Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cage Dancing

Comments

• JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    Justin wrote: »
    Id rather have other things from ts1 come back, like even burgulars for starters.The cage dancing is degrading.

We already got burglars when eco living dropped. As degrading? No. It’s a dance form .

Do you mean sharing is caring?? Thats not really burgulars. Or do you mean something else?
    I see it as degrading, its usually associated with scantily clad women or men dancing with sexual overtones in nightclubs. I mean i dont like the idea of strippers in the game either like someone else mention. If they add them, i just won't be using them.

Yes but I meant it as a joke . Go go dancers are not strippers. Just like burlesque. They are a art/dance form. Stripping is completely different
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    EA will not put dance cages or other cheeky stuff in Sims 4, yet EA seems to be perfectly okay with plunking BARS into every new pack that's released,plus you can woo-hoo everywhere-including in a dumpster.. so why are bars and woo-hoo okay with EA, but things like dance cages and dancers popping out of cakes are not?

IKR. They can literally woohoo EVERYWHERE. I don’t understand why woohoo is so freaking important. More important than adding some basic stuff in the game like dancing face to face.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited July 2020
    Not my thing.
    Post edited by Rouensims on
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited July 2020
    I would certainly like to see some additional dance styles included in the game, e.g. different forms of ballet, ballroom dancing or a simple romantic slow dance.

However, the kind of dancing you’re talking about? I personally would have no problem with it...but I’d be surprised if we’ll get a feature like that. Not in this game. Not anymore. Not going to happen...things have changed.

Go Go dancers? Call it what you like but it’s being sexy for hire. Scantily Cladded, seductive dancing. In this day and age it might as well be called stripping. It’s no joke. I can’t see the Sims go there anymore. I know some of the CAS items are questionable, but this is too controversial. Folks are sensitive. Folks complain. And some feminists will probably come and haunt EA/Maxis for several reasons.

But hey, one or two community members will always cheekily add: there’s a mod for that. ;)
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited July 2020
    Yes but I meant it as a joke . Go go dancers are not strippers. Just like burlesque. They are a art/dance form. Stripping is completely different

Even if you just google gogo dancer its nsfw. What is the difference between the dancing of a stripper or gogo dancer (besides the stripper taking off the clothes)? Its still a sexual, adult theme with the dance. Adding to that people being in cages.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

Even if you just google gogo dancer its nsfw. What is the difference between the dancing of a stripper or gogo dancer (besides the stripper taking off the clothes)? Its still a sexual, adult theme with the dance. Adding to that people being in cages.

If you’re going to go based off because it’s “sexual” then you might as well say the same thing to dancing in general. You’re moving your body, your hips, etc. look at all our music videos nowadays especially on hip hop. . It’s still adult theme yet no one bats an eye on that. We are able to whoohoo all over the place including the dumpster but adding this kind of dance style is too much? Lol
    edited July 2020
    I would certainly like to see some additional dance styles included in the game, e.g. different forms of ballet, ballroom dancing or a simple romantic slow dance.

However, the kind of dancing you’re talking about? I personally would have no problem with it...but I’d be surprised if we’ll get a feature like that. Not in this game. Not anymore. Not going to happen...things have changed.

Go Go dancers? Call it what you like but it’s being sexy for hire. Scantily Cladded, seductive dancing. In this day and age it might as well be called stripping. It’s no joke. I can’t see the Sims go there anymore. I know some of the CAS items are questionable, but this is too controversial. Folks are sensitive. Folks complain. And some feminists will probably come and haunt EA/Maxis for several reasons.

But hey, one or two community members will always cheekily add: there’s a mod for that. ;)

You are right about people being too sensitive nowadays which is why we can’t have nice things

Even if you just google gogo dancer its nsfw.

I just did. And my boss walked in. You’re right, I’m in trouble. :#
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member

Even if you just google gogo dancer its nsfw.

I just did. And my boss walked in. You’re right, I’m in trouble. :#

:joy:
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
    edited July 2020

If you’re going to go based off because it’s “sexual” then you might as well say the same thing to dancing in general. You’re moving your body, your hips, etc. look at all our music videos nowadays especially on hip hop. . It’s still adult theme yet no one bats an eye on that. We are able to whoohoo all over the place including the dumpster but adding this kind of dance style is too much? Lol

It’s a funny thing indeed. But woohoo is censored and cage dancing is not. One is a suggestion, the other is totally visible.
    Although when I look at those Rumba Sim moves I sometimes have to do a double take...it’s only just a couple of butt shakes shy of twerking.
    edited July 2020

Dancing in general isnt the same as being scantily clad in a night club in a CAGE which purpose is it is being sexual -- which is fine in that context. But not all dancing is, thats a reach and you know it. Tap dancing? Ballet? Square dancing? Interpretative dancing? Not all hip-hop style dancing is women twerking everywhere either 😓 and none of those dancing are in current sims right now which is a shame.

Im not really into whoohooing in a dumpster either 😂😂😂 if this was an adult M game who would care but its T. My younger siblings play this game too and I dont think the sims team would now go for something like cage dancing in the game. The sims always straddles the line and teases at innapropriate things and TS1 was like a parody, so i think its humouous still but that was ts1. Itll always be in TS1 though if you really need virtual cage dancers when you play. The game could be fun without being too risqué if they actually added some consequences and depth 😭

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited July 2020
    Deleted
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    House Party was actually quite an interesting pack with some subtle adult themes thrown in there. It is that type of attitude that IO really want to see in The Sims again rather than this wishy, washy Sims doing random pushups that has blighted the series in recent years
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member

Our adult sims need to live lives that are made of the complexities of adult life, not act like little kids always obsessing and building their identities around the latest fads. We need real adults in the sims - good, bad, ugly, and crazy of course.

I totally agree with this. I think you hit the nail on the head. Unfortunately it's too much wishful thinking for this franchaise.

• SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I see it as degrading, its usually associated with scantily clad women or men dancing with sexual overtones in nightclubs. I mean i dont like the idea of strippers in the game either like someone else mention. If they add them, i just won't be using them.

@StrawberryYogurt My chemistry teacher takes pole-dancing classes in her free time. For real, she even posts videos on Instagram.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?

@StrawberryYogurt My chemistry teacher takes pole-dancing classes in her free time. For real, she even posts videos on Instagram.

Thats great. Takes a lot of body strength!!

• ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 367 Member
    Burlesque vandeville strippers dancing using poles cages is not allowed along with other types of play that was which can't think of we could do using packs but today same with 2 and 3 we have to search the different forums sites for cc where we can have burlesque vandeville dancers and those who want strippers but we have sims who can whoo whoo in the open in front of toddlers children or was that a bug when one of my saves did it a one time and in their back yard in front of their kids

Do you have a link? ;)

Only messing. o:)
    edited July 2020
    we have sims who can whoo whoo in the open in front of toddlers children or was that a bug when one of my saves did it a one time and in their back yard in front of their kids

:# ...Are you sure this isn’t mod-related??
  • ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 367 Member
    Most of my mods besides MCC is careers aspirations traits holidays on my laptop will have to check and see if my son and daughter in law have the one we can't mention installed that on their desktop and laptops as I was using the desktop when it happened when watching the grandchild
  • sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    A pack for adults would be really nice. I just feel the game is somewhat childish when it comes to our sims. There’s also no real romance. I miss when in the sims 2 they had that small movie during their first kiss. Sims 4 lacks on the adult department .

This would be like The Sims 4 equivalents of The Sims: Hot Date or House Party. :lol:

It would fit right in-line with The Sims. Bring on The Sims 4: Questionable Living.* Haha! :)

(*Open to suggestions.)
    Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    There's a lot of things from the Sims 1&2 time frame that have been left out since at least the Sims 3, some of the non-returning features probably weren't viewed as essential which is why we still don't have magic shows, cage dancing, angry/happy date reactions (leaving flaming bag on doorstep or bouquet of flowers).
  • simlicious2015simlicious2015 Posts: 373 Member
    Ahhhhh yes! I would love this! New animations, please!
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    I highly doubt they will bring back 'Cage Dancing' and 'Cake Dancing' since the game has a baby rating at this point.
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I doubt too but I see no problem to realise expansion with pegi 16.