Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Super Subtle Saucer Light

Thank you - thank you - thank you - best item ever.

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I'm also very happy with this lamp. Thank you!
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    The bigger size one is the lamp I almost always use... so very much agree. It's tiny and doesn't get in the way visually. Big thumbs up for that light.
    egTcBMc.png
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I've used the size down cheat for it always so at best its a slight time saver.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Same! I’m wondering if this one is sized down, does it become practically invisible? I wasn’t able to update today, we had storms and power outages.. can’t wait to check this out! :)
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I never use that light and it's so sad how all the other ceiling lights get so much hate for being too "big". I don't mind them getting in the way, many times I want my rooms to have personality and use bigger lights.
    But the GameChangers hate them.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    edited July 2020
    I never use that light and it's so sad how all the other ceiling lights get so much hate for being too "big". I don't mind them getting in the way, many times I want my rooms to have personality and use bigger lights.
    But the GameChangers hate them.

I agree but I do use that light often. Anyway, it is good to have both options available on BB and I also agree about the gamechangers Tea. ☕
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I'm pretty happy aswell, I can't use big lights in my builds as too much big cluttery items just annoy me. They just make the game hard to play for me so an even smaller version is perfect
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Happy for it to be there, but I only really use it in the small downstairs toilet.
    The rest of the rooms need atmosphere and I would rather create that with different lights.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    How do we get them to size down the telescope, cupcake machine, & microscope?
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Right, it’s amazing, all those seconds this shaves off my building will probably add up to 2 minutes in the next year! Wow
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    Seriously!! I mod the cupcake machine so it functions from the oven, but the other two I have to waste a public lot for, because there is never any room for them (try having a botanist living in an apartment).
  • simstr0ngsimstr0ng Posts: 679 Member

Great Idea!!!
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member

This.

Origin ID: Peapod79
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    Seriously!! I mod the cupcake machine so it functions from the oven, but the other two I have to waste a public lot for, because there is never any room for them (try having a botanist living in an apartment).
    I always put them in basements. But we shouldn’t have to.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,061 Member
    edited July 2020
    Yay for the mini-sized saucer light!

The saucer light emits the best bright white light in the game so that's why everyone uses it (sized down so it doesn't block your view) in each room while they're in the middle of building/decorating. Once I've decorated the rooms to however I want, then I change out the sized-down saucer light to whatever light fixtures I want that will match the decor style... or sometimes I'll keep it if the room is super dark like in basements or rooms with no windows because it does give off an awesome amount of light.

This new mini size saves time in having to size down each one as you're plopping them into each room... but anything that saves a few seconds of my life when I'm building/decorating is always a good thing as far as I'm concerned. So thumbs up for that!
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
    I remember in a previous version (or maybe it was a mod) there was an invisible light - it just gave off the light without some object. It was great...but the the mini-sized new light is very helpful.
    simstr0ng wrote: »
    I remember in a previous version (or maybe it was a mod) there was an invisible light - it just gave off the light without some object. It was great...but the the mini-sized new light is very helpful.

@simstr0ng, The Invisible Lights are also available in TS4, for wall, floor and ceiling. Same as in TS3, you should be able to find them in debug mode.

Enable cheats and type: bb.showhiddenobjects
    ;)
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 - thanks but I need more info (technically challenged)

I enable cheats (I know how) and type (can do that)...but then what do I do find the invisible lights? Am I looking in build objects? Is there a name?

Thanks for your help.
    @simstr0ng wrote: »
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 - thanks but I need more info (technically challenged)

I enable cheats (I know how) and type (can do that)...but then what do I do find the invisible lights? Am I looking in build objects? Is there a name?

Thanks for your help.

No problem! Here’s what you do after entering the cheat command:
    1. Open up Build/ Buy mode.
    2. To the right there’s a ‘Filter Items’ option. Click on the green arrow to expand the window.
    3. Select ‘Debug’.
    4. In the BB categories click on the chair and select ‘Lighting’.
    5. You can find the invisible lights under the Misc. Tab.
    6. There are 11 invisible base game lights. If you have the following packs installed you can also find 4 Jungle Adventure lights and 3 Strangerville lights.

I hope you can find it. Best of luck!
    Wow - I did it.... 1 extra step - - I got to #3 - select "debug" - had to go to "content" to select...

From there it was easy but time consuming. I've done one large house - 2 stories. I removed all the saucer lights so I could see where the invisible light should go.

In "build" the invisible light shows up as a square outline but when in live mode the outline disappears and it is truly invisible.

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 you are a genius and very kind to help. Most appreciated. Now on to the next house. I just experimented with 1 invisible light can't wait to do more.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    In case it’s helpful to anyone, we also have illuminated floor and wall tiles. I use those a lot when I want light but no obtrusive lighting fixture.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    In case it’s helpful to anyone, we also have illuminated floor and wall tiles. I use those a lot when I want light but no obtrusive lighting fixture.

Hello, would you (or someone here) please specify which tiles they are?

I understand Spa Day has one illuminated floor tile and "pool lighting" (can be applied to any floors and walls), but those are all I know of. And they're only in Spa Day. :\
    Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 - I'm looking through hidden objects - is there a fishing sign I can use on a deck in Sulani? Any other great hidden objects I should try?
    sketches wrote: »
    Rouensims wrote: »

Hello, would you (or someone here) please specify which tiles they are?

I understand Spa Day has one illuminated floor tile and "pool lighting" (can be applied to any floors and walls), but those are all I know of. And they're only in Spa Day. :\

@sketches I can't recall any other illuminated floor and wall tiles than those colorful ones available in Spa Day.
    I don't think base game has any. But I may be wrong.
    simstr0ng wrote: »
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 - I'm looking through hidden objects - is there a fishing sign I can use on a deck in Sulani? Any other great hidden objects I should try?

@simstr0ng I'm not at my game at the moment, but you should be able to find it in DEBUG mode and in the search bar, type Fishing Sign or Gone Fishing Sign. You should be able to find several signs, depending on which packs you have installed (different fish for different packs). There should also be a complete pond that you can find in the parks in some of the neighborhoods.

If you choose the fishing sign, make sure you create a fountain or pool that can serve as a pond, so the fish will spawn in the water.
    If in Sulani, you should be able to place it on a deck that sits in the water, but I'm not sure how the fish will spawn when the fishing sign object is placed on a different height and if the spawning adapts to that height. You'll have to try it out. ;)
    I hope you can find them. Good luck!