Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things people dislike about TS4 that you actually like (Reverse Uno)

StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
I suppose this is another unpopular opinions type thread. Lets call it the Sims 4 reverse uno.

Is there anything about TS4 that seems a majority dislikes but you actually prefer? From major gameplay elements to small details?

For example, I like the swatches. I prefer them over a color wheel. There is usually enough variety for me and the color wheel plus its many patterns was always too overwhelming for me.
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I suppose this is another unpopular opinions type thread. Lets call it the Sims 4 reverse uno.

Is there anything about TS4 that seems a majority dislikes but you actually prefer? From major gameplay elements to small details?

For example, I like the swatches. I prefer them over a color wheel. There is usually enough variety for me and the color wheel plus its many patterns was always too overwhelming for me.

I like swatches too, there's so much more detail in them than with the colour wheel.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I also dont mind the loading screens. I prefer it in some ways. For example, Sims 3 some lots are sooo empty. But in TS2 even the grocery store was like a party club. Tons of people! Open lots ways like TS4 feels like the best way to please both. I just want the neighborhoods in general bigger.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I really don't mind the small neighborhoods. I've got an overwhelming amount of space as it is, I don't need anymore.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I also prefer swatches, loading screens and smaller neighbourhoods. I like things to be more simple.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    Drinking water? :D

Never bothered me. Never even noticed it much other than a neat detail to the game.

Until I saw kazillions of people complaining how horrible it is. :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Swatches, occults in general, object babies (I DO want to be able to see their needs though... so I can cheat them in order for their parents to have a full night's sleep).
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Toddlers, supernaturals, children, Vlad, Knox, Island Living, fires, high chairs, things breaking, MAC makeup, tragic clown, prefer playing male Sims, what gnomes can do in the Seasons pack, baggy clothing, long skirts, mods and CC, using bright colors, playing multi-racial Sims, transportation, NPC Sims (looking at you social worker), and making my own builds and Sims and stories.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Playing with just one Sim, no autonomy, small lots/builds, hidden lots, playing with no CC/Mods, happy Sims, bicycles, non-Legacy challenges, earbuds, faithful partners, maximum one child for couples (unless they have twins), extremely minimal Gallery usage, playing offline, using objects to influence moods (i.e. elements, mathematical drawing, fossils, yoga mat, etc.), minimal landscaping, long hair on males, dollhouses, "I'm a bear" phase, Don Lothario, Foxbury campus, MOO, and OR.

I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of at the moment.

Happy Simming! <3
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited August 2020
    It's a long list and I probably don't even remember everything, but here goes...

- Townies with their weird outfits
    - Smaller worlds
    - Babies being objects
    - Eyeball ring
    - My First Pet Stuff
    - Island Living
    - Cats & Dogs
    - Non-controllable pets
    - Toddlers
    - Children
    - Multicultural and diverse Sims
    - Occults
    - Loading screens
    - Swatches instead of color wheel
    - Quirky humor
    - Pixelation instead of full nakedness
    Post edited by Kimmer on
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    My biggest one is probably no cars. My sims get places much faster!

Also I prefer pets not being controllable. Partly because I'm lazy and partly because it feels more realistic.
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    I definitely prefer swatches to a colour wheel. I rarely use the colour wheel that came with Cats and Dogs.

And I don't dislike My First Pet SP in the least bit. There are worse things I could spend my money on. And the buy mode objects are so cute.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    I really don't mind the small neighborhoods. I've got an overwhelming amount of space as it is, I don't need anymore.

Couldn't agree more. Windenburg is overwhelming to me because of this. I do wish Forgotten Hollow was a bit bigger, like at least Del Sol Valley size. Other than FH it doesn't bother me.
  • ThenyoukissmeThenyoukissme Posts: 304 Member
    My biggest one is probably no cars. My sims get places much faster!

Also I prefer pets not being controllable. Partly because I'm lazy and partly because it feels more realistic.

I agree with you on pets! I still feel like they can surprise me because I have no way of knowing what theyre doing. However I do wish there was a feature where you could access their basic information like age, gender or whether they’re neutered etc. Would be very helpful

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I like the older teens. I like that they can date and fool around, I like that they can live alone, and I really like that they can wear any clothes in CAS. I have no desire to have preteens.

I love having Occult filled worlds and playing with Supernatural elements on a regular basis. But I think this is something becoming more popular (yay!) so it might not count. :p

I like not having an open world like Sims 3. It was really unwieldy. I like the neighborhoods and having smoother rotational play and being able to utilize every world that I get instead of having to choose just one. Best system so far. I'd like to see them improve on it in future games.

I like not having cars. They weren't bad in Sims 2, but I feel like I really don't need them in Sims 4. I hope that if they get added, they're optional.

I like babies the way they are. What else am I going to do with them? As it is, I age them up in half a day, if I even wait that long, lol.

I also prefer the swatch system over color wheels or CaSt. Decisions are much easier. But I do think they should always include some standard colors like black and white and maybe the primaries.

I love the Spooky Stuff pack. I love Halloween and this is my favorite stuff pack. Every day is Halloween in my game. 😆

I like uncontrollable pets. They are more unpredictable that way, which enhances gameplay. What I don't like is constantly sick pets.

I like StrangerVille. It's weird. Weird is good.

I also like Island Living and the way Mermaids were done. But yes, I would like to see some underwater lots.

And...I like invasive Occults. Vampire break-ins, Alien abductions, hauntings... Bring it all! I'm so here for it. ❤️
    #Team Occult
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    I like more food recipe like waffles, pumpkin pie, chicken and dumpling, eggnog, gingerbread house, Christmas cookies, Pecan pie, lasagna, Sushi, and etc.. some people don't want more food recipe but I would like for my foodies sim to have more to choose from !
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Absence of cars, the current state of babies, the current memory system although it needs more depth, the lack of wants and fears but i am not opposed to them per say, and lastly smaller worlds.
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    I like that babies are objects. I wouldn’t mind if they updated/changed them a bit since it would make others happy, but i like knowing that they’re safe in their crib instead of laying on the floor somewhere :P
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited July 2020
    I’m perfectly happy with rabbit-hole careers. I find the minutiae of the active ones to be a repetitive drag and all I want to do is get back to “normal” gameplay.

(On a related note, I’d honestly be happier with rabbit-hole dates considering how annoying it can be to wrangle my sims.)
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Partially I like the closed worlds, I like how we can just access any world at any time rather than just being stuck in one open world.
    Cars, I'm perfectly happy with them not being there. Doesn't bother me and there's many things I'd rather development time be spent on than making cars that serve no purpose.
    I like the emotions system.
    I love the Strangerville world, love the run down Texas feel of the place and I use a renovated version of the bar all the time.
  • foxybillyfoxybilly Posts: 231 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    I’m perfectly happy with rabbit-hole careers. I find the minutiae of the active ones to be a repetitive drag and all I want to do is get back to “normal” gameplay.

(On a related note, I’d honestly be happier with rabbit-hole dates considering how annoying it can be to wrangle my sims.)

I agree about the rabbit holes, and the interactive careers -they can be repetitive and be a drag as it takes many sim hours in the day just to do something simple like photograph a suspect or put someone in a cell.

I love the weirdly dressed characters in our worlds, and I like the small worlds and i love Strangerville
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Tiny Little Del Sol Valley. I get why people dislike it, but I couldn’t care less.
    I only really use the Walk of Fame area for my Sim to busk at so they can hopefully pay for their next meal.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited July 2020
    Strangerville. I enjoyed the story and I wouldn't mind if they did a few more story related packs. Especially if they were a bit off the wall like this one was. I like silly in my game. This was also a beautiful world (IMO).

Eco Living. I love the dirt and grit that it came with. I've trashed up nearly all of my neighbourhoods now. This is easily my new favourite pack.

I like rabbit holes careers and school. I usually play with more than one sim on a lot so it gives me a chance to get rid of sims and time to focus on some individuals.

I like that I can't control my pets. It was kind of fun for a minute in TS3 to do it, but it is a bit odd to me and even then I mostly let them do their own thing once the novelty of it wore off.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I really enjoyed the Strangerville story too. I'm looking forward to replaying it and I already have the next hero in mind. She is still a kid though :)

I wouldn't want to control pets either and I don't mind the babies. I don't want cars. The best thing about cars in TS2 was the restorable junk car and I could honestly just take a restorable junk bike in TS4 and no cars at all. That would be great!