Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you change eco footprint in apartments?

Hello, simmers! Has anyone on here actually managed to change an apartment building lot to either green or industrial? I have reliably figured out how to make conventional lots change eco footprint, but I have never managed to get an apartment building to read as anything other than neutral.

I currently have a building in San Myshuno where every apartment has one or more fireplaces going all the time, lots of industrial labeled brick walls, and even a cheaty thing where I used moveobjects to layer tons of the industrial I-beam columns on top of one another to bump up the industrial score, and the map tag still has the neutral symbol above it when I click eco footprint in map mode. I've had a similar lack of luck getting apartments to go green in other neighborhoods.

At this point, I'm just wondering if it's possible or if there's some glitch that keeps apartment building map tags neutral, so please let me know if you have successfully gotten an apartment building off of neutral! If anyone has done it, I'll assume it's possible and keep trying.

Comments

• Options
    Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    If your interested in cheats:
    To change the footprint with a cheat, you need to choose form one of those three. If you want your Eco Footprint to be green, then you will type Eco_Footprint. Set_Eco_Footprint_State 0 into the cheats console
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • Options
    I am assuming 3 would be industrial
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I tried in Evergreen Harbor, but since you can’t place anything on balconies, you can’t place wind turbines or dew collectors. All I could do was upgrade my appliances and bathroom stuff to have a green footprint and it wasn’t enough.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I tried in Evergreen Harbor, but since you can’t place anything on balconies, you can’t place wind turbines or dew collectors. All I could do was upgrade my appliances and bathroom stuff to have a green footprint and it wasn’t enough.

In medena studios in city living their is an editable balcony
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    I am assuming 3 would be industrial

It's actually 2. 1 is neutral and 0 is green.
  • Options
    rachelwolferachelwolfe Posts: 110 Member
    Thanks for your responses! I do know about the cheats, but I'm just wondering if it's possible through gameplay. Thus far, no evidence that it is!
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I know some people were excited to have more apartments but I personally think this pack was the wrong choice. Here's a bunch of eco stuff, in the only world whose visuals change with the NAPS, oh but 4 of the lots can't use most of the stuff. Uhh what. Should have retroactively placed apartments in Del Sol Valley IMO.
  • Options
    SanniSilliSanniSilli Posts: 164 Member
    My "spice district" in San Myshuno is going towards industrial... quite quickly actually! And there is not so much to do about it, since I don't have so many ideas how to do green things in apartments :(
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    @SanniSilli Basically use everything from EL. walls, floors, lighting, furniture, rugs, plumbing, appliances. Upgrade all the appliances and plumbing. Don't upgrade to anything that uses fuel, though... that leans industrial. That's the only way I've been able to do it. You have to fully upgrade each apt in the building to make the building green. Also, enable N.A.P.s and only use the eco NAPs
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    SanniSilliSanniSilli Posts: 164 Member
    Thanks for the advice! I would be very happy if the footprint only stayed neutral and hope I don't have to do a lot of renovations since I like my apartments as they are :D And there isn't that much variation if I can only use build/buy from eco lifestyle to only stop the neighborhood going industrial...

I hope my other neighborhoods aren't going down the same speed... Well, I must play some more to see and then maybe search some more info if they really are.