Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ROM question - replacing the three sages

aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
I'm starting a new Realm of Magic save once Knitting comes out and I deleted the three sages that already appear (Morgyn, Faba, Simeon) because I prefer an updated look on each of them that I found on the gallery. Do I just make the three new one's townies and they will spawn in the Magic Realm? Will they still function if I place them in a house or will the game spawn different sages if I place them in a house?

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    The easiest way would be best to wait till after the game spawns new sages, and then just give those sims makeovers.
  • Options
    amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    @LaBlue0314 is correct. If you delete the current sages the game will spawn new ones which are editable but not playable. If you put them in a house new sages will spawn again. Basically sages are an unplayable “career” so the game will just keep replacing them with random new ones.

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    thank you both. I will just edit the ones that spawn. Thanks! Of course the sages the game spawned were three elder males. lol
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    Disappointed that’s the only way. The one the game generates are ugly lol
  • Options
    Justin wrote: »
    Disappointed that’s the only way. The one the game generates are ugly lol

oh, it was awful! I should have taken before and after photos. lol
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    edited July 2020
    I downloaded 2 sages from the gallery and switched them out with two of the original sages. I can't remember exactly how I did it but it was through manage households.

7SaBFBc.png

PQyYF3Z.png

ZVtQEgq.png
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    The same power the devs gave us to change Eco Lifestyle roles, they should’ve implemented that for the sages in ROM.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited July 2020
    The trick I use with every save: Create a new household in CAS with your own Sage Sim. After that, go into manage households and merge the new household with one from the original Sages (for example: the Silversweater household) Now go into CAS and delete the original Sage from the household, so that only your Sage remains. The game will automatically replace the old Sage with your new one :)
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    It's really annoying that the game doesn't let you choose. I moved the sages into a house and then they all got replaced with randoms. I have the NPCC mod which has an option for setting a sim as a sage, but it didn't seem to work. I had to just edit the ones the game added
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I left Morgyn alone except for a few clothing/hairstyle updates, mostly the same though and did a MEGA overhaual on Simeon and L. Faba. Those two are the originals too, but you wouldn't know it just by looking at them after I'd remodeled them. Well, Simeon looks sort've similar, but my L. Faba looks a lot more like the one in the trailer.
    O6PCJgm.png
    XzsaJvx.png

They've stayed as the Sages in my game ever since release. I saved copies of them just in case the game does decide to replace them for whatever reason. If that happens I'll just do what you did @EliasVersace to get them back. :)

I did get a scare once when a different temporary Sage was there instead of Simeon, but he was back later that day. He had been assigned a job outside the Realm for some odd reason, but he kept his Sage status too. That only happened one time though, every other save, they've all been there whenever my spellcasters visited Headquarters.
  • Options
    The trick I use with every save: Create a new household in CAS with your own Sage Sim. After that, go into manage households and merge the new household with one from the original Sages (for example: the Silversweater household) Now go into CAS and delete the original Sage from the household, so that only your Sage remains. The game will automatically replace the old Sage with your new one :)

brilliant tip!
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    I did get a scare once when a different temporary Sage was there instead of Simeon, but he was back later that day. He had been assigned a job outside the Realm for some odd reason, but he kept his Sage status too. That only happened one time though, every other save, they've all been there whenever my spellcasters visited Headquarters.

Happens in my game alot, when a sage leaves the realm for a while a different sage shows up....so I now have 6 sages in game (I edited them all btw).
    Doesn't make sense to me, cause I thought storywise there can only be 3 sages exiting, but ok.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    @EliasVersace genius! Thanks for the tip! I’m going to go do that now so I can have the practical sage from the trailer :D

@RavenSpit the same thing happens in my game, it’s like they work in sage shifts of something

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Thanks guys. Thanks for asking @aaronrulz :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie