, and eyes. I get really frustrated working with the swatches that are currently in place, whether it is when I am creating a new sim or decorating and building.
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    Frames: bedframes, window frames, doorframes, furniture frames, picture frames. By having using a colour wheel to change the frames of objects will make it easier to match items together.

Adding the option to choose from a pool of "frame swatches" might be more feasible than a color wheel for this. I definitely agree that we need a way to match woods, though.

• Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,669 Member
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited August 2020

The Sims is a simulation games of real life and people with heterochromia exist in real life so they should be represented. It not about celebrate heterochromia but removing the stigma around people with heterochromia. There are different types of heterochromia and many celebrities themselves have heterochromia. Plus we already have heterochromia with cats and dogs expansion.

Not necessarily true if it was there would be no characters that non-fictional in it, it is an simulation that allows players to get away from RL and create whatever they can possibly create within the games limitations. However, EA/Maxis is mixing RL life situations with non-fiction and most of the situations you see now in Sims 4 was not in previous versions so the formula that was used was diluted with each version and Sims 4 the most.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen