Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your game style?

Comments

• WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Other... please explain. :)
    I typically don't have a plan when I make a sim but then I find an Aspiration I like and go from there. I typically make my Sim a Caster or Vampire and I tend to decorate in the most otherworldly manner I can.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited July 2020
    My game is very serious and I'm a drill sergeant. My Sims won't do anything I don't want them to. I control everything.
    ...Or are your deck hands all females? :D

Maybe o:)
    edited July 2020
    My game is very serious and I'm a drill sergeant. My Sims won't do anything I don't want them to. I control everything.
    ...Or are your deck hands all females? :D

Ok I’ll explain, since I accidentally created a new post.
    I constantly use the ‘hens on deck’ expression because I stole it from one of my Dutch friends. Apparently that’s what they say in their language. ‘Hens’.
    I just see a boatload of chickens. It’s hilarious. Well to me it is.
    Or females! That’s perfectly acceptable too! B)
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    My game is fun. I enjoy it and I don't take it too seriously.
    I try not to be too serious while playing, and like to keep my gameplay casual and fun.

There are few things that I always do for each save though, and they are:
    1. I never delete the pre-made Sims from any of my saves. This includes all occult Sims too, as I love having them in my game.
    2. I turn off randomly generated townies using the NPC Control mod.
    3. I keep seasons set to seven days, and add in holidays such as Easter, Halloween and Bonfire Night to the calendar.
    4. I always edit the hot and cold weather outfits for all households in the world I'm currently in.
    5. I play with autonomy and ageing turned off. I just age my Sims up when I feel like it.
    6. I avoid mods as much as I can, and I don't use any custom content.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • MissyScabtreeMissyScabtree Posts: 81 Member
    edited July 2020
    Other.

I play a different style of sims. Currently my sim is a struggling artist who has a very baaaaaad addiction to several things (thank you mods for this story to be able to happen) and has a very "vibrant" lifestyle. They make ends meet by any way possible even doing unsavory things and living a explicit life. I like my stories to be full of drama and sometimes dealing with very serious IRL things that I don't think I can mention here.

My sims always look very different (as I do IRL) from the everyday perfect family and I find its hard to share my stories when they aren't "picture perfect" and have everything going for them. Not very many people like that kind of story (as I've noticed) or rather prefer not to see stories with serious IRL situations/topics so they don't bother to stop and read my stories.

I wish to find a way to share my stories with others who wouldn't mind other types of gameplay than the traditional family style.
    "Silence is the most powerful scream."
    I wish to find a way to share my stories with others who wouldn't mind other types of gameplay than the traditional family style.

Maybe via the sites where you find these mods? Or create a tumblr blog?
  • MissyScabtreeMissyScabtree Posts: 81 Member

I haven't found a forum from the sites I use my mods to tell stories yet (I WISH!!) I was thinking about tumblr, as I used to read stories there alllll the time several years ago, but I wasn't sure if it was still a relevant place to share things. I'm still a little new at sharing my stories so I'm still looking for places to go that won't chew me up and spit me out for not doing normal stories. :#
    "Silence is the most powerful scream."
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    My game is wacky. Bring on the flying pigs and tap dancing kangaroos. I need them in my game.
    I want flying pigs and dancing kangaroos.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I play Sims for the same reason I play any other game: To have fun. I can still get annoyed if things don't go as I planned, but it doesn't ruin my day or anything. xD
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    While it does depend on the save how strict I am, I never have autonomy turned on and I do micromanage everything. But I don't go as far as making over the entire world, I generally accept townies as they are until they start to play a more significant role in my sim's life.
    I don't mind most of the wacky stuff in the game though. Like pretty much every household has a cowplant.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    My game is serious. I delete all the premades and townies. My Sims are all supermodels.
    I'm too much of a perfectionist my sims are always the most attractive and I remade all the premades and disabled townies ;)
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    @MDianaSims off topic, but your old thread about the premades '10 years after' has inspired me to play rotationally with the premades. I'm having a lot of fun and i just wanted to let you know that thread is amazing! 🙌
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    edited July 2020
    I think I take the building and creating parts more seriously but once the game is going, things go off script and that's fine by me. I did delete all the premades and do edit townie wardrobes. When I give townies makeovers, they tend to keep the overall style but more cohesive. Sometimes I’ll start playing them too. They’re not all models by a long shot. I give my sims at least one negative trait and try to make them all unique. I like making families in progress, so the Gen 0 will have kids and parents at the start. Some families start out poor, some are middle class and some are rich. One sim lives in an abandoned gas station. Some are newlyweds, others are divorced, others have two moms and others are raised by their siblings.

I just like variety. 😊
    Post edited by peragogo on
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 Ah, okay, thanks for the explanation. But now, I can't stop picturing a boat full of hens lined up 'clucking' at attention while a big 'ol rooster in a tricorn hat struts back and forth sizing them up. :D "You, straighten that feather! You, lay more eggs and You, well I'll be by your nest later tonight pretty chicky!"

Sorry for going OT to the OP, I'm done now, carry on! *gives snappy salute*
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    My game is wacky. Bring on the flying pigs and tap dancing kangaroos. I need them in my game.
    I am amazed how many people say they play with autonomy off! I love the wackiness that comes from letting my sims run their lives. It wreaks havoc with story telling but often gives the greatest payoffs in story events and surprises too. (Except for weddings where I am a controlling perfectionist).

@Wolfium i agree! Bring them on. :)
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited July 2020
    My game is usually wacky when I play it. I let fires happen, I let toddlers make a mess and eat what they want, and I let Vlad break into households. There is a mixture of supernatural and human Sims. No boundaries and full of fun. But I admit I wouldn't mind more dark humor in the game. I think I suggested voodoo doll controlling yarny would be fun with the upcoming Nifty Knitting pack. I'm very crafty and sporty and love music, so that tends to play a factor in my games. I play mostly large families, so eight Sims or pets pretty much get to do their own thing unless they need to get to work or school, but even with that they need some vacation time too. I play with free will on and rotationally. I'm also one of those weird people that actually likes bugs and they love me. I love a mixture of old and new things too. I take my life seriously and very organized, so with the Sims I get to let down my hair.

I really like this thread, so thank you for making it. It is fun to participate in.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

I haven't found a forum from the sites I use my mods to tell stories yet (I WISH!!) I was thinking about tumblr, as I used to read stories there alllll the time several years ago, but I wasn't sure if it was still a relevant place to share things. I'm still a little new at sharing my stories so I'm still looking for places to go that won't chew me up and spit me out for not doing normal stories. :#
    Modthesims won't. It is one of the oldest Sims site and very story and mod related. It is full of fun and wacky stories. There are a lot of Simmers on there that have been with the series since the first game, so they are used to the wackier side of the Sims. You will enjoy it.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I don't take the sims too seriously but I also don't enjoy the game as much as others do. I feel like a lot is missing in certain areas. I wish the sims were a little more wacky and silly. I like the randomness of the previous games and never knowing what was going to happen.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    My game is fun yet somewhat realistic. I made the whole world a industrial steampunk world with a few modern technology pieces such as TVs (big old looking) and the old computer (only really for writing).

I usually delete prelates and then replace them with gallery sims for the unplayed households . The played I create myself or modify a gallery template. I use mods to stop the endless generation of npcs and only have non played sims and active household age automatically.

Most sims don’t age past young adult hood that I play, but they do have kids.
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
    ...a boat full of hens lined up 'clucking' at attention while a big 'ol rooster in a tricorn hat struts back and forth sizing them up.

I’m flattered. B)
    @Scobre wrote: »

Modthesims won't. It is one of the oldest Sims site and very story and mod related. It is full of fun and wacky stories. There are a lot of Simmers on there that have been with the series since the first game, so they are used to the wackier side of the Sims. You will enjoy it.

I think some content in their stories may be a little too ‘explicit’. I don’t believe Mod the Sims will do....
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I am a drill-sergeant driving my Sims, and a bit of a control freak, but my game isn't terribly serious nor terribly realistic. And as much as I want my Sims to do as they are told, I enjoy the occasional surprise or disaster to liven things up.
  • HeleneCherubHeleneCherub Posts: 2 New Member
    My game is very much fun. I love it, even the eyeball ring and ridiculously dressed townies. They make me smile.
    I think that each sim is uniqe and it's their own style, though sometimes I do find one that looks odd, but I mostly let them be themselves, yes even with the eyeball ring, sometimes I use it on my own sims.
  • xMarianxxMarianx Posts: 74 Member
    My game is very much fun. I love it, even the eyeball ring and ridiculously dressed townies. They make me smile.
    I love the game, and it’s fun. I don’t care much about ridiculously dressed townies. But I also control everything, they don’t do anything I don’t want them to do.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I'm a micro-manager and my Sims pay the price for that. But I always have a story in mind for each of my saves, and that story is often derailed because of the various bugs and glitches we get so I have to be vigilant and not allow anything to interfere with my storylines. I spend hours, sometimes days, building and renovating the homes and venues in every world my Sims will visit or live in each save. But all of that doesn't mean I don't allow, or enjoy, all the funny moments that make this game amusing and fun to play. I have a sense of humor. Really. There are times when my plans go out the window because a Sim doesn't want to go along with the plans I made for him/her, but that's okay. It's nice when something comes up and I have to make certain adjustments when it comes to relationships, or the times when a Sim is not happy and I have no idea why. I have had Sims be unhappy with their careers. They don't really like the Sim I had in mind for their wife or husband. Or one of their offspring just doesn't like their mom or dad. How does a toddler suddenly decide he dislikes one of his parents, and no amount of attention changes that in any way? Those little 'Huh' moments make me realize I might think I have total control, but do I really?