Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Blackwell Chronicles (On Hiatus)

Comments

• _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    @ThePlumbob
    Anywho, time for another chapter (sorry that you've wound up getting tagged in this through the TS3 talk Yimi, since I'm fairly positive you will hate this one :D )

NggghhHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    You know what? I'm fine with this. Yes. This is fine. This is absolutely fantastic. If Cordelia is so dead-set on wooing Morgyn, that means that I can try and lure Dandy away into the feywild with me. And bake him pancakes. And play festival games all day. And be a better friend than Faba ever was because he is utterly adorable and I cannot resist his natural cuteness.

Joking aside though, I really liked this chapter. I can't remember. Do you plan the things happening out in advance, or do you play the game and see what shenanigans happen, and write from there? Either way, it works really well, because I can still see the game underneath the story ^^ most of your chapters really make me want to start a family from scratch and play through it all again, haha.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    @lone_cat
    That's a pretty good theory! Only a couple of chapters till we hear a bit from Morgyn themselves now, though I wouldn't count on that answering all questions either ;)

@mercuryfoam
    That's some really good advice for Cordelia! Let's hope she takes it. Though did she take Grace's advice? I guess there's only one way of learning. Then again, maybe it will all be fine and you guys are being pessimistic for nothing. Let the girl celebrate her semi-victory :p

@_sims_Yimi
    I'm glad you're so completely fine with it :D

Ah, that's a good question with a somewhat complicated answer. I do plan, I have the whole storyline mostly planned out (for this "season", at least - though I'm pretty fickle so it may change), and then I do always have a plan for the chapter (I have quite a lot of outline scribbles all over the place haha). However, I typically take my screenshots first, and then write afterwards, so sometimes I do let little things from the game influence elements of the story. For me, it's the best of both worlds that way.

For example, the chapter where L Faba comes to invite Dandy for Winterfest is semi-courtesy of the game; I was always going to have her invite him, but it was just going to happen through a letter or "off camera", and then Dandy and Cordelia would have had the follow-up conversation basically the way we saw. But L Faba did actually happen to rock up while the two of them were having a snow ball fight in a brilliantly ominous way in that white outfit of hers, and I have been wanting to give her a bit more screen time anyway, so I was like, perfect, let's do this in realtime, then. So the game didn't really change the overarching plot, but tweaked the delivery, for the better, I think.

It's that random Winterfest special in July... I'll leave it up to you to decide if it's particularly festive, though.

Chapter 21: The Gift

I9gi9sD.jpg
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    @ThePlumbob

The nickname Cordie makes me want to complete the name. And the first word that sprung up in my mind is Cordyceps. :bawling: Yeah I'm weird lol.
  • Ember_FoxEmber_Fox Posts: 46 Member
    edited July 2020
    @ThePlumbob
    I just wanted to say that I really enjoy your story. I think it is well written with good pictures and interesting characters and places.
    I like your take on the sages but I am hoping we will get to see more of Simeon since so far he is the one I find the most likable and it seems to me that he is the best bet for actually getting some answers instead of getting zapped, teleported or left confused either for fun(?) or actual research purposes. Possibly a combination of both.
    Oh, and I do like how you portray Darrel and how arrogant he is. I can't say I find him a likable character but he is one of my favorites to read about when he shows in your story.
    I am looking forward to reading more and see what will happen :)
  • lone_catlone_cat Posts: 417 Member
    Haha! Dandy is too adorable in his ugly Winterfest sweater.
    I'm really excited about this New Years Eve ball. :)
    edited July 2020
    @DeafSimmer Thank you! :)

@mercuryfoam Lol! Never change my friend! πŸ˜‚ For me it makes me think of cords... as in wires. Since Cordelia's into DIY and all 😊 But yours is excellent haha!

@Ember_Fox Hi, thank you so much for reading and for taking the time to comment! :)
    Simeon is an interesting character in his own right for sure, but you're right that he's not had too much exposure - since we're mainly seeing things from Cordelia's perspective for now, and she currently has much more emotional investment in the other two sages (for good and bad reasons, obviously). We will get to see a bit more of Simeon later, though I can't promise it will become completely balanced with other sages.

And I'm glad you're enjoying reading about Darrel, he's a funny character!

@lone_cat Haha I couldn't resist putting him in one :D
    Yay! Me too! :)

Post edited by ThePlumbob on
    edited July 2020
    I meant to publish this tomorrow, but I'm impatient, so here you go. Part one out of the Von Haunt Estate ball two-parter...

edited July 2020
    Chapter 21
    Cordelia made a violin for him? That is the most adorable thing ever ermagewd <3 And pancakes again from Dandy. You have no idea how much I want to eat pancakes now, haha.

Wait. Waaaaaiiiit. The Von Haunt Estate?
    *edit: never mind, I mixed up Vlad's estate and the gorgeous one in Windenburg. Morgyn gets a pass this time. :mrgreen:

Great chapter! Also I'm so sorry for that rant, Plumbob. :D I love your chapters, and Dandy, and Cordie, and Morgyn makes me irrationally angry. XD
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    @_sims_Yimi
    A thoughtful gift if I ever saw one, especially for someone with as limited resources as Cordelia!

Hahaha I doubt Vlad's the kind of guy that throws many parties. I'm not even sure what his creepy manor is called :D I'm sure Von Haunt Estate will be much more pleasant (well, not so much future tense because I just literally posted part one of the Von Haunt ball update, but you know what I mean :D Timelines and stuff!)

And don't apologise! I love how invested you get :)
    Chapter 22, too =D
    Oooh Cordelia looks wonderful in that dress, and with her hair like that! Just like a real princess =D the bit with her falling down almost immediately after almost made me spit out my drink from laughter, haha.

I wonder who that strange man and woman were. Vampires? I was glad when I realized that I mistook the Von Haunt estate for Vlad’s mansion in my last comment, but those two were super creepy – enough to be potential vampires 0.o

I never use the estate, so I’m not sure, but did you renovate it? It looks amazing!
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    @DeafSimmer

Thank you! I believe the dress is by BEO Creations - I've had it for years but it's still one of my favorites. I'm a bit bored with the formal attire that comes with the game, there's not enough choice of dresses I think.
    You're right, it was a very traumatic experience for her, so she definitely carries the remnants of it with her at all times :(

@_sims_Yimi Long time no see :D
    Thank you! I loved her look. And yeah, she decided to start making bloody snow angels the minute she got to the Von Haunt Estate, but she looked too adorable doing it, so I decided to incorporate it in the story :)

They are totally just your average formal dance goers doing average formal dance things. They're super normal and non-creepy! Ok, I think I've managed to reassure you now. πŸ˜…

It is a renovated version, but I didn't make it - I've put the details on the Credits page on my blog 😊 It's beautiful!
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    @ThePlumbob
    This is a bittersweet chapter. I haven't gotten over it yet :bawling: I'm super curious about the couple at the bar. The man insinuates that the woman has something up her sleeve. But oof I'm super worried for Cordelia now I can't think much of anything else. :tired_face:
    @mercuryfoam
    Aww, just let Cordelia enjoy her moment. She's not looking for reasons for things to fail...

The couple at the bar were totally regular and non-suspicious folks. All this paranoia, sheesh... *creeps away suspiciously*
  • lone_catlone_cat Posts: 417 Member
    Beautiful chapter! :)
    Cordelia looked stunning, and the dress was like a Cinderella dress. She totally gave me Julia Roberts vibes from Pretty Woman, especially in a couple of the dance scenes. I think it's the wavy auburn hair. And the Von Haunt estate was gorgeous too.

I definitely think the couple was vampires. And does Morgyn know that they are vampires? Morgyn must know, I still think they have a lot of secrets and they didn't just bring Cordelia to the ball for a romantic night. But at least Cordelia got the kiss she wanted, and what a great first kiss!
    @lone_cat Thank you! <3
    Ooh I haven't thought of Pretty Woman, but I can totally see that! She definitely got quite the glow up for the ball :)

Interesting question! Or it would be, if they were vampires. We have established that they're totally normal, non-creepy party goers, remember? So there's totally nothing for Morgyn to know about them... lalalala o:)

• Ember_FoxEmber_Fox Posts: 46 Member
    @ThePlumbob
    No worries. I don't except the sages to have equal time on screen - I am just happy to hear that we will get to see a bit more of Simeon later on :) And I am also hoping that we at some point in the future will get to know the story between Dandelion and L Faba and how that relates to how Faba treats Cordelia as well as the story between Tomax and Morgyn.
    @Ember_Fox Hey lovely 😊
    I can confidently promise we will learn what happened betweeen Dandy and L Faba down the line. And the reason for L Faba's distaste of Cordelia. And even Tomax will make a brief appearance, as insignificant I find him lol. As for Simeon, he is fully fleshed out in my mind, I'm just not sure how much I'll manage to show that - down the line or in season 2 might be his time to shine, though.
    edited July 2020
    I debated whether to do a chapter from Morgyn's POV or not, but we're at a point in the story where it would be difficult to move ahead without it, so you get a little peak into Morgyn's mind today.

Side note - I like to listen to music a lot before writing to get myself into the right kind of mindset, so I have songs that I associate with various characters' relationships. If you're interested in what song I associate with any particular relationships between any two of the main characters, let me know, since I think it might not be a spoiler at this point. Although I realise this kind of thing is probably more interesting to me than anyone else :D
  • SnuffyBucketSnuffyBucket Posts: 569 Member
    Side note - I like to listen to music a lot before writing to get myself into the right kind of mindset, so I have songs that I associate with various characters' relationships. If you're interested in what song I associate with any particular relationships between any two of the main characters, let me know, since I think it might not be a spoiler at this point. Although I realise this kind of thing is probably more interesting to me than anyone else :D

Oh I'm here for this.
    Obviously I want Morgyn/Cordelia but if it exists I also want Morgyn/Vampy. Nice eyes huh? ;)
    Banner-2-with-filters.jpg
    Almost Eternal
    @DeafSimmer
    You were right. I wasn't particularly subtle haha, so I'm glad everyone figured it out.

@SnuffyBucket Yay, thanks for indulging me <3
    Morgyn/Cordelia: Depeche Mode - I Want It All

Not much of a relationship between Morgyn/Vampy at present. Just some light ocular appreciation :p
    edited July 2020
    *scrapes throat*
    CORDIE AND DANDY! CORDIE AND DANDY! GIMME GIMME GIMME
    *cough*
    Right. Cordelia and Dandelion, please, if you have one for them. o:)

Chapter 23
    Aaaaand here you go losing those brownie points again, Morgyn. So s/he senses something very powerful, and their first thought is to leave their (human, out-of-her-depth, naive, very vulnerable) date alone to go seek it out. Not once, but twice, with the second time arguably being the more dangerous one. And they even seem to enjoy her fear. Cordelia is not a toy, Morgyn. >=(
    J6AKQqX.jpg