Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Suggestion to Guru's

mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
edited July 2020 in The Sims Spark'd
Hi Guru's.

Loving the new Spark'd challenges, but getting a teensy frustrated with people uploading not reading the rules. When we want to upload something we do get a pop up...

vAQCSjA.png

but I think many people don't read the rules since they are on an external page that gets opened. Perhaps you could just have the basic rules on the pop up for the challenge.'

sample...

You must upload a wedding couple or wedding venue
No custom poses and cc to be used
Remember to use the pg rated rules as usual

Then when the challenge changes, you can just change the first rule. I think its best that simmers can see the top rules as the pop up comes up to accept that its indeed a spark'd challenge you are uploading.

Before simmers get upset with me about the suggestion, its just I wanted to browse through some entries before I made my own to make sure I don't do something similar than others and there is so much none related sims and lots on there and for some reason they come up as most popular as well so its pretty hard to scroll through it all. This is just a suggestion and my opinion, I truly are not trying to upset anyone in any way. Happy simming everyone <3

Comments

• x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I would reckon to have a check box where the uploader can tick on it. Those who just tick & do not comply with it will risk their account to be suspended or at least their gallery will temporarily will not be available. That would help in controlling & monitoring the abuse.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »
    I would reckon to have a check box where the uploader can tick on it. Those who just tick & do not comply with it will risk their account to be suspended or at least their gallery will temporarily will not be available. That would help in controlling & monitoring the abuse.

That is an AweSim idea :)
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Upload must be your own creation would be a good rule too and violators will have their accounts suspended for the duration of the contest.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Scobre wrote: »
    Upload must be your own creation would be a good rule too and violators will have their accounts suspended for the duration of the contest.

Yeah I saw some simmers upset about their creations being reuploaded :( Sad that this is happening, could have been so much fun. I love the Christmas time challenges we always have, so was very excited to do these too :)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I've got one couple uploaded (a vampire/spellcaster couple) and I'd like to do a few more families. Might do a quick playthrough this week with a few of them to make them a little more unique, like a blended family where the kids of one spouse dislike the new parent-to-be or other complications. Not that anyone will ever notice them in the midst of all the spam... :/
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    I've got one couple uploaded (a vampire/spellcaster couple) and I'd like to do a few more families. Might do a quick playthrough this week with a few of them to make them a little more unique, like a blended family where the kids of one spouse dislike the new parent-to-be or other complications. Not that anyone will ever notice them in the midst of all the spam... :/

I do hope they remove the spam soon, so when voting starts only those who followed the rules can be seen ;)
  • Sims_Geek_GirlSims_Geek_Girl Posts: 8 New Member
    Is it possible that we might be able to have a disabilities patch or even a pack. I just want to be able to recreate my friend and I in the sims and without wheelchairs and crutches I can't do that. Please answer
  • Sims_Geek_GirlSims_Geek_Girl Posts: 8 New Member
    Will anyone answer me
  • Cinna32Cinna32 Posts: 83 Member
    well the same thing happened the last two times as well and noone saw any need to change anything at all. Sad but seems there's no interest in really changing it. Some people have been using hashtags like #fairplay or #realchallenge those are probably your best bet.. :/
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited October 2020
    Will anyone answer me

The Gurus won't answer here as it's the wrong place to ask and they won't see it. It's been asked several times over in the past and SimGuruGrant has replied to it a bit non-committedly. He was the only Guru who would reply if he could without breaking any EA/Maxis rules. He's gone elsewhere now but I would put your request in the Feedback or Ideas threads. The current Gurus tended to have faded from view, I suppose because of the toxic feedback they got. Ask politely, that's my advice. :)
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    Is it possible that we might be able to have a disabilities patch or even a pack. I just want to be able to recreate my friend and I in the sims and without wheelchairs and crutches I can't do that. Please answer

They're not likely to do that. You'd need to use mods (which are not acceptable in the Spark'd Challenges). I recently put up a thread about how nice it would be if the actual game had this and got jumped on like I had committed some sort of atrocity by even suggesting it.