Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

County and Farm world Idea

I was thinking about a new idea for a new expansion pack, I was thinking of combining farming and traditional country town events.
New world:
The new world could be called Hayward. Hayward is a small farming town with seven lots (three pre made homes, two community lots, one empty lot and a large park).

Hayward is based on a Minnesota town with folksy charm, the town has a large park/ peach orchard. The community enjoys warm afternoon walks, talking, playing and Sometimes eating tasty peaches fresh off the tree, as long as Mrs or Mr Higgs doesn’t catch you.

Premade sims:
Mrs and Mr Higgs are believed to be related to the founders of Hayward the very founders who first planted the peach trees.
They both very proud of Haywood and the local events. Mrs and Mr Higgs love to entering their “Homemade” pies in local competitions and always get first place. Their homemade pies actually hold a secret that would shock the townspeople. No, they are not Sweeney Todd but they actually using frozen pies made from a factory in Strangeville called mother pies.

Mr Read and Mr Harris are happy couple with twin toddlers, a happy collie dog and a mini pig, Alan Read is stay at home dad, He’s often playing or teaching his toddlers new words. Thomas Harris is a gardener who loves anything green and loves the Eco lifestyle.

Animals and bugs:
Horses
Chicken (please no Charles the chicken)
Pigs
Sheep (their wool can help with knitting)
Slugs & Snails

Slugs and Snails will eat the plants but chickens will eat slugs and snails.

Local events

The fruit and vegetable festival lasts for two days where everyone can pick the fruit and vegetables grown in Hayward (Higgs idea). Children, teens, adults and elders all love the tasty peaches, the fresh peas and strawberries all locally grown.
Best in Show and Best Pie events: sims can enter their home baked pies, home reared animals, homemade crafts and knitted clothing. The pie competition is the jewel of Hayward, only six bakers can enter their pies and they will be judged by NPCS. Sims can compete to get a beautiful blue ribbons and shine with pride. First prize will get a blue ribbon and 60 simloeans. They also get a mood let “my heart could burst with pride”. If they place 2nd or 3rd will get a yellow or green ribbon and will get the mood let “Not best in show but best in heart”. If you beat the Higgs to first place, they will have a meltdown.
Sims can attend the evening hayrides during the last day of summer.

Harvest-able

Peaches
Peas
Wild Strawberries
Cherries
Cucumbers
Corn
Straw
Leeks
Fresh eggs
Milk
Oats

Gardening
Sims can be organic gardeners and they can use animal dung to improve the quality of their plants.

Radio station

Folk and country

Recipes

Venison pie
Chicken pie
Beef pie
Corn on the corn
Cornbread
Cheddar apple pie
Pecan pie
Pea soup
Biscuits
Wild rice soup
Fakon (Fake Bacon) and apple salad

Comments

• DrWrightDrWright Posts: 29 Member
    I want farm equipment and economics. The game isn't a proper farm simulation if you don't have to manage the economics of a farm.
  • PLUCHEZOEPLUCHEZOE Posts: 3 New Member
    This is a cute idea! I just really want some old timey farm looking eco-living items like a wooden windmill and a watertower (which is already in buydebug), these would fit well in your expansion idea!
  • Simzilla_7Simzilla_7 Posts: 141 Member
    PLUCHEZOE wrote: »
    This is a cute idea! I just really want some old timey farm looking eco-living items like a wooden windmill and a watertower (which is already in buydebug), these would fit well in your expansion idea!

Thank you
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Simzilla_7 wrote: »
    Hayward is a small farming town with seven lots (three pre made homes, two community lots, one empty lot and a large park).
    Too small.
    I'd prefer a rural world with at least 3 neighbourhoods, one being the village, and made up of small lots around a village green (aka the place for markets, fairs and festivals. The village also needs the local pub, a place to drink a pint of your favourite yeasty brew.

Hayward is based on a Minnesota town with folksy charm, the town has a large park/ peach orchard.
    Ho hum.
    The game needs to get away from US themes, and become a little more global.
    Lets have a rural English countryside instead.

Animals and bugs:
    Horses
    Chicken (please no Charles the chicken)
    Pigs
    Sheep (their wool can help with knitting)
    Slugs & Snails
    Needs ducks, cows, and goats.

Harvest-able

Peaches
    Peas
    Wild Strawberries
    Cherries
    Cucumbers
    Corn
    Straw
    Leeks
    Fresh eggs
    Milk
    Oats
    Needs wheat, barley, and rye. Turnips, cabbage, and beetroot.
    Also, what the heck is "Straw"? Are you meaning what is left after harvesting grain?
    Not sure where you planned on getting the milk from... Sheep? Nah, we're gonna need cows and goats.

Radio station

Folk
    Yes please!. Some nice English folk music! Maybe some OECD, and some Morris Dance tunes.

Recipes

Venison pie
    Chicken pie
    Beef pie
    Corn on the corn
    Cornbread
    Cheddar apple pie
    Pecan pie
    Pea soup
    Biscuits
    Wild rice soup
    Fakon (Fake Bacon) and apple salad
    Needs more pie. Lamb pie, Cottage pie, Shepherds pie.
    And needs more bread. Country cob, Loaf of Rye, Oatcakes.
    And more soups, Grandma's chicken soup, Nonna's Minestrone, and Babushka's best Borscht.

Cheese making!
    Yogurt, soft cheeses, cottage cheese, hard cheeses, matured cheeses. This pack needs to be cheesy
    Also could include some gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches in the recipes list... hmmm like Welsh Rarebit.

Brewing!!!
    Brew your own yeasty brew, use different grains for different brews. And maybe keep the sludge at the bottom of the vat, so your sims have some tasty yeast extract to spread on their toast, or put in their pies and soups for added flavour.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    I like these ideas. There's a similar suggestion in this thread: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/952018/sims-4-off-the-land-expansion-pack-farming

A lot of detail & thought went into it. I liked the store content of cows & chickens from Sims3 but I would like more dynamic interactive stuff like you suggested here.

I would love for farm lots to be larger. I live on a farm & have over 30 acres so it's impossible to build anything close to my yard on Sims4. I could cut out the back pastures but still couldn't fit my barn, driveway, sheds, etc.