Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spark'd gallery needs way better moderation

RavennaRavenna Posts: 58 Member
edited July 2020 in The Sims Spark'd
Not a single person in the top 10 most popular stylist submissions is following the rules lol

sparkd.png

And just in case it's not obvious, the annoying custom poses are custom content, and the rest aren't even in-theme
Check out my stuff on the Sims 4 gallery under the ID 'RavennaSanguine'

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I see that that cute and pretty base game sim is firmly stuck in place. :smiley:
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Are dark eyebrows with blonde hair a thing now?
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    What a mess. That will just make it more difficult for people who follow the rules to get noticed.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Just when the gallery wasn't enough of a mess with moderation and organization. :(
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • opalnoctemopalnoctem Posts: 16 Member
    Yeah, this is really frustrating. I'd say it's hard to get motivated to even participate with these kind of issues.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    The Sparkd section is literally just another regular Gallery. I would have thought they'd have come up with a better vetting system.
    #Team Occult
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Yeah it is too bad - I submitted a lot and a couple but they were buried within an hour - so unless someone is specifically looking for the lot or the couple I know I won't get any 'likes' on it.
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    I know - I've gone in a few times and favourited some of the newer builds that I like to try and get them a few 'likes' at least. It is too bad because there will be many talented Simmers who are going to miss out.

I think that you should have been able to submit to the sparkd gallery and either it has to be 'accepted' before it can be seen on the gallery. Or what I think would have been fairest is if you submit through the gallery and all submissions get vetted. Then after the creating portion of the contest is complete all entries that follow the rules get posted and there is a voting time of lets say a week or so. That way only entries following the rules are posted and they are all posted on the same day - gives everyone a fair playing field.
    Maybe it would deter upload spamming if it didn't attach to the normal gallery and was a completely separate entity. And yeah, if there was a delay or a more intricate questionnare or disclaimer that players had to go through and check off, and accept that their entries may be discarded if they are not within the qualifications, it might prevent people from loading their entire library on there.
    #Team Occult
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Maybe it would deter upload spamming if it didn't attach to the normal gallery and was a completely separate entity. And yeah, if there was a delay or a more intricate questionnare or disclaimer that players had to go through and check off, and accept that their entries may be discarded if they are not within the qualifications, it might prevent people from loading their entire library on there.

The bolded part is something else I've noticed. Not only are the top ones all rule breaking, they are all literally the same 2-3 people.

Everyone else still voting for them are part of the problem too, or else they wouldn't be at the top. People straight up don't care or respect the rules whatsoever. It would be nice if this was moderated.

I know the OP just showed the top 10 but it was actually the top 50 I counted this morning and 2 out of the 50 followed the rules... :/

Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    This is what you have to compete against in the build category, complete spam. All but one of these is submitted by the same user. It's all the same exact build and then it looks like someone else either had the same idea, or copied and submitted.
    ssZmdFV.png
  • Sallinger79Sallinger79 Posts: 27 Member
    > @Pamtastic72 said:
    > This is what you have to compete against in the build category, complete spam. All but one of these is submitted by the same user. It's all the same exact build and then it looks like someone else either had the same idea, or copied and submitted.

It looks like only three of those have been submitted to the Spark'd challenge, but yeah... it's bad. There are at least some actual wedding venues in the top 10, but also a bunch of normal family homes. (Because, when you think 'destination wedding' the first thing that pops up is Mom & Dad's back yard, right?) And I've seen quite a few builds that were originally created by another user - not just inspired by or copied, but someone downloaded it, maybe changed one thing, and then re-uploaded it as their own. (The original builder's name is shown in the lot description.) I expect the high amount of votes are people's followers just liking and downloading whatever came up in their newsfeed.

People are getting called on this in the comments, but most are just ignoring it and some are actually getting defensive about it. One person is saying that she "has to" upload them because someone stole some of her builds and submitted them to the challenge as their own work. Another is running around posting comments on other people's builds saying things like, "Be careful. User xxxxxx is harassing me with hateful comments." When you check his profile, he has several residential homes submitted to the competition, most of which have comments telling him his entries are against the rules. (His response to one of these was along the lines of, "Stop sending me hate. I have anxiety!" I mean, stop spamming the competition and I'm pretty sure everyone will just leave you alone.)

All of this could have been avoided with a few filters (make sure this is the submitter's original work, that the lot/houshold was created within the submission timeframe, and that this exact lot/household hasn't already been submitted by that user - and for the stylist one, a check to make sure there are at least two YA or older Sims, and that all Sims are wearing clothes), and some pre-moderation to make sure that they actually fit the theme. (Which is *destination* wedding, so throwing a wedding arch into the backyard of a house doesn't count.)

A lot of work to set up in the beginning, maybe. But it would have saved time in the long run since people would stop submitting crap once their attempts got rejected a few times, and seeing that only valid entries were making it to the contest tab would discourage people from trying to spam it. And then maybe the whole thing wouldn't be such a dumpster fire.
    I think it would also be good if they completely wipe the Spark'd gallery when each contest ends. If they adjusted it so that the entries didn't show up in the normal gallery or favorites and downloads didn't count on both so two separate uploads had to be done, people might not bother and it could clear some of the spam clutter.
    #Team Occult
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I thought that for a wedding people might want to submit, you know, couples -- not single Sims, not pregnant single Sims. Went through and favorited a bunch that I thought were unique that weren't using custom thumbnails or other rule-breaking nonsense. :|

I hope they'll wipe the Sparkd section after each challenge is over so entries don't get buried in stuff.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    I went ahead and submitted mine. I have no expectations for it, beyond it being buried under piles of spam posts. I spent the time on it so I figured I might as well.
    I went ahead and submitted mine. I have no expectations for it, beyond it being buried under piles of spam posts. I spent the time on it so I figured I might as well.

I just grabbed a bunch of your builds and gave you a follow -- you have some amazing work! <3
    babajayne wrote: »
    Are dark eyebrows with blonde hair a thing now?

If the hair is bleached/colored then yeah; too much hassle to do the eyebrows too.
  • MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    @ravenna @stilljustme2 @pamtastic72 @lielf

Totally agree with your sentiments. I submitted two wedding parties with now real expectations. It's hard to even decipher what is Spark'd or the real Gallery. Clearly there needs to be a team weeding out CC poses and others out so that those who stuck to the criteria can be seen. Otherwise, many who participated may not return for Challenge 2.
    I was a week ahead of myself -- thought the deadline was today, not next Sunday. :D So I've got another week to be ignored....

I just grabbed a bunch of your builds and gave you a follow -- you have some amazing work! <3

Oh gosh, 😊 thanks. I am getting better some of my early ones are a bit crude, lol. I don’t build a ton, but when I get inspired or want a break from my other saves it’s really relaxing.
    LiELF wrote: »
    I think it would also be good if they completely wipe the Spark'd gallery when each contest ends. If they adjusted it so that the entries didn't show up in the normal gallery or favorites and downloads didn't count on both so two separate uploads had to be done, people might not bother and it could clear some of the spam clutter.

I don’t think the plan to, because in the upper left hand corner there is a filter tab labeled theme. So think they plan to keep them all up and have them searchable by that criteria so this could be a gigantic dumpster fire after all is said and done if they don’t start monitoring submissions and editing that part of the gallery.