Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Set as "Dishes Sink"

FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
I'm not sure if someone suggested this before but I guess a nice solution to Sims washing dishes on whatever sink they found could be something like "Set as 'Dishes Sink'".

You could set any of it on the residential lot as dishes sink on whatever amount you need and Sims would give preference to washing dishes always on selected sinks.

Don't really know if this idea is silly but it works so well with locking doors or selecting your front door 🤷 could it be a practical way to make our Sims always go to kitchen even if wash dishes on bathroom sink is faster/closer to do?

Has anyone thoughts about it?

Comments

• garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    I would like that!
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited July 2020
    That would be very useful.

Scumbombo, which was a modder for the sims4 who has passed away made a mod where you could do that. He named it "Don't wash dishes where you angry poop."

I guess the problem with that, which you will notice with the mod is that you have to enable the sinks that you want your sims to be able to use for washing dishes. Otherwise the sims will not find any sink that are available.

The mod is still updated by other modders on his website.
  • SerenityVIIISerenityVIII Posts: 32 Member
    Flap wrote: »
    I'm not sure if someone suggested this before but I guess a nice solution to Sims washing dishes on whatever sink they found could be something like "Set as 'Dishes Sink'".

You could set any of it on the residential lot as dishes sink on whatever amount you need and Sims would give preference to washing dishes always on selected sinks.

Don't really know if this idea is silly but it works so well with locking doors or selecting your front door 🤷 could it be a practical way to make our Sims always go to kitchen even if wash dishes on bathroom sink is faster/closer to do?

Has anyone thoughts about it?

@Flap That is a good idea. Not sure how difficult that would be from a programming perspective. Maybe if they have a primary dish washing sink/then secondary in case the kitchen sink is broken and still needs repairing etc. You can already assign beds, and as you mentioned assign functions to the doors including locking etc.. , hopefully it would not be that difficult to assign sinks for specific tasks.

My Sim travelling up 2 flights of stairs to clean up dishes in a far away sink instead of the one they are standing right beside boggles my mind (unless of course they are going to the kitchen).

I have no idea if this works or not but I have been experimenting with brand new Sims in my game in their house for the first time and forcing them to wash hands at the kitchen sink just to remind them -- this is a sink. It functions as a sink, looks like a sink, and it actually is a sink and it works, so please use it. Then I lock the bathroom doors and deny them access to the bathroom while I force them to clean up dishes for the first time in the house and they have no choice but to do it in the kitchen sink. Then I do that a few more times until it becomes a learned behavior (or presumed learned behavior). I just started testing out this theory so I will see how it goes. Can our Sims be trained? I do not know? Some of my Sims seem brighter then others right out of the gate, while others seem to not have a clue how to function without direction.

BTW I do unlock the bathroom door afterwards lol. I am not a meanie :)

Your idea @Flap seems to be a much easier approach then mine :)
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I use the Scumbumbo mod for this. I’d love for the devs to add in this feature though
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I like this idea they really should do something like this a simple fix.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    Yes. That would be really useful. Hope they add it.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Yes, this would be perfect. Sims need to stop washing dishes in the bathroom sink!
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Very useful update. Hope it's done some day...
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    To be honest it doesn't even need to be that complex, all it takes is a simple line of code to get them to use the nearest sink rather than going to the third floor bathroom to use the sink :#
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    That is a good idea, op! I cringe when my sims take their dirty dishes to the bathroom.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Yes, I would love this. Also it would be great if we could have them sit where we want when they go to eat something, not have to wait for them to sit wherever they want first. A while ago I thought when I added the “sit” in the queue after they started doing something that required sitting, it seemed like they could foresee that upcoming action and went ahead there. But that was either pure luck or it changed.

My sims don’t seem to like using the Umbra? sink (the one that can give an inspired aura, the culinary career reward) so I don’t bother using that one anymore.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    That would be useful!! No more washing the dishes in the bathroom sink (gross)!

But right now my sims just drop dirty dishes wherever. They have a dishwasher that they used to use. Does anyone else have the problem ?
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »

But right now my sims just drop dirty dishes wherever. They have a dishwasher that they used to use. Does anyone else have the problem ?

Yes, I have a couple that just leaves the dirty dishes wherever, and most often on top of the dishwasher. They even leave dirty glasses on shelves, didn't know it was possible.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited August 2020
    It's kinda that this the features that is being suggested, when it wouldn't if TS4 AI was not that excruciatingly broken.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited August 2020
    Oh yes it’s possible, my sims do that too. I even find dirty dishes on top of the kitchen cabinets. How can they reach there ?! And to think one of them had the “neat” trait!
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Dianesims wrote: »

Yes, I have a couple that just leaves the dirty dishes wherever, and most often on top of the dishwasher. They even leave dirty glasses on shelves, didn't know it was possible.

• FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    I don't think it is necessarily broken but maybe it's a question of calculation. I guess the autonomy script chooses the sink based on queued actions or probably next actions. I also observed that the autonomy script tends to skip sinks that another Sims has current queue actions with it.

Maybe another way of "correcting" it would be classify inside the game sinks as "kitchen sinks" or "bathroom sinks", but a side effect could be that us users being limited on our options to choose sinks based on aesthetics.

I feel that set sinks to be primarily used to wash dishes gives us more freedom on where to establish those sinks (maybe outside you want to enable some to be used to wash BBQ mess 😂)