Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Middle names

How many of you would like to see middle names added to the sims as an option?
t0j4i8.jpg

Middle names 28 votes

Yes middle names would be cool
14%
redrogue60KriticalKlownMrsC1990SERVERFRA 4 votes
No, they’re not necessary
28%
PlayerSinger2010Mariefoxprice83luthienrisingloubylouloualanmichael1KennziKaigeRavenSpitSimmingal 8 votes
Maybe
7%
sketchesRememberJoy 2 votes
Yes but just make them optional
50%
Isb917Strangerthanirishdragon7Anmirlapajamajam07Khrisstynedg51829annaliese39kappowandyl_andwhatlovelyskysxBotchedParrotSimoliCalico45 14 votes

Comments

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    You can already give them as many names as fit in the box.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Not going to lie, I know I can fit some stuff into the first name box, but it just doesn't feel right. Especially in notices and whatever if your Sim is referred to by first and middle name only. I end up not giving them middle names because of it.

A middle name slot may not be necessary, and it certainly should not be mandatory before exiting CAS, but it would be a nice feature to have that should not take too much effort. The little features add up.
  • BotchedParrotBotchedParrot Posts: 11 New Member
    Certainly yes, but also optional, because if you go without, I'd rather not be forced to give out a name or a blank just to save a sim as the other requisites (TBH, I also don't want to make the first and last name a requirement, except only the first, if we're talking about one-name characters we're trying to emulate.) But yeah, middle names would also help sort out some confusion.
  • dg51829dg51829 Posts: 300 Member
    The issue is there are cultures where people don't have middle names. So it would need to be optional. Though I do wonder if certain players may not understand what the middle name is so I'm not sure how it would be applied.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    When would the middle names be used though? Nobody ever uses mine irl so I can't see a benefit.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I sometimes like to give my sims middle names (if I have enough space) after a family member or friend. I think it would be a nice touch for storytelling, but I agree it should be optional as not everyone has a middle name/s.