March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

July Patch Speculation 2020 (2nd Patch Is Out)

1235...Next

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    telmarina wrote: »
    Who asked for naming the Cow Plant? Why is this a thing? What does that add to gameplay? I don't get it.

A game changer did 😐🙄

Oh, then pardon me, I didn't know this was such a burning desire burning up Ideas section that have been ignored for the last six years.

🤣 agree
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,178 Member
    edited July 2020
    Who asked for naming the Cow Plant? Why is this a thing? What does that add to gameplay? I don't get it.

Maybe somebody who watched Penny Dreadful

you-ha10.jpg
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

Maybe somebody who watched Penny Dreadful

you-ha10.jpg

Lilsimmie a Gamechanger.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member

A game changer did 😐🙄
    Game changers one of the worst things to happen to the Sims. All these big issues that have been requested for years now ignored and 1 game changer request naming the cow plant and its done and named after her oh joy.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    I mean after the last patch it was pretty clear that this one would be small and I don't think they wasted too many resources on naming the cow plant. I actually find it a cute addition :#
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

A game changer did 😐🙄
    Game changers one of the worst things to happen to the Sims. All these big issues that have been requested for years now ignored and 1 game changer request naming the cow plant and its done and named after her oh joy.

Yeah, it's getting ridiculous...
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    Well, bummer. Again, the patch didn't live up to the hype. Who would have guessed. ;)
    At least it contained some bugfixes for very annoying things.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    I mean after the last patch it was pretty clear that this one would be small and I don't think they wasted too many resources on naming the cow plant. I actually find it a cute addition :#

I never even use cowplants, but I'm not bothered by it either, I laughed when I saw because I remember it trending. The last patch brought a lot of useful stuff, so I did expect this one to be small too. Problem is I can't even play the game right now and I don't know when that's going to get fixed.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

I wanted it
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    edited July 2020

A game changer did 😐🙄

I hate to get meta here but I've ranted about this before, and how the "Gurus" seem to ignore regular sims players in favor of those influencers with the blue check mark by their name. This just confirms what myself and others have already suspected for a while now.
  • wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    i don't feel in the least concerned about myself being a "regular" sim player. I don't record and upload videos or attend EA events...I do play the sims ..regularly...naming the cow plant was ok and the smaller version of the ceiling light is great...looking forward to nifty knitting..i more/less figure that when it comes to getting the bug fixes for eco living ..it is not going to happen as i would have liked ...ya know you win some and you loose some ..but thanks to those who do post on youtube and others ..i didn't purchase the expansion pack because i knew the bugs would be a real issue for me..so sorry for those whose games have become unplayable...would you not just remove that expansion pack to begin playing your game as it was before once again?
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member

A game changer did 😐🙄

I hate to get meta here but I've ranted about this before, and how the "Gurus" seem to ignore regular sims players in favor of those influencers with the blue check mark by their name. This just confirms what myself and others have already suspected for a while now.

Yep. This whole Game Changer program does the community more harm than good.
    There also was a former Game Changer who had a Tumblr page leave the program because of the mess.

You can read all about it here:

https://wildlyminiaturesandwich.tumblr.com/post/623599590034358272/why-i-left-the-ea-game-changer-program

• cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    edited July 2020
    it wasn't because of one game changer. lilsimsie said we could name bikes but we couldn't rename cowplants and it was a bit ridiculous we could name wands and random other crap but not cowplants which are technically a "pet". she asked her viewers if they agreed to trend a hashtag.

it makes sense, and it was probably something ridiculously easy to code in. chill out guys. plenty of people wanted it, they constantly trended that tag on the gallery and spammed the sim gurus on twitter for it. she might've brought it up but lots of people got on board with it.

i found it really cute. you guys are weird, chill out. just cause we got the ability to name cowplants doesn't mean the other stuff you guys want will never exist. you guys threw this same fit over the door recolors. surprise surprise that wasn't the last ever update and nor is this.
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    it wasn't because of one game changer. lilsimsie said we could name bikes but we couldn't rename cowplants and it was a bit ridiculous we could name wands and random other 🌺🌺🌺🌺 but not cowplants which are technically a "pet". she asked her viewers if they agreed to trend a hashtag.

it makes sense, and it was probably something ridiculously easy to code in. chill out guys. plenty of people wanted it, they constantly trended that tag on the gallery and spammed the sim gurus on twitter for it. she might've brought it up but lots of people got on board with it.

i found it really cute. you guys are weird, chill out. just cause we got the ability to name cowplants doesn't mean the other stuff you guys want will never exist. you guys threw this same fit over the door recolors. surprise surprise that wasn't the last ever update and nor is this.

Nah I'm gonna be honest, if this was the "summer surprise" that was hinted at then it's a very lame one.