Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Remastered or Remake

I've been gaming for as long as I can remember and I've never known the industry to be so dedicated to remastering and remaking now, than ever before.

AoE, C&C, Commandos, Mafia etc.

Question is, if EA announced that there were to be no more sequels but that it would remaster or remake one of the four current games, which would you pick?

Remastered or Remake 68 votes

The Sims 1 (Graphical Remaster)
7%
luthienrisingpajamajam07JackPipsampinneduphairSiggDiggit 5 votes
The Sims 1 (Remake - name your requirements in comments below)
0%
The Sims 2 (Graphical Remaster)
36%
lisamwittCamkatsimgirl1010fruitsbasket101Cinebarsimlicious2015Alwe1507wormofthebookAPottsannaliese39pandie00garapoesOldeseadoggeVivi_WillowTreeChicklet453681PeculiarPlumboblogionx4m1r4StarDreamernerdfashion 25 votes
The Sims 2 (Remake - name your requirements in comments below)
11%
Isb917CynnataydevChadSims2MDianaSimsStrawberryYogurtmunroeleSimmerGeorge 8 votes
The Sims 3 (Graphical Remaster)
11%
Jderrick094cauatoTonjeHGothangelNymphieaCheetahAlyssaCalico45Livi5500k 8 votes
The Sims 3 (Remake - name your requirements in comments below)
20%
IceyJSimburianamchristianairotciv54Bettyboop55Onverserking_of_simcity7simmerLellaTamakiSakura84MareahsilentcyborgClarionOfJoyCavapoo_KingSimbastien 14 votes
The Sims 4 (Graphical Remaster)
1%
Carl_Veluz1992 1 vote
The Sims 4 (Remake - name your requirements in comments below)
10%
candy8texxx78EnkiSchmidtKerittabirdonawireSERVERFRASimAlexandria 7 votes

Comments

• Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    The Sims 2 was perfect imo. The only reason I don't currently play it is due to its aged graphics. 😔
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I don't like this poll. I want TS1 AND TS2 remastered. :D

Only choosing one though, TS2 would be my hill to die on. It has the most options and the most game play that it would be worth it. TS3 and TS4 are new enough still they don't need this kind of help. Yet.

Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Just get rid off the rabbit holes except jobs
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
    Camkat wrote: »
    I don't like this poll. I want TS1 AND TS2 remastered. :D

EA aren't being that generous in my scenario 😉
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    With open neighbourhoods and NO emotions, just traits that matter (personality overhaul from scratch).
    I just can't see me going back to the older titles. There's too much i prefer in sims 4 (besides what was mentioned above).
    telmarina wrote: »
    With open neighbourhoods and NO emotions, just traits that matter (personality overhaul from scratch).
    I just can't see me going back to the older titles. There's too much i prefer in sims 4 (besides what was mentioned above).

I like the emotions
    telmarina wrote: »

I like the emotions

@Cavapoo_King Did the emotions mean more in TS3? I've only logged 70 hrs of TS4 but so far all I've noticed is my Sims occasionally wake up in a different emotion related to their trait.
    edited July 2020
    I never played sims 3 but in ts4 there is a lot of interactions specific to certain emotions like angry poop
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    I never played sims 3 but in ts4 there is a lot of interactions specific to certain emotions like angry poop

Typical...

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I would like TS2's over all lighting to be improved. I don't want textures touched. I can see every detail of furniture and or clothes and hair. I would like the neighbor's house to be more visible with more detail to it's structure. But I also have some neighborhood objects that I can see very well from across the street. Those are things I wish they would improve. Then I would be happy for another twenty years just like the last.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited July 2020

Typical...

:joy:
    edited July 2020
    I would have liked to choose the 'Other' option.
    I don't need a 'Remake' of any of the games, but definitely a Remaster of TS1,2 and possibly 3 so they're bug fixed and compatible with newer systems.

TS4 feels too current for a Remaster or Remake. Although it probably needs a Remake.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member

Sure, except what is the difference between "angry poop" and the regular kind? Nadda...

Most of the emotions are just a different option on the pie menu that does the same thing as another option that the emotion option replaced. I'd be more into emotions if they actually did something different and had a reason for me to want my sim in that "mood".

TS3 and TS2 made a lot more sense (IMO) with how this system was handled. Sim's moods were based more on life events and their own personal traits. TS4 does have that to a lesser degree but the bulk of their mood comes from the objects around them, and again, there's not that much difference between an "inspired" sim or a "focused" sim or an "angry" sim. :/
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • OrangeSodaSINOrangeSodaSIN Posts: 58 Member
    thought remake and remastered basically the same? in all honestly don't think we need neither. don't remake the old games.
    thought remake and remastered basically the same? in all honestly don't think we need neither. don't remake the old games.

Not really.

Remake is making a completely new version of the same game. Which wouldn't really make much sense, since it's a franchise, but one could argue that Sims 4 is a 'remake' of its predecessors.

Remaster is cleaning up the graphics of a game etc. and porting it to newer systems.

@Cavapoo_King Ah, okay. I haven't noticed different interactions based on emotion, just different interactions that change the emotion (brisk or thoughtful shower).
    Camkat wrote: »

Sure, except what is the difference between "angry poop" and the regular kind? Nadda...

Most of the emotions are just a different option on the pie menu that does the same thing as another option that the emotion option replaced. I'd be more into emotions if they actually did something different and had a reason for me to want my sim in that "mood".

TS3 and TS2 made a lot more sense (IMO) with how this system was handled. Sim's moods were based more on life events and their own personal traits. TS4 does have that to a lesser degree but the bulk of their mood comes from the objects around them, and again, there's not that much difference between an "inspired" sim or a "focused" sim or an "angry" sim. :/

@Camkat TS2 is my favourite for "emotions" so far. Your sim has a wish / whim and if you complete it, he or she feels happier. Become happy enough and your feel platinum. Not even poor needs can affect platinum 😂

Not really.

Remake is making a completely new version of the same game. Which wouldn't really make much sense, since it's a franchise, but one could argue that Sims 4 is a 'remake' of its predecessors.

Remaster is cleaning up the graphics of a game etc. and porting it to newer systems.

Sort of. Although I understand Remake is also considered a huge overhaul of an old game. Mafia, for example. I believe the creators will be using the same storyline and missions etc. but overhauling gameplay and graphics.

I guess it isn't that easy to define. I would consider Two Point Hospital to be a better graphic update to Theme Hospital, but others consider that a Remake.

Meh, the question is open - state ur requirements 👍🏼
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    If TS2 looked like TS4, then I would still be playing it now.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I've never played The Sims 2, but if I could run it on this computer I probably would have by the amount of praise it's given on here.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I would remake sims 3 and add all the stuff i loved from both ts2 and ts4 if they took my opinion, plus make it smoother and update the graphics! The worlds/objects still look nice but the sims themselves need an upgrade. Sims 4 is sorta new, it does not need a remake and it is doing just fine, imo. What issues i currently have with it could probably be fixed.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    The Sims 3 (Graphical Remaster)
    The only thing I really disliked about 3 was how the Sims looked. I would have much preferred Sims 2 graphics.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Color wheel or full CaSt, time passing per household instead of globally, better npc control options, more free will on/off options, layered clothing plus bags, less weight to positive moddlets (or more to negative ones), fully swimable bodies of water everywhere... basically EA should just take a look at my mods folder and MCC settings and work these in ;)
    If TS2 looked like TS4, then I would still be playing it now.

Agreed. 👍🏼
    time passing per household instead of globally

fully swimable bodies of water everywhere...

Interesting. I actually prefer the time passing globally, despite the fact I keep aging set to active household only. Once I've got the hang of things, my intention is to play each household for a "year" (all 4 seasons) moving on once NYE is over.

I agree about the swimming. I understand that Sulani and DU are the only swimming areas 🤨
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    I happen to like the TS3 aesthetic as it is now. If it was changed to resemble TS 4 I simply would not be interested in the remaster/remake.

A while ago I hosted a long thread in the TS3 section and the question of remastering/remaking came up. There are a number of difficulties which would need to be overcome for it to happen including making a 64 bit version. Essentially the entire programme would have to be rewritten. Granted this would allow you to turn TS3 into whatever you wanted but any time you do major rewrites you risk creating new glitches and bugs.

Assuming the difficulties were overcome I would love to see the major glitches and bugs dealt with, particularly in IP where the routing is a real headache without modding. I would also love to see inside the rabbit holes and to watch my sims driving their cars around from the inside of the car. Other than that I would like to see proper babies with legs. Most of all I would expect the colourwheel, open world, swimming in open water, diving, world editor, CAW, and terrain tools to be retained and enhanced where appropriate.

That is just for starters :) If there were to be no new iterations of the franchise then I would like to feel I had a game I could continue to play for another 11 years.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Other.

Sims 2 updated solely to work on the current computers of the time and to address the various bugs and glitches currently present or that happen as a result of the attempts to fix the bugs and glitches.

Which isn't a remake, but it isn't a graphical remaster as I do not want graphics to change at all. Don't want to have to get rid of all/most of my CC.
  • DeadManHBKDeadManHBK Posts: 117 Member
    I would want a remaster of TS1. I have tried SO HARD to get it on my computer, and all of my efforts have been fruitless. I want them to re-release it so bad, my nostalgia for it has been killing me. :(
    500c175dfecfd4bfdb430b6ae61d85abc33cef98_hq.gif

A n a l Na t h r a c h D o c h e'l D e'n m h a
    A n a l Na t h r a c h T i e r a N a t r a c h...